| Sadiq Khan |
Sadiq Aman Khan|
8 October 1970
|Alma mater||University of North London|
In announcing on 10 May 2016 he was standing down as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Tooting in South London, Sadiq Khan tweeted:
- "I've stepped down as Tooting MP to be a full-time Mayor of our city. It's been an honour to serve my home patch & I've loved every minute."
Three months after the mayoral election, Sadiq Khan provoked a Twitter storm by criticising Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and calling on Labour members to vote for leadership contender Owen Smith. One of the 15,000+ tweets said Khan had only won the nomination because of Corbyn’s support, otherwise Tessa Jowell would have been Labour’s candidate (and Zac Goldsmith would probably be Mayor now).
Victory for hope over fear
On his Facebook page, Sadiq Khan wrote:
- Thank you!
- Today was an amazing victory for hope over fear and for unity over division – and it simply would not have been possible without your help.
- This victory is not about me. It's about the millions of Londoners whose lives we can improve by building more affordable homes, freezing fares, restoring community policing and cleaning up our toxic air.
- Thanks to the time, money and support you gave, we were able to overcome a desperate and nasty Tory campaign. We've sent a strong message that the politics of fear are not welcome in London.
- Now the hard work starts. Let's make London even better for all Londoners.
- Thanks again, Sadiq
London bombings slur
- “On Thursday, are we really going to hand the world’s greatest city to a Labour Party that thinks terrorists are its friends?”
To which, Sadiq Khan tweeted in response:
- @ZacGoldsmith's campaign is getting more desperate and divisive by the day.
On 6 May 2016, Jemima Goldsmith tweeted that her brother was an "eco-friendly, independent-minded politician with integrity" and his campaign, which has been widely criticised for using "dog-whistle racism", did not reflect this. In another tweet, she congratulated Sadiq Khan as the "1st Muslim Mayor of London - a city for all cultures, backgrounds & religions. A great example to young Muslims."
Top priority for new London Mayor
Before the announcement of Khan's election as Mayor, this post appeared on the Facebook page "2016 London mayoral election should focus on Heathrow Airport":
- The Mayor of London is required to set policing and crime priorities for the Metropolitan Police Service.
- The new Mayor's top priority must be to get Scotland Yard finally to investigate the murder of 270 people in the 1988 Lockerbie bombing, in particular the targeting of the highest profile victim: Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations, Bernt Carlsson.
Following his swearing-in on 7 May 2016, this was posted to Khan's Facebook page:
- On 21 December 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 - the Boeing 747 jumbo jet with a bomb and 259 passengers and crew aboard - took off from Heathrow Airport at 18:25hrs. It exploded over Lockerbie in Scotland at 17:03hrs killing 270 people, including eleven in the town.
- The targeting of Lockerbie's highest profile victim Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations, Bernt Carlsson, has never been investigated.
- The new Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, must get the Metropolitan Police Service to undertake a Bernt Carlsson murder inquiry as a top priority.
Sophie Linden on board
On 30 May 2016, it was reported that the Mayor and Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime, Sophie Linden, were agreed on the need for Scotland Yard to investigate the targeting of Bernt Carlsson on Pan Am Flight 103.
On 8 June 2016, however, Sophie Linden's "Strategic Advisor" indicated that it was for Police Scotland rather than the Metropolitan Police to investigate both the loading of the Lockerbie bomb at Heathrow airport and the break-in to the airside baggage handling area in the early hours of 21 December 1988.
Khan's first public engagement following his election as London Mayor was to attend a Jewish Yom HaShoah (Holocaust commemoration) event in Barnet North London where he promised to be "a Mayor for all London's citizens"' and pledged "zero tolerance towards antisemitism."
- “The reason why London is the greatest city in the world – and it is, we have never taken an isolationist approach, we are open-minded, we are outward-looking, we embrace other cultures and learn from other cultures and ideas as well.”
|Document:Jewish Money And The Labour Party||article||11 April 2016||Gilad Atzmon||The Labour party is evidently dependent on the shekel pipeline. The numbers reveal why Labour has been hijacked by Jewish interests. Whether or not we like it, our leading opposition party is a hostage begging for the mercy of few wealthy Jews.|
|Document:The American Jewish scholar behind Labour's "antisemitism" scandal breaks his silence||Interview||3 May 2016||Jamie Stern-Weiner|
|Norman G. Finkelstein is clear: "It’s time to put a stop to this periodic charade, because it ends up besmirching the victims of the Nazi holocaust, diverting from the real suffering of the Palestinian people, and poisoning relations between the Jewish and Muslim communities. You just had an antisemitism hysteria last year, and it was a farce. And now again? Another inquiry? Another investigation? No."|
- "Elections: Labour's Sadiq Khan elected London mayor"
- "I've stepped down as Tooting MP to be a full-time Mayor of our city"
- "Rosena Allin-Khan selected as Labour candidate for Tooting by-election"
- "Labour's Rosena Allin-Khan wins Tooting by-election"
- "Sadiq Khan shoots himself in foot while trying to backstab Corbyn"
- "Victory for hope over fear and for unity over division"
- "Zac Goldsmith criticised by former Tory minister Baroness Warsi over Sadiq Khan 7/7 London terror bus image"
- "Zac Goldsmith's campaign is getting more desperate and divisive by the day"
- "Zac Goldsmith's sister Jemima publicly criticises his London mayoral campaign"
- "Congratulations to Sadiq Khan"
- "2016 London mayoral election should focus on Heathrow Airport"
- "Top priority for new London Mayor"
- "Mayor #SadiqKhan and #DMPC #SophieLinden agree #TheMet must investigate #PanAm103"
- "Passing the buck to Police Scotland"
- Sadiq Khan pledges 'zero tolerance to antisemitism' as he attends Yom HaShoah event
- "David Cameron calls Sadiq Khan a ‘proud Muslim’ just weeks after linking him to Islamic extremism"