| Kit Klarenberg |
|Member of||The Grayzone|
|Interests|| • Institute for Statecraft|
• Integrity Initiative
• Skripal Affair
• 9/11 hijackers
• Alec Station
UK investigative journalist who publishes at Off Guardian and The Grayzone.
Kit Klarenberg is an investigative journalist and activist. In May 2023 he was detained for UK police under "counter-terrorism" legislation and interrogated about his work for The Grayzone.
Klarenberg has written for Sputnik News  and is webmaster for the Occupy Faith website. 
On 18 April 2023, in an article entitled "Bombshell filing: 9/11 hijackers were CIA recruits", Kit Klarenberg reported that at least two of the 9/11 hijackers – Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar – had been recruited either knowingly or unknowingly into a joint CIA-Saudi intelligence operation (Alec Station) which may have gone awry.
Klarenberg was arrested in Britain on the 17th of May 2023 by “six anonymous plainclothes counter-terror officers” and questioned about his journalism. The conduct of the police clearly points to intimidation as the underlying reason for the arrest. In the ensuing discussion he was told that: “Your work might be interesting to the public, but it’s not in the public interest.”
On 3 June 2023, Max Blumenthal tweeted:
- "Under obvious pressure from the British natsec state and its media lackeys, the UK’s National Union of Journalists has deleted its statement of concern about @KitKlarenberg’s detention by counter-terror police.
- "Kit was interrogated almost exclusively about his factual reporting."
Documents by Kit Klarenberg
- ↑ https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201904171074227109-skripal-ducks-children-nyt-usa-britain/
- ↑ https://sputniknews.com/military/201907041076147867-open-information-partnership-integrity-initiative/
- ↑ http://www.occupyfaith.org.uk/
- ↑ "Bombshell filing: 9/11 hijackers were CIA recruits"
- ↑ https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2023/05/31/authoritarianism-keeps-surging-in-western-free-democracies/
- ↑ https://thegrayzone.com/2023/05/30/journalist-kit-klarenberg-british-police-interrogated-grayzone/
- ↑ The statement of concern had been removed by June 4, 2023. Archived
- ↑ "NUJ has deleted its statement of concern about Kit Klarenberg's detention by counter-terror police"