|Description||Information about the 2020 Bilderberg is currently lacking.|
The 2020 Bilderberg Meeting was planned to be the 68th Bilderberg meeting and expected to have participants from around 20 European countries, the United States, Canada and possibly one or two other nations such as China. The Steering committee reportedly postponed it due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bilderberg 2020 was presumably scheduled, like all Bilderberg meetings for the last decade, to begin and end in June. However, after the COVID-19 pandemic, their official website reported as of April 2020 that "in line with worldwide travel constraints and prevention efforts the Meeting 2020 has been postponed".
If the event were actually cancelled due to COVID-19, this would be only its second ever cancellation. The only precedent was the decision to cancel the Bilderberg in 1976 to minimise the risks of exposure after the Lockheed/Bribery scandals had drawn unwanted attention to Prince Bernhard.
Tony Gosling was sceptical in August 2020 that it had in fact been cancelled, suggesting that the announcement of its cancellation may have been a ruse to distract from the increasing public profile of the group.
No agenda for the 2020 Bilderberg Agenda was released. Conjectured topics include:
- The 2020 COVID pandemic
- The post-COVID lockdown economy
- The Great Reset
- Technological developments, including the COVID Vaccine
- How to Control the narrative
- 2020 US Presidential Election
- Internet censorship, in light of the increasing number of leaks
- Restoring faith in the commercially-controlled media
Most of the Steering Committee were expected to attend. Some perennial Bilderbergers in particular were easy to predict: Victor Halberstadt and Henry Kissinger (more Bilderberg visits than anyone else alive, 44 each), Vernon Jordan (34), Marie-Josée Kravis (29). Former chair, Étienne Davignon (33 visits) may well attend.
- Bermas, Jason (2020-03-29). "Bilderberg 2020 CANCELLED Due To Coronavirus?". YouTube. Jason Bermas. Retrieved 2020-04-02.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "CSS").
- Note for example that Half Of Americans Don't Trust Mainstream Media's COVID-19 Coverage
- He attended last year after a 6 year hiatus