The 1997 Bilderberg Meeting was the 45th such meeting and had participants from European countries, the United States and Canada. It was chaired by Peter Carrington and was held held at Lake Lanier, Georgia, USA. Exceptionally for a 20th century Bilderberg meeting, the location of the meeting was leaked before it happened. The 116 guests included 32 business executives, 23 politicians, 13 financiers, 13 editors/journalists and 12 academics.
- 1 Secret attendance
- 2 Exposure
- 3 Agenda
- 3.1 1. Will NATO's Enlargement Affect the Transatlantic Alliance?
- 3.2 2. Do the World's Energy Needs Prevent Sustainable Development?
- 3.3 3. Growth through Productivity Improvement: a Threat to Western Social Cohesion?
- 3.4 4. Peacekeeping: Assessments and Prospects-Bosnia, Albania, Cyprus
- 3.5 5. Status Report on American Foreign Policy
- 3.6 6. How Should the West Look at China?
- 3.7 7. Corporate Survival: Breaking with Tradition in Governance
- 3.8 8. EMU's Consequences Assuming it Goes Ahead
- 3.9 9. The Return of the European Left: Sign of Innovation or Reaction?
- 3.10 10. Relationship of the West to Islam
- 3.11 11. World Bank Update
- 4 Participants
- 5 References
Although not listed, Hillary Clinton was seen at the conference greeting the guests. Although she has repeatedly denied having attended the group (even going so far in 2007 as pretending not to know of it), emails posted to the Clinton Presidential Library & Museum reveal that she spoke there to strongly endorse "immediate NATO membership for the Baltics". 
The 1997 Bilderberg Agenda has not been leaked, but the website at Bilderberg Meetings has posted an agenda.
1. Will NATO's Enlargement Affect the Transatlantic Alliance?
2. Do the World's Energy Needs Prevent Sustainable Development?
3. Growth through Productivity Improvement: a Threat to Western Social Cohesion?
4. Peacekeeping: Assessments and Prospects-Bosnia, Albania, Cyprus
5. Status Report on American Foreign Policy
6. How Should the West Look at China?
7. Corporate Survival: Breaking with Tradition in Governance
8. EMU's Consequences Assuming it Goes Ahead
9. The Return of the European Left: Sign of Innovation or Reaction?
10. Relationship of the West to Islam
11. World Bank Update
|Gianni Agnelli||Italian industrialist, 37 Bilderbergs|
|Paul Allaire||Bilderberg Steering Committee member who headed Rank Xerox|
|Otto Wolff von Amerongen||Bilderberg Advisory Committee member, deep politician|
|Bodil Nyboe Andersen||central banker, Bilderberger|
|Beatrix Armgard||Queen Beatrix. Kicked a very heavy Bilderberg habit in 2015.|
|Francisco Pinto Balsemão||>30 Bilderbergs, Bilderberg Steering committee, Prime Minister of Portugal|
|Percy Barnevik||Bilderberg Steering committee|
|Robert Bartley||Managed the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal for over 30 years. 15 Bilderberg visits|
|Lloyd Bentsen||5 time Bilderberger US Treasury Secretary|
|Maarten van den Bergh|
|C. Fred Bergsten||Brookings Institution, CFR, 5 Bilderbergs ...|
|Ernst van der Beugel||34 Bilderberg meetings, on both the Advisory Committee & Steering committees|
|Selahattin Beyazit||Turkish Bilderberg Steering committee|
|Carl Bildt||Swedish politician and serial Bilderberger|
|Conrad Black||Fraudulent Bilderberg steering committee member|
|E. John P. Browne|
|Robin Buchanan||Triple Bilderberger US businessman|
|Hubert Burda||Multi-billionaire publisher. 7 Bilderbergs|
|Peter Carrington||UK Deep politician. Bilderberg chairman. President of the Pilgrims Society. Secretary General of NATO. Chairman of the UK Conservative Party. Busy guy.|
|Hillary Clinton||“Too big to jail”|
|Bertrand Collomb||Connected French businessman. 13 Bilderbergs.|
|Jon Corzine||6 times Bilderberger financier|
|Kenneth Dam||Economist acting US Secretary of State with a heavy Bilderberg habit|
|George David||Greek Cypriot entrepreneur, Bilderberg Steering committee.|
|Étienne Davignon||Belgian deep politician, EU commissioner, Bilderberg chairman, Egmont Institute president|
|François de Donnea|
|Uffe Ellemann-Jensen||Danish Foreign Minister, 8 Bilderbergs|
|Gazi Ercel||Turkish central banker and 4 times Bilderberger|
|David Frum||Neoconservative deep state operative who coined the phrase "axis of evil"|
|Victor Halberstadt||A professor of economics, with a minimal Wikipedia page, who has attended all Bilderberg meetings since 1975.|
|Lee H. Hamilton||Having chaired some key house committees, Hamilton appears to have established himself as a safe pair of hands for handling potentially damaging information, explaining his choice as fallback vice chairman of the 9/11 Commission.|
|Richard Holbrooke||Bilderberg/Steering committee, deep state operative|
|Jan Huyghebaert||Belgian businessman, 11 Bilderbergs|
|Westye Höegh||President of the Norwegian Shipowners' Association, Bilderberg Steering committee|
|Jaakko Iloniemi||Bilderberg Steering committee, Finnish Ambassador to the US|
|... further results|