Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Timeline for the 2019–20 Wuhan coronavirus (Covid 19) outbreak.|
- 2015-12-xx Wuhan Institute of Virology published research on a novel corona virus similar to SARS.
- 2017-01-xx Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) is launched at Davos as partnership between public, private, philanthropic, and civil organisations.
- 2019-07-xx The CDC orders the Fort Detrick laboratory of USAMRIID to halt operations immediately, citing safety concerns.
- 2019-10-18 Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security hosts a pandemic tabletop exercise named Event 201. It assumes a Coronavirus Pandemic, a 15% collapse of financial markets and the death of 65 million people. Held on the same day as the opening of the World Military Games in Wuhan.
- 2019-11-23 CDC will allow USAMRIID at Fort Detrick to resume limited research after the recent shutdown.
- 2020-01-09 The first report to link the virus outbreak with the Wuhan seafood market (wet market) by Radio Free Asia.
- 2020-01-23 Richard Hatchett for the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) announces at Davos funding for three programmes to develop vaccines against the novel coronavirus.
- 2020-02-04 Helen Buyniski a political commentator at RT, links the outbreak to the 2019 Military World Games.
- 2020-02-18 Stock markets start to fall significantly worldwide.
- 2020-02-23 Chinese media reports on a Japanese TV broadcast by TV Asahi, that speaks of the possibility, that "some of the 14,000 Americans died of influenza may have unknowingly contracted the coronavirus".
- 2020-02-26 Donald Trump in a press conference relates that thanks to early travel restrictions to some countries, "the risk to the American people remains very low".
- 2020-02-27 Chinese respiratory specialist Zhong Nanshan again reconfirms that the disease may not have originated in China.
- 2020-02-26 Mike Pence is announced to be heading the task force charged with addressing the coronavirus outbreak. In front of the camera he shows behavior that has been described as "bizarre" in light of the severity of the crisis.
- 2020-02-28 Chinese media points out a American news item about a death in the US on 08. January, that was diagnosed as related to influenza, but corrected to be due to the coronavirus.
- 2020-03-05 Los Angeles Times article mentions the possibility that the death rate of the coronavirus could be much closer to that of the seasonal flu.
- 2020-03-10 The Jerusalem Post reports that the Galilee Research Institute was researching a new vaccine technology for four years that could give immunization.
- 2020-03-11 Robert Redfield, current director of the CDC, allows during questioning at the House Oversight and Reform Committee Hearing on Coronavirus Response, that some deaths in the US that were attributed to the common flu, have in fact been due to the coronavirus (at around 01:43:00).
- 2020-03-11 The director general of the World Health Organisation, Dr Tedros, says "that Covid-19 can be characterized as a pandemic", making it the official status.
- 2020-03-12 The Trump administration suspends travel from Europe to the US.
- 2020-03-12 A Canadian company which is funded by the Pentagon says that it has produced a COVID-19 vaccine just 20 days after receiving the coronavirus’s genetic sequence.
- 2020-03-12 Lijian Zhao, current deputy director of the Chinese Foreign Ministry Information Department, pointing out the testimony of Robert Redfield and linking it with the US military and the 2019 Military World Games.
- 2020-03-19 COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.
- 2020-03-29 Anthony Fauci projected millions of Americans will contract COVID-19 and between 100,000 and 200,000 people could succumb to it.
- https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/wuhan-outbreak-01092020133656.html saved at Archive.org
- http://en.people.cn/n3/2020/0223/c90000-9661026.html saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- https://www.sohu.com/a/376454525_164026 saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2020/03/breaking-weve-got-vaccine-says-pentagon-funded-company/163739 saved at Archive.is