| Matt Kennard |
In June 2019, Craig Murray wrote:
- "Something else which revealed the truth of the way the political world now operates, and which again did not get nearly the media attention it deserves, was Matt Kennard’s stunning revelation of the way The Guardian has been taken over by the security services. I have been explaining for years that the Guardian has become the security services’ news outlet of choice, and it is very helpful to have documentation to prove it."
In 2006, while a student journalist, Matt Kennard accused then Leeds University lecturer Frank Ellis of racism and was interviewed on BBC Radio 4's Today Programme. During this period, Kennard wrote for the Leeds Student magazine.
Dershowitz v. Finkelstein
Matt Kennard also broke the story in the University of California, Los Angeles student paper, the Daily Bruin, of attempts by Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz to suppress the publication of Norman Finkelstein's "Beyond Chutzpah" by the University of California Press in 2005. Dershowitz made accusations against him.
Matt Kennard wrote:
- "The treatment of Julian Assange by The Guardian has been so disgusting it's beyond words. He took all the risk. Will probably never experience freedom again. And they just collected their awards and turned the newspaper into one big attack sheet. No campaign to free him. Nothing."
Matt Kennard is the author of "Irregular Army: How the US Military Recruited Neo-Nazis, Gang Members, and Criminals to Fight the War on Terror" published by Verso Books and "The Racket: A Rogue Reporter vs. the Masters of the Universe" published by Zed Books. Kennard is the Deputy Director of the "Centre for Investigative Journalism.
|Document:The Broader View Reveals the Ugliest of Prospects||blog post||17 June 2019||Craig Murray||I find it hard to believe that I live in times where Julian Assange suffers as he does for telling the truth, where a dedicated anti-racist like Jeremy Corbyn is subjected to daily false accusations of racism and to US and security service backed efforts to thwart his democratic prospects, where the most laughable false flag is paraded to move us towards war with Iran, and where there is no semblance of a genuinely independent media.|
- "Guardian profile: Matt Kennard"
- "Guardian's deputy editor Paul Johnson joined state censorship D-Notice committee (run by MOD) after Snowden revelations in sop to British spooks"
- "Document:The Broader View Reveals the Ugliest of Prospects"
- "Interviewed on BBC Radio 4"
- "Lecturer at centre of race row takes early retirement"
- "Dershowitz v. Finkelstein: Who’s Right and Who’s Wrong?"
- "Daily Bruin" Archived 28 July 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Guardian's war on Assange: Dump the Guardian!"
- Kennard, Matt (31 August 2012). "The modern US army: unfit for service?". The Guardian. Retrieved 31 May 2017.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "CSS").
- "Open Democracy: Matt Kennard"