- 1 Articles and other information about the Wikileaks Afghan War Diaries
- 2 WikiSpooks Acknowledgement
- 3 Some high-profile WikiLeaks leaks
- 4 'Afghan War Diaries' site mirror
- 5 Related Documents
- 6 Documents sourced from Wikileaks
- 7 References
Articles and other information about the Wikileaks Afghan War Diaries
There is an extended series of articles by Arthur Silber on his "Once Upon a Time" blog  in ardent support of Wikileaks which repay careful study. They also contain copius links to further information.
- Wikileaks, Resistance, Genuine Heroes and Breaking the Goddam Rules 
- Wikileaks: The Real Stuff - Israel Shamir's blog
Wikileaks as a 'Limited Hangout' or 'is being used by Shhh you know who'
- LAME “LEAK” SITE NOTHING MORE THAN THIN COVER FOR “THE TEL AVIV TANGO” - Gordon Duff, Veterans Today 29 July 2010
- Hidden Intelligence Operation Behind the Wikileaks Release of "Secret" Documents? - William Engdahl "The Real Story of Wikileaks has not yet been told" - Global Research 11 August 2010.
- Wikileaks - The Real Stuff - A Response To Israel Shamir - by Joe Quinn. Scott.net 23 August 2010
Puffed up outrage clearly in service to the official narrative
On the face of it the organisations listed here are bona-fide Establishment critics/dissidents. The problem is that they are large NGO's which, like Wikileaks itself, wiil ALWAYS be targets of the SIS's. The longer they are established, the more likely and thorough the penetration. In the case of Reporters Without Borders there is ample evidence of their complicity in furthering covert Western agendas in third world countries - especially Cuba and Venezuela
- Press freedom group joins condemnation of WikiLeaks' war logs - Reporters Without Borders accuses WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange of 'incredible irresponsibility' over leaked documents. The Guardian 13 August 2010.
- Amnesty International, Human Rights Groups Ask Wikileaks To Censor Civilians' Names - Huffington Post 23 August 2010
- Wikileaks: Giving Leaks a Bad Name A blog post by Steven Aftergood of FAS - The Federations of American Scientists. In Mr Aftergood's world, there are Good leaks and there are Bad leaks. He is clearly staking his claim to be the official arbiter of which is which. The comments on this piece tell a story too.
Deep Background Information on Wikileaks
- This is a Google search of the Cryptome site. Cryptome has the most detailed and insightful inside track on Wikileaks of pretty well any other source. John Young, its operator, was the original registrant of the Wikileaks domain name. He resigned from further involvement with Wikileaks over its fund-raising ambitions and the full story of those early days is available from the links produced by this search.
WikiLeaks was a major source of content and inspiration when setting up the WikiSpooks site. It remains a recommended site when researching WikiSpooks articles.
Some high-profile WikiLeaks leaks
CIA project to bolster European support for the Afghan War
On 26 March 2010, Wikileaks posted a classified CIA analysis of possible PR-strategies to shore up public support in Germany and France for continued war in Afghanistan. After the Dutch government fell on the issue of dutch troops in Afghanistan in April 2010, the CIA became worried that similar events could happen in the countries that post the third and fourth largest troop contingents to the ISAF-mission. The proposed PR strategies focus on pressure points that have been identified within these countries. For France it is the sympathy of the public for Afghan refugees and women. For Germany it is the fear of the consequences of defeat (drugs, more refugees, terrorism) as well as for Germany’s standing in NATO. The memo is a recipe for the targeted manipulation of public opinion in two NATO ally countries, written by the CIA. It is classified as Confidential / No Foreign Nationals.
The document provides detailed insights into the covert world of intelligence sponsored propaganda 
The 'Collateral Murder' video
On 5th April 2010 10:44 EST WikiLeaks released a classified US military video depicting three airstrikes from a US Apache helicopter on July 12, 2007 in New Baghdad, Iraq. At least eighteen people were killed in the airstrikes, including two journalists working for Reuters, Saeed Chmagh and Namir Noor-Eldeen. 
The video was recorded by the gunsight camera on an Apache helicopter, identified as Crazyhorse 18, and is accompanied by the radio communications of the helicopter gunmen as they communicate with their commanders and troops on the ground.
This video was amongst 1/4 million classified US Diplomatic cables leaked by 22 year old Bradley Manning.
The 'Afghan War Diary' reports
25th July 2010 5:00 PM EST WikiLeaks has released a document set called the Afghan War Diary, an extraordinary compendium of over 91,000 reports covering the war in Afghanistan from 2004 to 2010. 
The reports, while written by soldiers and intelligence officers, and mainly describing lethal military actions involving the United States military, also include intelligence information, reports of meetings with political figures, and related details.
The reports cover most units from the US Army with the exception of most US Special Forces' activities. The reports do not generally cover top secret operations or European and other ISAF Forces operations.
- Detailed data-searching and reading guides together with a map pinpointing each reported incident is available on a separate page 
- Diary Dig is a separate, non-Wikileaks, site with comprehensive facilities to search and browse the entire database by any of the fields (categories) in the original data files :
DiaryDig.org is an independently produced website which provides an easy way to search through the Afghan War Diaries, which were made public by Wikileaks on 25th July 2010. The documents are a set of over 76,000 reports (with more coming in the future) which cover the war in Afghanistan from 2004 to 2009. 
You can browse through all of the documents that have been released, organized by type, category, date, number of casualties, and many other properties. From any document page, clicking on the green underlined text will open a popup that links to other documents that contain those phrases, making it possible to see important search terms and connections that you might not otherwise notice.
Our hope is that this tool will be helpful to reporters and researchers who are interested in learning more about the US's war in Afghanistan and making sense of this important database. If you wish to support this work, we encourage you to make a donation to wikileaks or the Bradley Manning legal defense fund. 
- Afghanistan and Pakistan Violent Event Analysis using ACLED and Wikileaks Data . This site contains pdf's of two thorough statistical analyses of the data contained in the 'Afghan War Diaries' leaked data.
'Afghan War Diaries' site mirror
From Cryptome :-
The Wikileaks Afghan War Diary files deserve very close study. The contaminating news reports, condemnations and 'blogwash' need to be surpassed. The WikiLeaks site is heavily loaded and slow. To ease the load and for a quicker download, Cryptome offers mirrors of the now digitally-hashed compressed file packages which were downloaded 27 July 2010, at about 4:40PM. 
|Ex-Intelligence Officers, Others See Plusses in WikiLeaks Disclosures||statement||2010-12-07||Daniel Ellsberg|
|A statement of support for Wikileaks. "The big question is not whether Americans can 'handle the truth.' We believe they can..."|
|How to identify CIA limited hangout operation||article||2013-06-18||Webster Tarpley||Citing the Pentagon Papers as an example, Tarpley suggests that both Wikileaks and the Snowden affair are limited hangout operations by the CIA.|
|Why Wikileaks must be protected||article||2010-08-19||John Pilger|
|WikiLeaks D Notice||D Notice||2010-11-26||Andrew Vallance|
|Wikileaks and Plausible Lies||article||2010-12-02||Joe Quin|
|Wikileaks and the Mighty Wurlitzer||article||7 August 2010||Zahir Ebrahim||An in-depth discussion of how dissident organisations are co-opted and or otherwise used, abused, controlled or discredited and destroyed by the secret information services.|
Documents sourced from Wikileaks
|Guantanamo SOP Confirms Psychological Torture||article||Guantanamo Bay detention camp|
|Standard operating procedures for military personnel running the Guatanamo Bay military prison confirm that the rules governing the treatment of its inmates amounts to systematic torture|
|Nyet means Nyet||diplomatic communication||Ukraine|
The Great Game
Ukraine coup 2014
|2008/02/01||William J Burns||February 2008 classified diplomatic cable from US ambassador to Russia William J Burns to the State Department about how Russia views NATO involvement in Ukraine|
|File:TPP-Investment-Chapter.pdf||draft chapter||Trans-Pacific Partnership||2015/03/26||Official bureacracy||The investment chapter draft of the proposed TPP Treaty|
|2014/06/19||Australia Supreme Court||Australian Supreme Court secret super-injunction preventing the publication of information about a corruption case involving 17 named individuals including senior Malaysian, Indonesian, Vietnamese politicians and Reserve Bank of Australia directors|
- The WikiLeaks 'About' page
- The Wikileaks main page
- Arthur Silber's "Once upon a Time" blog
- Wikileaks, Resistance, Genuine Heroes and Breaking the Goddam Rules
- Document:How to identify CIA limited hangout operation
- CIA analysis of how to bolster European support for continued war in Afghanistan
- 'Collateral Murder' video page
- WikiLeaks 'Afghan War Diary' announcement page
- Wikileaks 'Afghan War diary detailed guide
- The "Diary Dig" web site
- The Bradley Manning Support Network
- Afghanistan and Pakistan Violent Event Analysis - Abstracts and links to high definition pdf's
- The Cryptome Afghan war diaries mirror site
|Constitutes||Leak website +|
|Description||Internationally famous leaks site that has published millions of classified and other documents. +|
|Display date||4 October 2006 - Present +|
|Display docType||WikiSpooks Page +|
|Has URL||http://www.Wikileaks.org +|
|Has founder||Julian Assange +|
|Has fullPageName||Wikileaks +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Wikileaks +|
|Has interest||Whistleblowers +|
|Has logo||File:WL Hour Glass.png +|
|Has objectClass||Website +|
|Has objectClass2||Website +|
|Has operator||Sunshine Press +|
|Has revisionSize||11,585 +|
|Has revisionUser||Robin +|
|Has wikipediaPage2||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikileaks +|
|Has wikipediaProtection||1 +|
|Start||4 October 2006 +|