John M. Deutch
|John M. Deutch|
|Born||John Mark Deutch|
July 27, 1938
|Alma mater||Amherst College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Spouse||Patricia Lyon Deutch|
|Member of||Aspen Strategy Group, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Council on Foreign Relations/Members, Hoover Institution/Fellows, Trilateral Commission|
USDSO, confronted as CIA Director by Mike Ruppert about CIA Drug dealing in 1996
John Deutch became Director of Central Intelligence in May 1995. The New York Times reported in July 1995 that on his appointment, Deutch "moved quickly to change things, Frederick Hitz Inspector General of the Central Intelligence Agency was the only senior official who kept his job."
Knowledge of CIA Drug Dealing
On November 15, 1996, Deutch was at Locke High School in Los Angeles at a town hall meeting on the topic of drug dealing. He was visibly taken aback by the confrontational testimony from an LAPD narcotics officer, Michael Ruppert, that he had personally witnessed CIA complicity in drug dealing, naming Operation Amadeus, Operation Pegasus and Operation Watchtower.
Deutch left the CIA on December 15, 1996 and later that year it was revealed that several of his laptop computers contained classified materials designated as unclassified. In January 1997, the CIA began a formal security investigation of the matter. Senior management at CIA declined to fully pursue the security breach. Over two years after his departure, the matter was referred to the Department of Justice, where US Attorney General Janet Reno declined prosecution. She did, however, recommend an investigation to determine whether Deutch should retain his security clearance. President Clinton pardoned Deutch on his last day in office.
Appointments by John M. Deutch
|David Cohen||CIA/Deputy Director for Operations||1995||1997|
|Nora Slatkin||CIA/Executive Director||1995||1998||Quit upon the insistence of CIA Director, George Tenet.|
Events Participated in
|Bilderberg/1998||14 May 1998||17 May 1998||Scotland|
|The 46th Bilderberg meeting, held in Scotland, chaired by Peter Carrington|
|Bilderberg/2000||1 June 2000||4 June 2000||Belgium|
|Bilderberg/2002||30 May 2002||2 June 2002||US|
|The 50th Bilderberg, held at Chantilly, Virginia.|
- Steve Lowery, "A CIA Infomercial," New Times Los Angeles (21 November 1996) p. 6.
- https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/esp_vatican59.htm saved at Archive.org and Archive.is
- Drugging America: A Trojan Horse, 2nd Ed. by Rodney Stich saved at Archive.org and Archive.is
- http://www.deepblacklies.co.uk/feature_article_listing.htm saved at Archive.org and Archive.is
- File from deepblacklies.co.uk: The Big Picture
- http://www.deepblacklies.co.uk/the_pegasus_file-part1.htm saved at Archive.org and Archive.is
- Central Intelligence Agency Inspector General Report of Investigation Improper Handling of Classified Information By John M. Deutch, February 18, 2000
- Ross, Sonya, "Clinton Pardons More Than 100", Washington Post, January 20, 2001