Jump to navigation Jump to search
1877 < 1878 < 1879 < 1880 < 1881 < 1882 < 1883 <1884 < 1885 < 1886 < 1887 > 1888 > 1889 > 1890 > 1891 > 1892 > 1893 > 1894 > 1895 > 1896 > 1897
|( 1880s: ) 1887|
- January 11 – Louis Pasteur's anti-rabies treatment is defended in the Académie Nationale de Médecine, by Dr. Joseph Grancher.
- January 20 – The United States Senate allows the Navy to lease Pearl Harbor as a naval base.
- March 3 – Anne Sullivan begins teaching Helen Keller.
- March 4 – Gottlieb Daimler unveils his first automobile.
- April 21 – Schnaebele incident: A French/German border incident nearly leads to war between the two countries.
- June 18 – The Reinsurance Treaty is closed, between Germany and Russia.
- June 21
- June 23 – The Rocky Mountains Park Act becomes law in Canada, creating that nation's first national park, Banff National Park.
- July 1 – Construction of the iron structure of the Eiffel Tower starts in Paris, France.
- July 6 – King Kalākaua of Hawai'i is forced by anti-monarchists to sign the 'Bayonet Constitution', stripping the Hawaiian monarchy of much of its authority, as well as disenfranchising most native Hawaiians, all Asians and the poor.
- August – The earliest constituent of the U.S. National Institutes of Health is established at the Marine Hospital, Staten Island, as the Laboratory of Hygiene.
- October 1 – The British Empire takes over Balochistan.
- November 10 – Louis Lingg, sentenced to be hanged for his alleged role in the Haymarket affair (a bombing in Chicago on May 4, 1886), kills himself by dynamite.
- November 11 – August Spies, Albert Parsons, Adolph Fischer and George Engel are hanged for inciting riot and murder, in the Haymarket affair.
- November 13 – Bloody Sunday: Police in London clash with radical and Irish nationalist protesters.
- December 5 – The International Bureau of Intellectual Property is established.
- The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn is founded.
- A construction and developer brand on worldwide, Skanska was founded in Malmö, Sweden.
|University at Buffalo/Law School||Graduate professional school at the University at Buffalo|
|Catholic University of America||Military ranks||The school stays closely connected with the Catholic Church and Catholic organizations.|
|Florida A&M University||Land-grant||historically black university in Florida|
|Nebraska Wesleyan University||Military ranks||Nebraskan liberal arts college|
|Pasteur Institute||Studies biology, microorganisms, diseases and vaccines. This also includes biological warfare.|
|North Carolina State University||Public||Over 50 NC State alumni have achieved the rank of Brigadier General or higher in the United States military.|
|Melbourne university researching censorship implementation.|
|Troy State University||Public||Alabama university|
|Title||Born||Place of birth||Died||Summary||Description|
|Roundell Palmer||15 April 1887||3 September 1971||Spook|
Deep state operative
|Minister of Economic Warfare in the Churchill wartime government between 1942 and 1945. his put him in charge of the Special Operations Executive (SOE), which ran undercover operations of sabotage in Occupied Europe.|
|James Marshall-Cornwall||27 May 1887||25 December 1985||Spook|
|Deputy Head of MI6|
|John Magruder||3 June 1887||30 April 1958||Spook|
|After the WW2 Office of Strategic Services was disbanded in 1945, core elements of it were maintained in the new Strategic Services Unit (SSU) led by Magruder, a link to the creation of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in 1947.|
|André François-Poncet||13 June 1887||France|
|8 January 1978||Diplomat|
|Hastings Ismay||21 June 1887||India|
|17 December 1965||Diplomat|
|Ex Secretary General of NATO.|
|Julian Huxley||22 June 1887||14 February 1975||Academic||English evolutionary biologist, eugenicist, and internationalist|
|R. H. Bruce Lockhart||2 September 1887||27 February 1970||Author|
|Edwin G. Booz||2 September 1887||Pennsylvania|
|1 October 1951||Businessperson|
|Max Brauer||3 September 1887||Germany|
|2 February 1973||Politician|
Deep state operative
|Mayor of Hamburg. One of a dozen men whom Józef Retinger consulted when setting up the Bilderberg|
|Victor Hope||24 September 1887||Scotland|
|5 January 1952||British nobility||Viceroy of India|
|Chiang Kai-shek||31 October 1887||Fenghua|
|5 April 1975||Soldier|
|Myron Fagan||31 October 1887||US||12 May 1972||Author|
|Bernard Montgomery||17 November 1887||Surrey|
|24 March 1976||Soldier|