| Norway/Deep state|
|The Norwegian Deep state has operated through the Norwegian Shipowners' Association|
The Norwegian Deep state has long involved the Norwegian Shipowners' Association, high bourgeoisie and the Norwegian Royal family. The state bureaucracy, an elite of public servants often in the same families, have traditionally had a strong hand in running the country the way they think best, a tradition going back several hundred years. Another element is deep state networks in the leadership of the long-governing Labour Party.
Despite being known as a peaceful and progressive nation, Norway has a significant dark side, especially in foreign politics. Per capita, Norway is the biggest arms exporter in the world and the tenth biggest in the world. Norway is the country having participated in the third most number of recent wars, (after the United States and Israel).
The Nobel Peace Prize, awarded by Norway[clarification needed], is used to further the supranational deep state's policy of perpetual war. One may not need CIA connections to win the prize, but many winners have had them.
The Norwegian deep state was rebooted by WWII. Jens Christian Hauge, a resistance leader during WWII, emerged as a key deep politician in the twenty years after the war. Party functionary and CIA-agent Haakon Lie in the governing Labour Party made sure the Labour movement stayed loyal to NATO and the UK/US alliance.
World War II
- Full article: World War II
- Full article: World War II
- Full article: Operation Gladio
- Full article: Operation Gladio
Leif Höegh attended the first Bilderberg. He was a member of the Bilderberg Steering Committee, as was his son Westye Høegh. Also in attendance was Finn Moe, although he only attended one subsequent meeting, in 1959.
Politicians responsible for starting Cold War in Norway were proven CIA agents (Haakon Lie), or very close to UK services.
In 1982 a NATO military plane caused a civilian airliner to crash in the small village of Mehamn, killing 15. The noticeable thing is that all three official investigations since have stonewalled on military responsibility, despite all three having been shown to heavily distort and edit out facts, where the second and third investigations were fallback positions. Witnesses and journalists who disputed the official findings found themselves victims of a vicious smear campaigns by commercially-controlled media.
In 1984, diplomat Arne Treholt was arrested as a Soviet spy, and convicted in 1986. One of the investigators was the same as the one discovered working for the US embassy in 2010. One of the key pieces of evidence (a suitcase with some money) was later proven to have been falsified by the police. The case happened at the same time as several other Reagan era PSYOPS campaigns (the Georgi Markov-case; the false flag submarines against the Swedish government; Korean Airlines Flight 007 etc.)
In 1999, three people were assassinated execution style, Anne Orderud Paust, an intelligence operative under cover as a high ranking official in the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and her parents. (Her husband Per Paust, also an intelligence operative and high ranking official in the ministry, had died of cancer two weeks before Anne were murdered).
Anne's brother, daughter-in-law, sister and her partner, were charged and convicted for murder, despite only one of them confessing. Extraordinarily, the police stated the case had no connection to a previous car bomb attempt against Anne and Per.
The real assassins were probably connected to the wars in Yugoslavia, where Norway was heavily involved in regime changes and support to secessionists, and might have been protected because they still had use in the covert operations there,[Says who?] or because the real facts of the case would have revealed embarrassing information.
In 2010, retired Norwegian intelligence leaders worked as private investigators for the US embassy to monitor opponents, the Surveillance Detection Unit.
The Integrity Initiative was active in Norway, including a separate cell for the northern areas of the country. They collaborate with already existing local networks. These networks are still highly active.
Control of corporate media
Leading journalists and editors have for many decades taken media courses at the Defence High School (FHS), creating a situation very similar to what Integrity Initiative and similar US-led efforts have been doing.
- 93 Norwegians have visited the Bilderberg, but no Norwegians are known to have attended Le Cercle
- Otto Tidemand was a member of the Bilderberg Steering Committee and attended 14 Bilderbergs from 1967 - 1984.
- Kjell Storvik was Vice President of the Norwegian Shipowners' Association before Niels Werring, and later Central Bank Governor of Norway
- Niels Werring was a member of the Bilderberg Steering Committee, President of the Norwegian Shipowners' Association 1978-79, also attended 14 Bilderbergs
- Egil Myklebust has so far attended over 10 Bilderbergs
- Svein Richard Brandtzæg - ?
- Director General of Norsk Hydro has been a Bilderberger since 1984
In the early 1970s, The Social Democrat Youth Group was revealed to be receiving CIA funding.
In 1978, Norwegian police stumbled upon a secret basement under the house of shipowner Hans Otto Meyer which contained at least 60 weapons, many machine guns, and 12,000 rounds of ammunition. He claimed that this was provided by Norwegian intelligence. In parliament, the Norwegian Minister of Defense Rolf Hansen at first denied that Meyer was affiliated with the intelligence services, then later admitted the charges and confirmed that Meyer had been associated with the Stay Behind network.
A few people with deep state connections have touched on aspects of it, noticeably:
- The officer Svein Blindheim wrote a book (1981) about how he in the 1950s was trained by the CIA to perform regime changes and other matters.
- Politican and officer Oddmund H. Hammerstad wrote a revealing critique of the deep state nexus between media/the military and politics
- Grogate, a book only published in manuscript form, revealed several inner workings of the deep state, especially in the Labour Party
- Former Labour Party functionary Ronald Bye revealed how he took over a long-running surveillance/bugging operation inside the Labour movement. Since then, he has written several books on intelligence matters.
- Oddmund H. Hammerstad Oppgjør med maktspill og overgrep i de hemmelige tjenestene, Genesis forlag 1997