|False flag Average Rating: 4 from 1 reviews|
• Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed|
• Sandra Barr
• Kevin Barrett
• Amy Baker Benjamin
• Bonnie Faulkner
• James H. Fetzer
• Allan Francovich
• Bernie Suarez
• Webster Tarpley
• The Corbett Report
• Washington's Blog
|False flags are attacks intended to blame a third party. Since a 1979 conference in Jerusalem, the most common pattern in the West has been coordinated bombs attacks which authorities and the commercially-controlled media quickly blame on suicidal Muslims. This pattern promotes the overarching "war on terror" narrative, promotes fear and is used to concoct casus bellis as needed.|
A False flag operation is a covert operation designed to deceive about the perpetrators. Individual events may have multiple congruent purposes (for example, as covert assassinations, or to discredit a particular group by framing them for the attack,), but campaigns (such as the "war on terror" or the Italian strategy of tension) often have broader purposes, such as effecting social change by using fear as a stressor of a population.
Increased mass communications (especially the mass surveillance capabilities of intelligence agencies such as the NSA) mean that large false flag attacks are only feasible for secretive, influential and highly disciplined organisations, and rarely take place without the cooperation or at least the acquiescence of intelligence agencies. False flag attacks are a risky but increasingly regular tool used by deep state groups adept at coopting the machinery of national governments.
- 1 Public Awareness
- 2 Psychology
- 3 Strategy
- 4 Selected Recent Examples
- 5 Admitted False Flag Attacks
- 6 Examples
- 7 Related Documents
- 8 Related Quotation
- 9 See Also
- 10 References
|How to Create a False Flag in 10 Easy Steps|
The psychology of the the targets of terror (the general public) has been extensively studied by "terrorologists", who have gradually refined the process of how to most successfully tell the "big lie". Terror drills have been used to condition people, for example stoking Islamophobia.
False flags are usually designed with many contingency (fallback) strategies to thrawt subsequent investigation by allowing the perpetrators to choose from a maze of official narratives and opposition narratives according to how events pan out. Additional countermeasures such as assassination or blackmail of whistleblowers, witnesses or journalists are sometimes used to try to preserve secrecy, but these counter-strategies have risks of their own. Exploitation of the target population's psychological weaknesses (such as people's fear, naivety, just world bias, cognitive dissonance and conditioning) is an essential part of the effort to minimize the proportion of people who uncover the deception.
September 11th, 2001
- Full article: 9-11
- Full article: 9-11
Although widely effective at the time, 9/11 changed the dynamics of false flags because after nearly 15 years of mostly online activism by the 9/11 Truth movement have lead to its being widely doubted. A 2015 survey, for example, found that 33% of Canadians were in favor of a Parliamentary review of the 9/11 Commission Report, with 26% neither for nor against, and only 19% opposed. This has lead to a new emphasis on internet censorship and the removal of freedom of speech (notably in France in 2015) as ways to try to prevent the unmasking of false flags attacks.
Webster Tarpley has published extensively on the strategy of false flags. While they are inevitably contain an element of risk - especially for the lower level operatives who are usually lied to about their involvement, and are often murdered as part of the cover-up - certain common strategies are employed to maximise the "plausible deniability" by which higher-ups life to fight - and kill - another day.
Anti-terror drills provide cover for activities as suspect as placing live explosives in a school bus. Many high profile terror attacks are near simultaneous with such drills (for example, 9-11 and 7-7). Rogue employees can easily make the decision to make these drills "go live" if they deem conditions favourable, for example by remote detonation of bombs unbeknownst to other participants.
Selected Recent Examples
The most active perpetrators of false flag attacks are believed to be the intelligence agencies of US, UK and Israel. Operation Gladio is a good place to start in study of recent examples, since it is relatively well documented and believed to underpin a range of more modern developments (such as Operation Gladio/B).
1945? - ? Operation Gladio
- Full article: Operation Gladio
- Full article: Operation Gladio
This was a large operation in many European countries which is still only partially understood. It was most clearly revealed in Italy, after bomb attacks which killed hundreds of civilians were eventually admitted to have been carried out by a team established by NATO and the CIA. This operation quite probably gave rise to the Turkish deep state. The program has continued and expanded internationality and codenamed Gladio B.
1954 Lavon Affair
- Full article: Lavon Affair
- Full article: Lavon Affair
In 1954, Israel used Egyptian Jews as a fifth-column to attack US and UK-owned targets in Cairo and Alexandria. In 1954, one such saboteurs was caught planting a bomb. Israel blamed antisemitism in Egypt for the accusations and anyone who dared repeat them, silencing almost all western comment. However, it finally ended five decades of denial in 2005, presenting official citations to surviving agents, saying: "This is historic justice for those who were sent on a mission on behalf of the state and became the victims of a complex political affair."
The motive is still not entirely clear, though Israel wished to induce the British government to retain its occupying troops in Egypt's Suez Canal zone. Israel also urgently needed manpower to work and defend the land it had seized in 1948, so inducing antisemitism, pogroms and expulsions of Jews was to their advantage. The Wikipedia article on the Lavon Affair is detailed and largely complete, but it claims that the affair was "disastrous for Israel in several ways" - while omitting the serious effects on Egypt and Egyptian Jews.
1967 USS Liberty Incident
- Full article: USS Liberty Incident
- Full article: USS Liberty Incident
The Israeli attack on the USS Liberty illustrates when can happen when false flag attacks fail. Had the USS Liberty been actually sunk according to plan, Israel might have succeeded in plausibly denying culpability. As it was, the survivors report the planes as Dassault Mirage IIIs and Super-Mystere jets, which could only have been Israeli. The torpedo boats were correctly marked as being Israeli. The survivors all state that the USS liberty was flying the US flag, rendering highly implausible the official Israeli narrative that "we made a mistake". Other evidence includes the lack of markings on the Israeli planes and the jamming of US distress frequencies to try to stop the ship radioing for help. A high level cover up and a subservient US corporate media prevented major repurcussions at the time.
September 11th & Amerithrax
On September 11, 2001, an attack occurred in the eastern US which killed thousands of people. The US government asserted that it was perpetrated by 19 Hijackers under direction of Al Qaeda. Numerous anomolies, such as the collapse of WTC7, a third tower in the World Trade Center which was not hit by an aeroplane, suggest that this event was a false flag. Many eye-witnesses report that explosives were involved in all three tower collapses. FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds has revealed a U.S. intelligence alliance between al Qaeda starting in 1997 and ongoing to present time. An attack was launched against the Pentagon, which was subject to a military stand down. The official narrative fails to explain the innumerable deviations from standard operating procedure before, during and after the attacks. Wikipedia editors rapidly censor any evidence which contradicts the official narrative.
Admitted False Flag Attacks
Nation states rarely admit to carrying out False Flag attacks, even when clear evidence exists that is unaccounted for by any other version of events. Some recent attacks which have been admitted, from wikipedia's list of false flag attacks:
- 1978 Celle Hole one bombing carried out by a West German secret service to further implicate the Red Army Faction, an active terrorist group. Revealed to be a not very serious (nobody hurt, no prison escape) case by the German government in 1986.
- 1970s In Italy right-wing elements are accused of carrying out various terrorist acts as part of a broader Strategy of tension. There do not appear to be any of the elements of a false-flag element, though the 1972 killing of three Italian police Peteano bombing blame was initially blamed on their ideological opponents, the Lotta Continua ("continuous struggle", far left extra-parliamentary organization). Officers of the carabinieri were later indicted and convicted for manipulating the investigation in false directions. An Ordine Nuovo ("New Order" far right Italian cultural and extra-parliamentary political and terrorist organization founded in 1956) member has been named as the bomber.
- 1970s the CIA Project Cherry is described in Wikipedia as a "USA non-stop assassination project to kill Norodom Sihanouk, Prince, and later King of Cambodia" but with no details.
- 1962 Operation Northwoods was a series of proposals for false-flag attacks, blaming Cuba for attacks carried out on US people/assets rejected by the Kennedy administration. In the same year Operation Mongoose was 12 proposals devised by the Department of Defense and against the same target. James Bamford wrote in his well-cited 2002 book "Body of secrets" that Northwoods "had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff".
- 1953 Operation Ajax and Operation Boot were covert operations to overthrow the Prime Minister of Iran and replace him with the Shah.
- 1944 Panzer Brigade 150 wore American uniforms as they attempted to seize bridges ahead of the Ardennes Offensive, a German counter-attack. Their success was slight though the tactic caused the Americans great alarm. A Wikipedia article on the "Kommandoverband Jaguar German army unit" was deleted when it was discovered to have been largely taken from (and hence a copyright violation of) an article on a Russian web-site here, claiming that Germans in Russian uniforms spent 6 hours in Soviet occupied territory. It is unclear whether this is a true false-flag attack/operation (as intended at both Wikipedia and Wikispooks). It is known that SOE agents sometimes wore German uniforms behind enemy lines and, in 1944, German soldiers were sometimes wearing the better-quality American uniforms. Debatable false-flag, treated here as covert.
- 1939 The Gleiwitz incident in which Germans dressed as Polish briefly seize a German radio station. They briefly broadcast in Polish and left behind the body of a freshly murdered German Silesian known to have been sympathetic to Poles. Genuine false-flag. Pretext for the German invasion of Poland, official start of WWII.
- 1939 The Shelling of Finland by Joseph Stalin and USSR in order to get pretext for 'justified' war of aggression named Winter War.
- 1933 The Reichstag Fire was Hitler's pretext for suspending the Weimar Constitution and could have been false flag. Historians disagree as to whether Van der Lubbe acted alone or whether the arson was planned and ordered by the Nazis.
|Anatomy of a NATO-sponsored false flag operation||audio transcript||27 March 2014||Leaked audio of high-level discussion of a planned Turkish false flag operation. It is an example of classic military/intelligence deception tactics in furtherance of policy already decided upon - in this case the overthrow of the Syrian government of Bashar al Assad.|
|Another Chemical Weapon False Flag on the Eve of Peace Talks in Brussels||article||4 April 2017||Paul Antonopoulos||The Khan Sheikoun gas attack in Idlib province, like that in the Damascus suburb of Ghouta in 2013, can be a very useful means of propaganda|
|Bandar ibn Israel||article||28 August 2013||Sharmine Narwani||The collusion of Saudi Arabia's Bandar bin Sultan with Israel in acts of terrorist violence in the Middle East through 2013.|
|Charlie Hebdo déjà vú||article||14 January 2015||Adrian Salbuchi||An analysis of the Charlie Hebdo event of January 2015. It connects many dots linking it to a litany of similar outrages and exposing the essentially False flag nature of all of them.|
|False Flags for Israel||webpage||11 September 2012||Deanna Spingola||An overview of Israel's long history of False Flag attacks.|
|The Spectacle of The False Flag||book||1 March 2015||Eric Wilson|
|The Terror Attacks in France. The Broader Geopolitical Implications||interview||10 January 2015||Umberto Pascali||Interview with Umberto Pascali – For Voice of the People, TV Sonce, Skipje, Macedonia|
Use the Up/Dn symbols to sort
|Patrick Clawson||“One can combine other means of pressure with sanctions. I mentioned that explosion on August 17th. We could step up the pressure. I mean look people, Iranian submarines periodically go down, some day one of them might not come up, who would know why? We can do a variety of things if we wish to increase the pressure... We are in the game of using covert means against the Iranians. We could get nastier.”||Patrick Clawson||September 2012|
- Category:False Flag - The category of false flag attack pages
- Chris Bollyn. [Where?]
- "After half a century of reticence and recrimination, Israel ... honored ... agents-provocateur." YNetNews, 30th March 2005.
- The Attack on the USS Liberty and its Cover-up James Akins was U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia. The Center for Policy Analysis on Palestine, Annual Distinguished Lecture, September 1999. If Americans Knew.org.
|Description||False flags are attacks intended to blame … |
False flags are attacks intended to blame a third party. Since a 1979 conference in Jerusalem, the most common pattern in the West has been coordinated bombs attacks which authorities and the commercially-controlled media quickly blame on suicidal Muslims. This pattern promotes the overarching "war on terror" narrative, promotes fear and is used to concoct casus bellis as needed.sed to concoct casus bellis as needed. +
|Display docType||WikiSpooks Page +|
|Display image||File:false-flag-pic.jpg +|
|GlossaryDescription||False flag attacks are actions carried out … |
False flag attacks are actions carried out in ways calculated to deceive the victim as to the nature of the perpetrator. Historically, these often involved flying literal flags, e.g. from a ship, or wearing uniforms. The procedure has been used as a standard way to try to justify starting a war. Most recently, perhaps the most common false flag in Western nations have been bombs attacks blamed on Muslims designed to fuel fear and promote the "war on terror".fuel fear and promote the "war on terror". +
|Has averageRating||4 +|
|Has fullPageName||False flag +|
|Has fullPageNamee||False_flag +|
|Has image2||File:false-flag-pic.jpg +|
|Has keyProperties||Display date/ON has perpetrator/Has perpetrator/Description +|
|Has keyPropertyHeaders||Date/Attributed to/Perpetrator(s)/Description +|
|Has noRatings||1 +|
|Has objectClass||Concept +|
|Has objectClass2||Concept +|
|Has revisionSize||14,452 +|
|Has revisionUser||Robin +|
|Has wikipediaPage||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag +|
|Has wikipediaPage2||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag +|
|Is not stub||true +|