|Interest of||• AltCensored|
• Project Veritas
• Reclaim The Net
|YouTube Censorship gained pace during the late 2010s, especially around 2016 and in 2020 during the COVID-19/Panic. Videos which had millions of views were removed, pushing a lot of people to alternative platforms such as AltCensored or Bitchute.|
After his channel was deleted in 2018, Sayed Hasan charged that "Youtube strives to hide its censorship behind a pseudo-legalistic procedure."  Soft censorship tactics include labelling content as age inappropriate, i.e. requiring users to sign in before viewing it and selective enforcement of its rules.
- November, YouTube censored a number of livestreams and commentary on the Trial of Kyle Rittenhouse. "Policy violations" were cited.
- October, YouTube removed a video from the channel owned by Big Brother Watch. The video was of British MP David Davis in which he was criticising vaccine passports. YouTube reversed their decision after scrutiny. On 26 October 2021, the channel of Novara Media was briefly deleted. This was ironic as they have encouraged and even defended internet censorship in the past.
- September, two RT German-language YouTube channels were deleted for "vaccine misinformation". Russia has threatened to ban YouTube in their country.
- August, the channel of Sky News Australia was striked, preventing the account from uploading new videos for a whole week. They were accused of spreading "misinformation" about COVID in breach of community guidelines. A YouTube statement said it had "clear and established Covid-19 medical misinformation policies based on local and global health authority guidance". A spokesperson told the Guardian it "did not allow content that denies the existence of Covid-19" or which encouraged people "to use hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin to treat or prevent the virus". Senator Rand Paul was also suspended for a week.
- February, Ohio Advocates for Medical Freedom had a number of videos removed for "misinformation".
- January, the channel of TalkRADIO gets shortly "deleted", 12 hours later reinstated.
YouTube ramped up Censorship during the COVID-19/Pandemic, removing videos that had been seen by millions of viewers. YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki announced in 2020 that it would censor any opinions about COVID-19 that dissented from WHO guidelines.
- On December 9., YouTube declared it would remove "any piece of content uploaded today (or anytime after) that misleads people by alleging that widespread fraud or errors changed the outcome of the 2020 U.S. Presidential election", including "claiming that a Presidential candidate won the election due to widespread software glitches or counting errors."
- On November 19., Youtube blocked the very popular, left-leaning German independent media site KenFM.
- October: YouTube removed the channels of The Last American Vagabond, Mouthy Buddha, Dollar Vigilante and Derrick Broze's "The Conscious Resistance Network"channel.
- June: The channel of Ayo Kimathi, aka Irritated Genie, a Black nationalist according to Wikipedia, was deleted on the 9th of June.
- In May the channel of South Front with 1,900 videos and approximately 60 million views was deleted. Termination without warning or notification and zero active strikes according to South Front.
- In April, YouTuber Brittany Venti had her livestream on YouTube taken down mid-stream when she was speaking critically about pornography and sex trafficking. Venti tweeted about the hypocrisy of the YouTube’s policy enforcement as many cam-girls are actively promoted by YouTube to children.
- In December 2019, Wojcicki admitted what had long been surmised, that the "trending" content on YouTube was subject to human censorship. She stated that “We just do a human check to make sure that the content that’s there makes sense to be on the Trending page and available for everyone”, but did not elaborate further. The leak by Zach Vorhies in August showed that "every day, top 250 videos (on YouTube) in top 26 locales are rated by multiple human raters”.
- November: "YouTube may terminate your access, or your Google account’s access to all or part of the Service if YouTube believes, in its sole discretion, that provision of the Service to you is no longer commercially viable."
- September: "More than 17,000 YouTube channels removed since new hateful content policy implemented" - headline by the The Verge
- In Summer 2019 YouTube announced new policies to bad any videos "alleging that a group is superior in order to justify discrimination, segregation or exclusion." This policy took effect immediately. Google CEO clarified that would also target borderline "content which doesn't exactly violate policies".
- In April 2019 Youtube blocked Press TV's channel along with Hispan TV, another state owned broadcasting corporation aimed at Spanish speaking audience.
- For over a week after the Christchurch Mass Shooting in March, the filtering features on Youtube were disabled. Youtube later admitted that it had deliberately made it harder to find certain videos.
- January: YouTube said it would be making changes to its recommendations algorithm to explicitly deal with "conspiracy theory" videos. The company says the update will reduce the suggestion of “borderline content and content that could misinform users in harmful ways.” YouTube clarified what kind of videos fit that description by providing three examples: “videos promoting a phony miracle cure for a serious illness, claiming the earth is flat, or making blatantly false claims about historic events like 9/11.” The company clarified that this content doesn’t necessarily violate its community guidelines. This means that while the content may still exist on YouTube, the site’s algorithm will omit these videos from being recommended to its users.
- Mark Crispin Miller reports in December 2018 that YouTube had removed a video of Mort Sahl speaking about the JFK Assassination.
- In March 2018, YouTube removed all 1700+ videos from Mike Adams' "Health Ranger" channel, claiming that the videos, covering nutrition, natural medicine, history, science and current events violated their guidelines.
- In February 2018, Youtube removed a video of an eyewitness to the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, stating that it "violates our guidelines". Also in February the channel of Richie Allen was removed for interviews he did with Wolfgang Halbig and Michael Rivero with a third strike pending.
- In January, Sayed Hasan criticised YouTube after it removed his channel in December 2017. This has had 400 videos and over 6 million views, "subtitled in French and English speeches of Sayed Hassan Nasrallah, Secretary General of Hezbollah", explaining that it was a “violation of the rules concerning violent or graphic content on Youtube”. This contrasts with its acceptance of Donald Trump's threat to “completely destroy” North Korea "or the Israeli bragging about bombing Iran and toppling its regime, assassinating Hassan Nasrallah".
"Worsening pattern of censorship of political speech"
Prompted by the removal of a video he had posted about the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, Mike Adams reported in December 2017 on "the worsening pattern of censorship of political speech by YouTube." Other commentators from Las Vegas noticed that private video footage from the shooting was widely taken off from the platform at some point.
- In 2016, YouTube announced that making "negative comments" about someone else and hurting their feelings might be considered sufficient grounds for to censor content.
- The political commentator Gabe Zolna, who made some very caustic remarks towards Hillary Clinton during the 2016 US election, had his channel with 18,300 videos and sometimes tens of thousands of views the same year removed with strikes in short succession.
The comment sections of political or government critical videos of some channels received a huge uptick in Spam comments since around mid 2015. Channels like Truthstream Media, who experienced manipulation of their view counts since around the same time, had on very successful videos which generated tens of thousands of views in the first weeks an assessable number of comments. It was easily feasible for the onlooker to read through the discussion and get an overview about the opinions that get exchanged. The comment section of this channel and others got flooded noticeable at one point, drowning any sensible discussion with several hundreds of annoying and useless statements and replies. This could at the one hand of course mean, that more people choose to leave senseless replies, but also, that as part of cyberwar the military and contractors have decided to degrade the communication therein.
In 2018 Mike Adams registered youtubecensorship.com to begin reporting on it and created the new video hosting platform Brighteon. Reclaimthenet also has a focus on Youtube censorship. The browser plugin TubeShift allows for searching of deleted videos on other video platforms.
|Demonetization||A deep state weapon?|
YouTube/Censorship victims on Wikispooks
|Jair Bolsonaro||President of Brazil who publicly refused a COVID-19 jab and suggested that the virus may have been intentionally created and released.|
|Patrick Lancaster||Former US Navy sailor living in Donbass who covered the war since the beginning.|
|Integrity Initiative/Leak/3||“Find ways to remove e.g. RT/Ruptly video and infographic content from mainstream media e.g. newspaper websites, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Such content is quite professionally done, entertaining and cheap (or even free) for cash-strapped mainstream media outlets. But for these reasons, this kind of content gets numerous ‘clicks’ and is therefore picked up by reputable outlets that help spread Russian disinformation.”||Victor Madeira||16 March 2018|
- Youtube to crack down on 9/11 and Flat Earth videos… Of course they had to lump those together
- http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-psychological-warfare-in-ukraine-targeting-online-independent-media-coverage/5437883 saved at Archive.org and Archive.is