|( 1900s: ) 1906|
The bodies of Moro insurgents and civilians killed by US troops during the Bud Dajo Massacre in the Philippines, March 7, 1906.
Bud Dajo Massacre
On March 7, 1906, US troops under the command of Major General Leonard Wood massacred as many as 1,000 Filipino Muslims, known as Moros, who were taking refuge at Bud Dajo, a volcanic crater on the island of Jolo in the southern Philippines.
- January 12 – Persian Constitutional Revolution: A nationalistic coalition of merchants, religious leaders and intellectuals in Persia forces the shah Mozaffar ad-Din Shah Qajar to grant a constitution, and establish a national assembly, the Majlis.
- January 16–April 7 – The Algeciras Conference convenes, to resolve the First Moroccan Crisis between France and Germany.
- February 10 – Template:Ship is launched, sparking a naval race between Britain and Germany.
- March 4 – Native American tribal governments are terminated in Indian Territory, a prerequisite for creating the state of Oklahoma in 1907.
- April 23 – In the Russian Empire, the Fundamental Laws are announced at the first state Duma.
- June 30 – The Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 is signed into law by U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt (effective January 1, 1907).
- July 6 – The Second Geneva Convention meets.
- July 12 – Alfred Dreyfus is exonerated. He is reinstalled in the French Army on July 21, thus ending the Dreyfus affair.
- August 4 – The first Imperial German Navy submarine, U-1, is launched.
- August 23 – Unable to control a rebellion, Cuban President Tomás Estrada Palma 'requests' United States intervention. This leads to the Second Occupation of Cuba, which lasts until 1909.
- September 11 – Mahatma Gandhi coins the term Satyagraha, to characterize the nonviolence movement in South Africa.
- October 6 – The Majlis of Iran convenes for the first time.
- October 16 – Imposter Wilhelm Voigt impersonates a Prussian officer, and takes over the city hall in Köpenick for a short time.
- October 23 – An aeroplane of Alberto Santos-Dumont takes off at Bagatelle in France, and flies 60 meters (200 feet). This is the first officially recorded powered flight in Europe.
- October 28 – The Union Minière du Haut Katanga, a Belgian mining trust, is created in the Congo.
- November 22 – Russian Prime Minister Pyotr Stolypin introduces agrarian reforms, aimed at creating a large class of land-owning peasants.
- December 30 – The All-India Muslim League is founded as a political party in Dhaka in the British Raj; it becomes a driving force for the creation of an independent Pakistan.
|Dreyfus Affair||November 1894||1906|
|Food and Drug Administration||Regulator|
|Staffordshire University||Originally Mining School, had to branch out after closing of mining industry in the 1980s.|
|Georgia Southwestern College||Public||University in the US state of Georgia, originally a teacher training college|
|American Jewish Committee||Lobby|
|Gannett||The most powerful mass media newspaper company in the USA.|
|Pace University||A private university with its main campus in New York City and secondary campuses in Westchester County, New York.|
|Title||Born||Died||Place of death||Summary||Description|
|William Avery Rockefeller Sr.||13 November 1810||11 May 1906||Illinois|
|A bigamist and travelling salesman of elixirs. Patriarch of the Rockefeller family|
|Alfred Beit||15 February 1853||16 July 1906||Hertfordshire|
|Title||Born||Place of birth||Died||Summary||Description|
|Ivar Bryce||1906||1985||Spook||During World War II Bryce worked the British Security Coordination, where he created a very successful forged Nazi map of South America for propaganda purposes.|
|Alfred Dean Slack||1906||Spook|
|Charles Malik||1906||28 December 1987||Diplomat|
|UK single Bilderberger businessman Jardine Matheson/SOE|
|Takeshi Watanabe||1906||23 August 2010||Bureaucracy|
Deep state operative
|Father of the Asian Development Bank. First Asia Pacific Chairman of the Trilateral Commission|
|George Douglas-Hamilton||4 January 1906||24 November 1994||Soldier|
|Aristotle Onassis||20 January 1906||Turkey|
|15 March 1975||Shipping magnate|
|Howard Corcoran||25 January 1906||11 May 1989||Lawyer|
|Walter Gordon||27 January 1906||Ontario|
|21 March 1987||Author|
|Triple Bilderberger, President of the Canadian Privy Council|
|Hilda Murrell||3 February 1906||Shropshire|
|23 March 1984||Activist||An anti-nuclear activist unable to take part in the Sizewell Inquiry due to her sudden murder.|
|George Barry Bingham||10 February 1906||15 August 1988||Businessperson||Kentucky media owner who attended 3 Bilderbergs in the 1950s. Ran the Marshall Plan in France in 1949.|
|Bugsy Siegel||28 February 1906||New York|
|20 June 1947||Crime boss|
|Paul Rassinier||18 March 1906||France|
|28 July 1967||Activist|
|Abraham Beame||20 March 1906||London|
|10 February 2001||Politician|
|John Davison Rockefeller III||21 March 1906||New York||10 July 1978||Deep politician|
|Scion of the Rockefeller family with a lifelong passion for population control|
|Hugh Gaitskell||9 April 1906||London|
|18 January 1963||Politician||A UK Labour politician who reportedly died of a rare illness in hospital.|
|Thomas Gates||10 April 1906||Pennsylvania|
|25 March 1983||Financier|
Deep state functionary
|Investment Banker, US secretary of defense for slightly over 1 year, attended the 1968 Bilderberg|
|Roswell Gilpatric||11 April 1906||15 March 1996||Lawyer|
Deep state functionary
|Single Bilderberg classmate of Charles W. Yost, Paul Nitze and Chapman Rose. US Deputy Secretary of Defense|
|Frank Darvall||16 April 1906||21 May 1987||Author|
|UK labour leader who attended 3 Bilderbergs in the 1950s|
|Gustaf Adolf||22 April 1906||26 January 1947||Royalty|
Deep state operative
|Swedish royal who probably would have played an important role in post war Europe. Died in 1947 air crash.|
|Enrico Mattei||29 April 1906||27 October 1962||Deep state operative|
|Chairman of ENI, the Italian state oil company which had challenged the oligopoly of the Seven Sisters. He died in a suspicious plane crash in 1962.|
|Hans Günther Sohl||2 May 1906||Germany|
|13 November 1989||Businessperson||Head of Europe's biggest steel maker. Attended two Bilderbergs in the 1950s|
|Johan Nykopp||27 May 1906||France|
|28 April 1993||Diplomat||10 times Bilderberger|
|Valerio Borghese||6 June 1906||Italy|
|26 August 1974||Spook|
|John Inglis||8 June 1906||Frittenden||29 October 1972||Spook|
|Lee Pressman||1 July 1906||New York||20 November 1969||Spook|
|Fernand Dehousse||3 July 1906||Liège||10 August 1976||Politician||Belgian politician active in the construction of what later would become the European Union. Attended 2 Bilderbergs in the 1950s|
|Dillon Anderson||14 July 1906||Texas|
|28 January 1974||Spook|
|Edward Clark||15 July 1906||Texas|
|16 September 1992||Diplomat|
|Jacob von Julin||23 July 1906||Finland|
|1 June 1986||Finnish industrialist who went to the 1971 Bilderberg|
|Wilhelm Drexelius||31 July 1906||Germany|
|22 March 1974||Politician|
|Hamburg politician and Vice Mayor.|
|William Hayter||1 August 1906||28 March 1995||Diplomat|
|Louis Bloomfield||8 August 1906||Canada|
|19 July 1984||Spook|
Deep state operative
|Canadian Zionist and spook tied to the assassination of John F. Kennedy through the CIA front organization Permindex.|
|Gilberto Bernardini||28 August 1906||Italy|
|4 August 1995||Physicist||Italian physicist and academic. Director of CERN 1957-64.|
|Denis de Rougement||8 September 1906||Switzerland|
Canton of Neuchâtel
|6 December 1985||Academic||Attended the first 4 Bilderbergs. Promoted European federalism|
|José Figueres||25 September 1906||San Ramón|
|8 June 1990||Spook|
|President of Costa Rica on three occasions. During his first term in office he abolished the country's army. He had an uneasy relationship with the CIA, who twice tried but failed to assassinate him, despite him working closely with the agency on many issues.|
|Klaus Mehnert||10 October 1906||2 January 1984||Journalist|
|German scientist who attended the 1959 Bilderberg|
|Michael Stewart||6 November 1906||Kent|
|13 March 1990||Politician|
Deep state functionary
|UK deep state functionary who caught a Bilderberg wind at the 1964 Bilderberg|
|Arne Skaug||6 November 1906||4 March 1974||Diplomat|
|Norwegian diplomat who was made Ambassador to the UK the year after attending the 1961 Bilderberg|
|H. C. Hansen||8 November 1906||19 February 1960||Politician||Danish PM who was US informant and blatantly lied about nuclear weapons.|
|Curtis LeMay||15 November 1906||Ohio|
|1 October 1990||Spook|
|George Anderson||15 December 1906||New York|
|20 March 1992||Diplomat|
|Donald Hiss||15 December 1906||Baltimore||18 May 1989||Spook|
|William M. Martin||17 December 1906||United States|
|27 July 1998|
|Leonid Brezhnev||19 December 1906||Russian Empire|
|10 November 1982||Civil servant|
|Dick White||20 December 1906||Kent|
|21 February 1993||Spook|
|Gunnar Strang||23 December 1906||Sweden|
|7 March 1992||Politician||Swedish Finance Minister. Attended the 1973 Bilderberg|
|Clark Clifford||25 December 1906||United States|
|10 October 1998||Lawyer|