| Boris Johnson |
(politician, deep state operative)
|Born||Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson|
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Citizenship||United Kingdom, United States (1964-2016)|
|Alma mater||Balliol College (Oxford)|
|Spouse|| • Allegra Mostyn-Owen (m. 1987; div. 1993)|
• Marina Wheeler (m. 1993; sep. 2018)
• Carrie Symonds
|Member of||Bullingdon Club|
"Agree to election on 12th December & you can have a few more days to scrutinise my Brexit deal," @BorisJohnson says. (Translation = "I said I’d leave the EU 'do or die' & 'no ifs or buts' on October 31st but I can’t. So, let’s have a row about an election rather than a pledge I can’t deliver.")
In the UK/2019 General Election the Conservatives won 365 seats, giving Boris Johnson's government an overall majority of 80 seats. The PM was re-elected as the MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip, after defeating Labour's Ali Milani by 7,210 votes (2,176 more votes than the majority at the UK/2017 General Election).
Jews Against Boris
On 17 November 2019, thirty activists from campaign group Jews Against Boris went door-knocking for Labour PPC Ali Milani in Johnson’s west London seat of Uxbridge and South Ruislip. In the UK/2017 General Election, Johnson saw his Conservative majority halved.
A dual national born in New York City on 19 June 1964, Boris Johnson renounced his US citizenship in 2016. Boris Johnson is an establishment politician and member of the Bullingdon Club who has been termed "a known liar and bounder".
In March 2018 Craig Murray branded him "A Categorical Liar" after his performance in relation to the Skripal affair. In June 2019, Simon Wren-Lewis described Johnson as "a threat to democracy itself". Julian Kossoff for WhoWhatWhy summarised Boris Johnson as a "charlatan, a liar, and a cheat, bent on a narcissistic leadership that will embarrass the country... a chip off the Trump block."
Murray observed in July 2019 that "between just 28 May and 10 June Boris Johnson received £235,500 in 'private' donations, to himself personally, as he prepares to become the UK’s unelected Prime Minister."
- While the Brexit campaign can be seen as an orgy of opportunism for Boris Johnson, he seems the most likely to succeed in the race for the ‘top prize’. This is how the media have been framing the political debate for months.
- Good luck to him, he will inherit a disunited kingdom, with immigration centre-stage, an ongoing austerity agenda, a pile of debt presided over by George Osborne, and a shambles of international relations not seen since Suez. His party is bitter and divided and he faces a constitutional crisis on two fronts.
- Yesterday Cathal Foley wrote that Brexit could lead to a United Ireland, an Independent Scotland, and a Little England. This morning that looks more likely than ever.
Boris Johnson was the leading contender to succeed David Cameron as Prime Minister by the time of the Conservative party conference in October 2016. Instead, Theresa May became PM on 13 July 2016 and appointed Boris Johnson to be Foreign Secretary in her new government.
Following May's resignation as Leader of the Conservative Party on 7 June 2019, Boris Johnson and his replacement as Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt were competing to succeed her as Leader and UK/Prime Minister.
On 27 April 2017, Boris Johnson told BBC Radio 4's Today Programme that Britain's RAF would be prepared to launch military strikes against Syria in breach of international law and without parliamentary approval, if asked to do so by Donald Trump:
- “If the Americans were once again forced by the actions of the Assad regime ... and they asked us to help, it would be very difficult to say ‘no,” Boris said.
On 26 June 2017, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said:
- "The United States has identified potential preparations for another chemical weapons attack by the Assad regime that would likely result in the mass murder of civilians, including innocent children. The activities are similar to preparations the regime made before its April 4, 2017 chemical weapons attack.
- "As we have previously stated, the United States is in Syria to eliminate the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. If, however, Mr Assad conducts another mass murder attack using chemical weapons, he and his military will pay a heavy price."
US Ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley, followed up by tweeting:
- "Any further attacks done to the people of Syria will be blamed on Assad, but also on Russia & Iran who support him killing his own people."
- “We heard about this statement. We don’t know what it’s based on. And, of course, we strongly disagree with the wording ‘another attack,’ because, as you know, despite all the demands of the Russian side, there was no independent international investigation of the previous tragedy with the use of chemical weapons. We do not believe it is possible to rest the responsibility on the Syrian armed forces.
- “Without carrying out an investigation it is impossible, illegitimate and absolutely wrong, in regards to achieving the final goals on Syrian reconciliation, to put the blame on Assad. Of course, we consider unacceptable any such threats to the legitimate government of the Syrian Arab Republic,” Peskov stated.
Appointments by Boris Johnson
|Dominic Cummings||Special Adviser||24 July 2019|
|David Frost||UK/National Security Adviser||September 2020|
|David Frost||Special Adviser to Foreign Secretary||November 2016||July 2018|
|David Frost||Prime Minister's Europe Adviser||24 July 2019|
|Document:A targeted and evidence-based approach to the COVID-19 policy response (an open letter)||article||21 September 2020||Karol Sikora|
|An open letter to UK PM Boris Johnson from prominent scientists to hinder a new lockdown and change other failed policies|
|Document:An Unpopular Article||blog post||1 October 2019||Craig Murray||Throwing the kitchen sink of accusations against Boris Johnson obscures with chaff the allegations of real wrongdoing, like directing public funds and assistance to the company of a woman with whom he was in a sexual relationship. That should be investigated.|
|Document:Anatomy of a Scandal: Israel Crucifies Corbyn||Article||14 August 2014||Michael W. Howard||"Tom Watson has it backward: the 'eternal shame and embarrassment' come when Labour, swallowing whatever pride it has left, meekly submits to being harassed and blackmailed by a foreign power and its vulgar propagandists. Jeremy Corbyn, it seems, is gearing up to do just that. Chalk one up for Goebbels."|
|Document:Boris Johnson in Downing Street for five years: what could possibly go wrong?||Article||30 December 2019||John S Warren||All the cards are held by Boris Johnson because he has the answer to all the problems facing Britain. Save, perhaps, one: what could possibly go wrong for the Conservative-Brexit Government?|
|Document:Boris Johnson is a threat to democracy itself||Article||18 June 2019||Simon Wren-Lewis||We can only hope that while most Conservative members want to live in a world where there is no spoon, enough voters prefer changing the real world in ways that enhance, rather than diminish, our democracy.|
|Document:Boris Johnson's first two priorities for post-Brexit Britain||Article||1 February 2020||Richard Murphy||Boris Johnson has admitted what Brexit was for. He wants to control and constrain people. The market in labour will be constrained. And let’s not for a moment pretend that a Freeport supports markets: freeports are instead about permitting the free movement of capital beyond the control of the state and without the imposition of any taxes.|
|Document:Brexit reveals Corbyn to be the true moderate||blog post||12 September 2019||Jonathan Cook||It is time to stop acting like zealots for neoliberalism, squabbling over which brand of turbo-charged capitalism we prefer, and face up to our collective responsibility to change our and our children’s future.|
|Document:Council of Europe sides with Julian Assange||Article||Sara Chessa||The attitude of European institutions is changing after years of silence which seemed to authorise or support the US and the United Kingdom’s behaviour in relation to an individual who is apparently deprived of the right to prepare his defence and deprived as well of his right to dignified psychophysical conditions. Now, the Council of Europe has decided to speak up on behalf of Julian Assange.|
|Document:Diplomatic Protection, the case of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe||Article||14 November 2017||Oliver Miles||Perhaps the best thing we could do for Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe would be to take a lead in offering assistance following the earthquake in Iran on Sunday|
|Document:Interfering with Laura Kuenssberg||blog post||25 November 2019||Craig Murray||It's no coincidence that it is precisely the old and the poorly educated that are the targets of Dominic Cummings’ "Brexit election” strategy. If it comes off, Laura Kuenssberg and her fellow hacks will have proven that the power of the mainstream media is as yet unbroken.|
|Document:It’s Not Socialism. It’s Another Mega Wealth Transfer.||blog post||23 March 2020||Craig Murray||Amid the COVID-19 panic, it has hardly been noticed that Carphone Warehouse went bust, with 2,900 people losing their jobs. Its co-founder, David Ross, is of course the billionaire that Boris Johnson claimed paid for his luxury holiday to Mustique, whereas Ross claimed he only organised it.|
|Document:Killing Diplomacy||Article||15 March 2018||Paul Craig Roberts|
|Sane people will choose politics over war, and sane – that is, competently governed – nations will choose diplomacy over belligerence and confrontation. If we look around in search of such incompetently governed nations, two examples readily present themselves: the United States and the United Kingdom.|
|Document:Let’s Move On From Boris||blog post||28 May 2020||Craig Murray||"Boris Johnson on the Dominic Cummings debacle: 'It is now time to move on… the country wants to move on.' If a politician tells you to 'move on' from a subject, it is a gigantic red flag that you should do precisely the opposite."|
|Document:Project Brexit||Comment||24 June 2017||David||Project Brexit: "Doomed to Failure"|
|Document:So what actually happened in the Strait of Hormuz on 10th July?||social media post||12 July 2019||Oliver Tickell||The aggressive posturing of US and UK and the moves to militarise the Strait of Hormuz, taken together with US calls for regime change and other threats to the sovereignty of Iran, constitute a breach of UNCLOS Articles 19 and 39 and are thus unlawful.|
|Document:Suffer the little children||Article||12 November 2012||Susie Boniface||Nine years ago the BBC was at the centre of another frenzy when it similarly accused the government of misleading the public. Only then it wasn't child abuse, it was starting a war after publicly stating our enemy could launch chemical weapons within 45 minutes of the order being given.|
|Document:The Brutal Legacy of Bloody Sunday is a Powerful Warning to Those Hoping to Save Brexit||Article||19 March 2019||Patrick Cockburn||What we are seeing is the two most divisive issues in modern British history coming together in a toxic blend: these are Brexit and the Irish question.|
|Document:The Centre Blows Itself Up: Care and Spite in the ‘Brexit Election’||Article||13 January 2020||David Graeber||At the 'Brexit Election' of 2019, the anti-Semitism accusations weakened Labour immensely. But it was the – ultimately successful – campaign by the 'Centrists' to force Jeremy Corbyn to reverse his position on Brexit that really ensured their party’s electoral disaster.|
|Document:The Demonization of Jeremy Corbyn||Article||10 December 2019||Tony McKenna||Notwithstanding, Corbyn was transfigured by a rabid establishment into successive manifestations of the purest evil: he was a terrorist sympathiser; a threat to national security; a communist spy; a misogynist; and, a dyed-in-the-wool anti-Semite.|
|Document:The Dreamings of Dominic Cummings||Article||24 October 2019||James Meek||For Dominic Cummings the whole Brexit crisis may be a venturesome trial with disposable vessels: voters, the Conservative Party, the United Kingdom. If it doesn’t work out, there’s always California, and the rest of the solar system.|
|Document:The UK's Macabre Final Election||blog post||11 November 2019||Craig Murray||This election is sordid, tawdry, corrupt and uninspiring; a fitting end for the UK and its long history of callous exploitation.|
|Document:The plot to keep Corbyn out of power||blog post||3 July 2019||Jonathan Cook||The weaponisation of anti-semitism against Corbyn has become so normal that, even while I was writing this post, a new nadir was reached. Jeremy Hunt, the foreign secretary who hopes to defeat Boris Johnson in the upcoming Tory leadership race, as good as accused Corbyn of being a new Hitler, a man who as prime minister might allow Jews to be exterminated, just as occurred in the Nazi death camps.|
|Document:The schools scandal||Article||19 August 2020||Lewis Goodall||How a government led by technocrats nearly destroyed a generation of social mobility|
|Document:Theresa May pushing for UK intervention in Syria following Manchester attack||Article||25 May 2017||Whitney Webb||Jeremy Corbyn Says What We All Knew: The War On Terror Isn’t Working|
|Document:Track and Trace. Stay Elite.||Article||29 May 2020||David Black||Poor Dido was pressed into service early by Boris and the lads when she launched her Track and Trace initiative some days ahead of its scheduled June 1st slot in a ludicrously transparent attempt to draw fire from Corporal Cummings, whose lockdown breaching escapades were causing havoc in Tory ranks.|
|Document:Trump targets Corbyn in UK election intervention||Article||2 November 2019||Laura Tiernan||Donald Trump’s interview shows that Mike Pompeo’s threatened “push back” is far advanced. If Trump is willing to make such anti-democratic public pronouncements against the leader of Her Majesty’s opposition, what are they discussing—and preparing—behind the scenes?|
- "Prime Minister Boris Johnson: Who's in his cabinet?"
- "Agree to election on 12th Dec & you can have a few more days to scrutinise my Brexit deal"
- "2019 General Election results"
- "Uxbridge and South Ruislip: Conservative hold"
- "Young left-wing Jews canvass for Labour candidate seeking to oust Boris Johnson"
- "Boris Johnson among record number to renounce American citizenship in 2016"
- "Boris Johnson: The Dangerous Clown"
- "London Terror to Complete Brexit Coup d’Etat"
- "Boris Johnson A Categorical Liar"
- Document:Boris Johnson is a threat to democracy itself
- "Is Britain’s New Prime Minister Trump’s Mini-Me?"
- "Bought Politicians"
- "Who will speak for Europe?"
- "Lame Duck Soup"
- "Brexit: David Cameron to quit after UK votes to leave EU"
- "Boris Johnson named Foreign Secretary in Theresa May's new Cabinet"
- "I'm deeply honoured to have secured more than 50 per cent of the vote in the final ballot"
- "Boris Johnson sure sounds ready to bomb Syria - All Donald Trump has to do is ask"
- "White House: 'Another chemical weapons attack' potentially planned by Syria's Assad"
- "US threats to Syria’s legitimate government unacceptable – Kremlin"