| Gina Haspel |
Haspel's swearing-in ceremony as CIA/Director
|Born||Gina Cheri Haspel|
Ashland, Kentucky, USA
|Alma mater||University of Louisville, BA|
“Godmother of the torture program”
Gina Haspel is the former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency whom CIA whistleblower John Kiriakou termed the “godmother of the torture program.”
"By late 2002, Haspel was overseeing waterboarding at a black site detention center in Thailand, one of a number of countries exposed in a 2005 Washington Post report as territories being used for torture by the US to dodge judicial oversight."
“The CIA’s timeline on Gina Haspel leaves a little something lacking… namely any details at all.”
After Gina Haspel was nominated to lead the CIA, Quartz magazine quoted a (paywalled) New York Times report that Haspel "played a leading role in running a US torture site abroad and later destroyed the evidence of it."
ProPublica reported in 2017 that Haspel personally signed "cables to CIA headquarters that detailed Zubayda’s interrogation."
In May 2019, as allegations surfaced that Julian Assange was being chemically lobotomised in Belmarsh Prison prior to his extradition to the United States to stand trial on bogus computer hacking charges, Haspel was nicknamed 'Chemical Gina'.
|Document:Assange Must Not Also Die in Jail||blog post||13 August 2019||Craig Murray||Many of the same people who are relieved by Jeffrey Epstein’s death would like to see Julian Assange dead too.|
- ↑ "The ‘Godmother of Torture’ May Soon Be Running the CIA"
- ↑ https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kz4vnn/we-still-dont-know-what-gina-haspel-really-knew-about-the-cias-torture-program
- ↑ "CIA Director Nominee — Gina Haspel Career Timeline"
- ↑ "Gina Haspel, C.I.A. Deputy Director, Had Role in Torture"
- ↑ "The CIA’s new nominee director Gina Haspel once ran a torture site and destroyed evidence"
- ↑ "Correction: Trump’s Pick to Head CIA Did Not Oversee Waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah"
- ↑ "Julian Assange Tortured with Psychotropic Drug"