- Wikispooks undertakes not to use any personal private data which it may hold other than for the purposes of operating the Wikispooks site. Any such data will not be released to third parties other than by order of a court with jurisdiction. Similarly documents and articles posted on the Wikispooks site will only be taken down by order of a court with jurisdiction.
- Any such court order will be posted on the Wikispooks site unless gagged in which case it will hopefully be posted elsewhere. Threats - legal or otherwise - will generally be ignored unless they are funny or otherwise of general interest, in which case they will be posted.
- IP addresses are not retained.
- The dates and times of all document creation, editing and uploading are recorded. Browsing, however, is not recorded except for server logs (see below)
- The webserver logs accesses used to compile statistics, but these logs are deleted regularly - currently on a weekly basis.
Notes of Caution
- Your internet use is being monitored and/or logged, quite likely by ISPs, network system operators, the NSA and/or others.
- Retention of logs (especially metadata) is endemic. Hard drives are cheap and The Powers That Be have deep pockets and deep packet sniffers.
- Those who promise the most protection are out to skin you alive, those who promise the most privacy are selling your most private possessions.
- You may wish to look at some anonymising software such as TOR - This is probably the most widely used anonymizing software, and if Edward Snowden's leaked documents are to be believed, makes things difficult for even the NSA (although it is not a magic bullet, and some people have suggested that it may even be an NSA honeypot).
|Display docType||Wikispooks Page +|
|Display image||File:ws_privacy.png +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Wikispooks:Privacy_Policy +|
|Has image2||File:ws_privacy.png +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass2||WikispooksPage +|
|Has revisionSize||2,496 +|
|Has revisionUser||Robin +|
|Is not stub||true +|