|Date||14 May 1998 - 17 May 1998|
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 1. Current Events
- 1.2 2. What Will be the Consequences of EMU?
- 1.3 3. Is there Room for one Transatlantic Market Place?
- 1.4 4. Military Implications of the Growing Technological Disparity between the United States and Europe
- 1.5 5. To what Extent Will Enlargement Redefine NATO's Relationship with Russia?
- 1.6 6. Is Europe's Social Model Dead?
- 1.7 7. A Review of the Crisis in Kosovo and Albania: the Role of the UN
- 1.8 8. In the Light of the Asian Crisis should the World's Financial System be Reformed?
- 1.9 9. The Implications of the New India Nuclear Weapon Program
- 1.10 10. Turkey's Role in the Western Alliance
- 2 Attendance
- 3 References
The 1998 Bilderberg Agenda has not been leaked, but the website at Bilderberg Meetings has posted an agenda.
1. Current Events
2. What Will be the Consequences of EMU?
3. Is there Room for one Transatlantic Market Place?
4. Military Implications of the Growing Technological Disparity between the United States and Europe
5. To what Extent Will Enlargement Redefine NATO's Relationship with Russia?
6. Is Europe's Social Model Dead?
7. A Review of the Crisis in Kosovo and Albania: the Role of the UN
8. In the Light of the Asian Crisis should the World's Financial System be Reformed?
9. The Implications of the New India Nuclear Weapon Program
10. Turkey's Role in the Western Alliance
- USA - Allaire, Paul A - Chairman, Xerox Corporation
- E - Almunia Amann, Joaquin - Secretary General, Socialist Party
- P - Balsemao, Francisco Pinto - Professor of Communication Science, New University, Lisbon; Chairman, IMPRESA, S.G.P.S.; Former Prime Minister
- S - Barnevik, Percy - Chairman, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
- TR - Bayar, Ugur - Chairman, Privitization Administration
- D - Bertram, Christoph - Director, Foundation Science and Policy, Former Diplomatic Correspondent, Die Zeit
- NL - Beugel, Ernst H van der - Emeritus Professor of International Relations, Leiden University; Former Honorary Secretary General of Bilderberg Meetings for Europe and Canada
- CDN - Black, Conrad - Chairman, The Telegraph plc
- INT - Brittan, Leon - Vice President of the European Commission
- GB - Browne, John - Group Chief Executive, British Petroleum Company plc
- IRL - Bruton, John - Leader of Fine Gael
- GB - Buchanon, Robin - Senior Partner, Bain and Company Inc. UK.
- D - Burda, Hubert - Chairman, Burda Media
- E - Carvajal Urquijo, Jaime - Chairman, Dresdner Kleinwort Benson S.A. (Spain)
- TR - Cem, Ismail - Minister of Foreign Affairs
- CDN - Chretien, Raymond A.J. - Ambassador to the U.S.
- RUS - Chubais, Anatoli B. - Former First Vice Prime Minister; Chairman RAO EES
- GB - Clarke, Kenneth - Member of Parliament
- F - Collomb, Bertrand - Chairman and CEO, Lafarge
- INT - Courtis, Kenneth S. - First Vice President, Research Dept., Deutsche Bank Asia Pacific
- P - Coutinho, Vasco Pereira - Chairman, IPC Holding
- INT - Crockett, Andrew - General Manager, Bank for International Settlements
- GR - David, George A. - Chairman of the Board, Hellenic Bottling Company S.A.
- B - Davignon, Etienne - Executive Chairman, Societe Generale de Belgique; Former Vice Chairman of the Commission of the European Communities
- USA - Deutch, John M. - Institute Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Dept. of Chemistry. Former Director General, Central Intelligence Agency; Former Deputy Secretary of Defence
- CDN - Dion, Stephane - Queens Privy Council for Canada and Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs
- USA - Donilon, Thomas - Partner, O'Melveny & Myers; Former Assistant Secretary of State, and Chief of Staff, U.S. Department of State.
- DK - Ellemann-Jensen, Uffe - Chairman, Liberal Party
- D - Engelen-Kefer, Ursula - Deputy Chairman of the Board of Management, Deutscher Gewerkschaftsbund, DGB
- USA - Feldstein, Martin S. - President and CEO, National Bureau of Economic Research Inc.
- INT - Fischer, Stanley - First Deputy Managing Director, International Monetary Fund
- USA - Forester, Lynn - President and CEO, FirstMark Holdings Inc.
- USA - Gadiesh, Orit - Chairman of the Board, Bain and Company Inc.
- F - Gregorin, Jean-Louis - Member of the Board of Directors, Matra Hachette
- TR - Gezgin Eris, Meral - President IKV (Economic Development Foundation)
- B - Goossens, John - President and CEO, Belgacom
- GB - Grierson, Ronald - Former Vice Chairman, GEC
- USA - Grossman, Marc - Assistant Secretary, US Department of State
- F - Guetta, Bernard - Editor in Chief, Le Nouvel Observateur
- GB - Hague, William - Leader of the Opposition
- GB - Hannay, David - Prime Ministers Personal Envoy for Turkey; Former Permanent Representative to the United Nations
- USA - Hoagland, Jim - Associate Editor, The Washington Post
- N - Hoegh, Westye - Chairman of the Board, Leif Hoegh and Co. A.S.A.; Former President, Norwegian Shipowners Association
- NL - Hoeven, Cees H. van der - President, Royal Ahold
- USA - Hoge, Jr., James F. - Editor, Foreign Affairs
- GB - Hogg, Christopher - Chairman, Reuters Group plc
- USA - Holbrooke, Richard C. - Former Assistant Secretary for European Affairs; Vice Chairman, CS First Boston
- P - Horta e Costa, Miguel - Vice-President, Portugal Telecom
- D - Ishinger, Wolfgang - Political Director, Foreign Office
- D - Issing, Otmar - Member of the Board, Deutsche Bundesbank
- GB - Jenkins, Michael - Vice Chairman, Dresdner Kleinwort Benson
- USA - Johnson, James A. - Chairman and CEO, FannieMae
- USA - Jordan, Jr., Vernon E. - Senior Partner, Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, LLP (Attorneys-at-Law)
- GB - Kaletsky, Anatole - Associate Editor, The Times
- GR - Karamanlis, Kostas A. - Leader of the Opposition
- TR - Kirac, Suna - Vice Chairman of the Board, Koc Holding A.S.
- USA - Kissinger, Henry A. - Former Secretary of State; Chairman, Kissinger Associates Inc.
- INT - Kohnstamm, Max - Senior Consultant, The European Policy Center
- D - Kopper, Hilmar - Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Deutsche Bank A.G.
- NL - Korteweg, Pieter - President and CEO, Robeco Group
- CZ - Kovanda, Karel - Head of Mission to the Czech Republic to NATO and the WEU
- USA - Kravis, Henry R. - Founding Partner, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
- USA - Kravis, Marie-Josee - Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute Inc.
- USA - Leschly, Jan - CEO SmithKline Beecham plc.
- F - Levy-Lang, Andre - Chairman of the Board of Management, Paribas
- FIN - Lipponen, Paavo - Prime Minister
- DK - Lykketoft, Mogens - Minister of Finance
- CDN - MacMillan, Margaret - Editor, International Journal, Canadian Institute of International Affairs, University of Toronto
- CDN - Manning, Preston - Leader of the Reform Party
- USA - Matthews, Jessica Tuchman - President, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- USA - McDonough, William J. - President, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- D - Nass, Matthias - Deputy Editor, Zie Deit
- NL - Netherlands, Her Majesty Queen of the
- PL - Olechowski, Andrzej - Chairman, Central Europe Trust, Poland
- FIN - Ollila, Jorma - President and CEO, Nokia Corporation
- GR - Papandreou, George A. - Alternate Minister for Foreign Affairs
- INT - Prendergast, Kieran - Under-Secertary General for Political Affairs, United Nations
- USA - Prestowitz, Clyde V. - President, Economic Strategy Institute
- A - Puhringer, Othmar - Chairman of Managing Board, VA-Technologie AG
- GB - Purves, William - Group Chairman, HSBC Holdings plc.
- CH - Pury, David de - Chairman, de Pury Pictet Turrettini and Co. Ltd.
- A - Randa, Gerhard - Chairman of the Managing Board, Bank of Austria
- USA - Rhodes, William R. - Vice Chairman, CitiBank, N.A.
- GB - Robertson, George - Secretary of State for Defence
- USA - Rockefeller, David - Chairman, Chase Manhattan Bank International Advisory Committee
- E - Rodriguez Inciarte, Matias - Vice-Chairman, Banco de Santander
- GB - Roll, Eric - Senior Advisor, SBC Warburg Dillon Read
- GB - Rothschild, Evelyn de - Chairman, N M Rothschild and Sons
- D - Schremp, Jurgen E. - Chairman of the Board of Mangagement, Daimler Benz A.G.
- DK - Seidenfaden, Toger - Editor in Chief, Politiken A/S
- INT - Solana Madariaga, Javier - Seceretary General, NATO
- P - Sousa, Marcelo Rebelo de - Leader of the PSD Party
- N - Storvik, Kjell - Governor, Bank of Norway
- PL - Suchoka, Hanna - Minister of Justice
- USA - Summers, Lawrence H. - Deputy Secretary for International Affairs, US Department of the Treasury
- IRL - Sutherland, Peter D. - Chairman, Goldman Sachs International; Chairman, British Petroleum Company plc.
- GB - Taylor, J. Martin - Group Chief Executive, Barclays plc.
- USA - Thoman, G. Richard - President and CEO, Xerox Corporation
- N - Udgaard, Nils M. - Foreign Editor, Aftenposten
- CH - Vasella, Daniel - CEO Novartis
- USA - Vink, Lodewijk J.R. de - President and CEO, Warner Lambert Company
- FIN - Virkkunen, Janne - Senior Editor in Chief, Helsingin Sanomat
- B - Vits, Mia de - General Secretary, ABVV-FGTB
- A - Vranitzky, Franz - Former Federal Chancellor
- INT - Vries, Gijs M. de - Leader of the Liberal Group, European Parliament
- S - Wallengerg, Jacob - Chairman of the Board, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken
- USA - Whitman, Christine Todd - Governor of New Jersey
- D - Wissmann, Matthias - Federal Minister for Transport
- INT - Wolfensohn, James D. - President, the World Bank
- D - Wolff von Amerongen, Otto - Chairman and CEO of Otto Wolff GmbH
- USA - Wolfowitz, Paul - Dean, Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy
- USA - Yost, Casimir A. - Director, Institute for the Study of Diplomacy, School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, Washington
- GB - Micklethwait, John - Business Editor, The Economist
- GB - Wooldridge, Adrian - Foriegn Correspondent, The Economist.
Facts about "Bilderberg/1998"
|Display date||14 May 1998 - 17 May 1998 +|
|Display docType||WikiSpooks Page +|
|Display image||File:Bilderberg_1998.jpg +|
|End||17 May 1998 +|
|Has fullPageName||Bilderberg/1998 +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Bilderberg/1998 +|
|Has image2||File:Bilderberg_1998.jpg +|
|Has location||Turnberry + and Scotland +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass||Event +|
|Has objectClass2||Event +|
|Has parentFullPageName||Bilderberg +|
|Has perpetrator||Bilderberg/Steering committee +|
|Has revisionSize||9,761 +|
|Has revisionUser||Robin +|
|Is not stub||true +|
|Start||14 May 1998 +|