Jump to navigation Jump to search
1881 < 1882 < 1883 < 1884 < 1885 < 1886 < 1887 <1888 < 1889 < 1890 < 1891 > 1892 > 1893 > 1894 > 1895 > 1896 > 1897 > 1898 > 1899 > 1900 > 1901
|( 1890s: ) 1891|
“One wintry afternoon in February 1891, three men were engaged in earnest conversation in London. From that conversation were to flow consequences of the greatest importance to the British Empire and to the world as a whole. For these men were organizing a secret society that was for more than fifty years to be one of the most important forces in the formulation and execution of British imperial and foreign policy.”
- January 1 – Paying of old age pensions begins in Germany.
- January 5 – The Australian shearers' strike, that leads indirectly to the foundation of the Australian Labor Party, begins.
- January 29 –– Liliuokalani is proclaimed Queen of Hawaii (the last ruler before the US annexation).
- March 3 – The International Copyright Act of 1891 is passed, by the 51st United States Congress.
- March 14 – In New Orleans, a lynch mob storms the Old Parish Prison, and lynches 11 Italians arrested but found innocent of the murder of Police Chief David Hennessy.
- March 18 – The London–Paris telephone system officially opens.
- April 1 – The London–Paris telephone system is opened to the general public.
- April 5 – Census in the United Kingdom: 15.6 million people live in cities of 20,000 or more in England and Wales, and cities of 20,000 or more account for 54% of the total English population.
- May 11 – Ōtsu incident: Tsesarevich Nikolay Alexandrovich (the future Czar Nicholas II) of Russia survives an assassination attempt, while visiting Japan.
- May 31 N.S. (May 19 O.S.) – In the Kuperovskaya district of Vladivostok, a grand ceremonial inauguration of construction work on the Trans-Siberian Railway is carried out by the Tsesarevich Nikolay Alexandrovich, and a religious service held.
- June 21 – The first long-distance transmission of alternating current is made, by the Ames power plant near Telluride, Colorado, by Lucien and Paul Nunn.
- July 10 – Erik Gustaf Boström becomes Prime Minister of Sweden.
- August 27 – France and Russia conclude a defensive alliance.
- September 29 – Thyssen, as predecessor of Thyssen Krupp, a conglomerate in worldwide, founded in Duisburg, Germany.
|UK/Deep state||“One wintry afternoon in February 1891, three men were engaged in earnest conversation in London. From that conversation were to flow consequences of the greatest importance to the British Empire and to the world as a whole. For these men were organizing a secret society that was for more than fifty years to be one of the most important forces in the formulation and execution of British imperial and foreign policy.”||Carroll Quigley|
|North Greenville University||Religious Southern Baptist institution|
|Central Washington University||Public||Small regional Washington State university|
|George Fox University||Military ranks||Founded by Quakers, still a center for Quaker thought.|
|Moritz College of Law|
|University of London/Goldsmiths||Constituent college of the University of London specialising in the arts, design, humanities, and social sciences|
|Robert Koch Institute||Federal agency charged with preventing disease outbreaks|
|University of Gothenburg||Public||A strong tradition of research innovation|
|Hotchkiss School||US Establishment boarding school.|
|New York Law School|
A Group that was Wound Up
|Russell & Company||Commercial|
|Title||Born||Died||Place of death||Summary||Description|
|Granville Leveson-Gower||11 May 1815||31 March 1891||London||British Secretary of State who improved relations with the United States|
|Alphonso Taft||5 November 1810||21 May 1891||US|
|Politician||an American jurist, diplomat and politician|
|Title||Born||Place of birth||Died||Summary||Description|
|Boris Morros||1 January 1891||8 January 1963||Spook|
|Greek self-made businessman with top politicians in his pocket|
|Louis A. Johnson||10 January 1891||Virginia|
|24 April 1966||Lawyer|
|John Masterman||12 January 1891||6 June 1977||Spook|
|Walter Monckton||17 January 1891||9 January 1965||UK/Minister of Defence 1955-56|
|Frank Costello||26 January 1891||18 February 1973||Mafia boss|
|Antonio Segni||2 February 1891||Italy|
|1 December 1972||Spook|
|Raffaele Cafiero||12 February 1891||Italy|
|10 July 1959||Politician||Italian monarchist politican who attended two Bilderbergs in the 1950s|
|Gus Wortham||18 February 1891||1 September 1976|
|Earl Warren||19 March 1891||Los Angeles|
|9 July 1974||US chief justice. Blackmailed to go along with The Cabal's Warren Commision cover up of the JFK assassination|
|Paul Hoffman||26 April 1891||United States|
|8 October 1974||Deep state functionary|
|Five time early Bilderberger, UNDP administrator|
|Henry Morgenthau Jr||11 May 1891||New York|
|6 February 1967||Financier|
|Roger Auboin||15 May 1891||Paris||16 October 1974||Central banker||Managing director of the Bank for International Settlements between 1938 and 1958.|
|Sid Richardson||25 May 1891||Texas|
|30 September 1959||Businessperson|
|Guy Tugwell||10 July 1891||New York|
|21 July 1979||Economist|
|Lewis Rosenstiel||21 July 1891||Ohio|
|21 January 1976||Mobster|
|Gangster, businessman, philanthropist and sexual blackmailer.|
|Wickliffe Draper||9 August 1891||Massachusetts|
|Frido von Senger und Etterlin||4 September 1891||9 January 1963||Soldier||General in the Wehrmacht of Nazi Germany during World War II, who helped rebuild the German army after the war. Attended Königswinter conferences and the 1959 Bilderberg.|
|Carl Burckhardt||10 September 1891||Switzerland|
|3 March 1974||Diplomat|
|President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (1945–48), where he assisted Germans wanted for war crimes escape to South America. September 1955 and 1956 Bilderberg meetings.|
|Arthur Hays Sulzberger||12 September 1891||11 December 1968||Publisher|
|Rafael Trujillo||24 October 1891||Dominican Republic|
|30 May 1961||Soldier||President of the Dominican Republic - assassinated|
|Marjorie Maxse||26 October 1891||3 May 1975||Spook|
|Desmond Morton||13 November 1891||London|
Hyde Park Gate
|31 July 1971||Spook|
|An almost unknown and yet crucial British spymaster in the first half of the 20th century.|
|W. Averell Harriman||15 November 1891||New York|
|26 July 1986||Financier|
|Edward Bernays||22 November 1891||Vienna|
|9 March 1995||Propagandist||Nephew of Sigmund Freud and the father of 20th century propaganda techniques.|
|Pierre Ryckmans||23 November 1891||Belgium|
|18 February 1959||Civil servant||Governor-General of Belgian Congo for 12 years|
|Antoine Pinay||30 December 1891||France|
|13 December 1994||Politician|
|Multi-Bilderberg French deep politician, chairman and eponymous head of the Pinay Cercle|