|Venues of research and development into the most hazardous pathogens.|
A Biosafety level 4 (BSL4) facility is able to handle the most dangerous pathogens, such as those which are both easily spread and potentially fatal.
The only such facility in mainland China is the Wuhan Institute of Virology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 8.6 miles from the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market which the World Health Organization linked to the first reported cluster of Covid-19 patients, 44 people who became unwell with pneumonia of unknown cause, at the start of what was then referred to as the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, later the 2020 coronavirus pandemic.
The United States operates many level 4 labs worldwide. Accidents and carelessness on the side management shows, that it is not possible to operate these labs, even those with the highest security level, safely all the time. Especially notorious is the Plum Island bio lab near Long island. It was operated only as a biosafety level 3 lab, but it stands as an well documented example for technical and administrative problems that these facilities face.
Fort Detrick is the Maryland BSL-4 facility that the FBI concluded was the origin of the anthrax used in the Amerithrax attacks originally blamed on Al Qaeda. The research facility was shut down by the CDC in July 2019, citing failure to follow local procedures, lack of periodic recertification training for workers in the biocontainment laboratories and problems with the wastewater decontamination system.
|CDC||The main US government body charged with preventing disease outbreaks|
|Defence Evaluation and Research Agency|
|Fort Detrick||A Maryland BSL-4 facility that the FBI concluded was the origin of the anthrax used in the Amerithrax attacks originally blamed on Al Qaeada.|
|National Institutes of Health|
|Wuhan Institute of Virology|
- https://www.liquisearch.com/biosafety_level/list_of_bsl-4_facilities saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- http://dilyana.bg/the-pentagon-bio-weapons/ saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- http://fairfoods.org/stopthebiolab/stopthebiolab/documents/accidents-list.pdf saved at Archive.org
- https://hammettenglish1301.blogspot.com/2017/12/plum-island-conspiracies-by-allan-s.html saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- https://www.amazon.com/Lab-257-Disturbing-Governments-Laboratory/product-reviews/006078184X saved at Archive.is
- https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/health/fort-detrick-lab-shut-down-after-failed-safety-inspection-all/article_767f3459-59c2-510f-9067-bb215db4396d.html saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is