|Born||21 February 1965|
|Alma mater||St John's College (Oxford)|
David George Hamilton Frost (born 21 February 1965) is a Special Adviser serving as the Prime Minister's Europe Adviser and Chief Negotiator of Task Force Europe, at the Cabinet Office. David Frost previously served as Special Adviser to Boris Johnson when he was Foreign Secretary.
HM Diplomatic Service
David Frost spent most of his earlier professional career as a British diplomat, including as HM Ambassador to Denmark, EU Director at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), and on secondment from 2010 to 2013 as Director for Europe and International Trade at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (DBIS).
Following the appointment of Boris Johnson as Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Frost was taken on as HM Foreign Secretary's Special Adviser in November 2016, serving until Johnson left post in July 2018.
In early 2019, Frost became CEO of the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He has also served as a public commentator on the European Union, global economic and commercial issues, and multilateral diplomacy, as a member of the Advisory Council of the EU think tank Open Europe, and as an advisor on Brexit to the devolved Scottish Government in Edinburgh.
National Security Adviser
On 28 June 2020, Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced he had nominated Frost for a life peerage and as National Security Adviser, succeeding Sir Mark Sedwill. The Financial Times reported that this was unpopular with military and security services, who felt Frost was underqualified.
- "Brexit: New Task Force Europe to lead EU trade negotiations as UK leaves bloc"
- "Boris Johnson puts faith in Brexit supporter David Frost"
- "Boris Johnson to unveil Taskforce Europe"
- "Brexit: Boris Johnson ‘to launch Taskforce Europe’ negotiating team in charge of future relationship talks with EU"
- "Boris Johnson 'to take charge of EU trade talks' with new 'Taskforce Europe'"
- "Brexit, Cabinet cull and Budget are top of Boris Johnson's New Year to-do list"
- "UK's top civil servant announces exit"
- "Frost, David George Hamilton"
- "Former diplomat to lead whisky body"
- "Distillers' Company"
- "Whisky boss quits for Boris Johnson role"
- "Boris Johnson’s new advisor could be Britain's hope for avoiding a 'Hard Brexit'"
- "David Frost CMG to become next Chief Executive at the London Chamber of Commerce"
- "Appointment of Prime Minister's National Security Adviser"
- "Mark Sedwill steps down as UK’s top civil servant"