| Jill Stein |
(medical doctor, politician)
|Born||Jill Ellen Stein|
14 May 1950
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
In an interview with the Des Moines Register on the 15th anniversary of September 11, Jill Stein told reporters the 9/11 attacks “provided a pretext for the wrong wars, which have only gotten us into more trouble” and said she would not have ordered the assassination of the Al-Qaeda leader:
- “I think assassinations … they’re against international law to start with and to that effect, I think I would not have assassinated Osama bin Laden but would have captured him and brought him to trial. I think all evidence certainly points to bin Laden, but the 9/11 attackers had assistance and funding and bin Laden had assistance and funding.
- "What we should have done is declare a crime against humanity and pursued it, pursued the attackers and gotten the intelligence about who was behind this."
In a series of tweets in January 2019 following Donald Trump's recognition of Juan Guaidó as interim President of Venezuela and calling for the overthrow of legitimate President Nicolás Maduro, Jill Stein tweeted:
- 1. "US has backed right-wing coups up and down Latin America for 100+ years. Not one was about democracy. All have been to enrich the global elite. But we’re supposed to believe this time in Venezuela - which has the world’s largest oil reserves - is different?"
- 2. "What does Donald Trump want with Venezuela? He said it clearly in 2011 when asked how he'd deal with Libya & Iraq: the US should topple their governments & reward ourselves by taking their oil. Asked how that would affect those countries, Trump said: 'Who cares?'"
- 3. "The Democrats are backing Trump on regime change in Venezuela, just like they backed disasters in Afghanistan, Iraq, Honduras, Libya, Syria, Ukraine & Yemen. When it comes to regime change, the two parties of War & Wall Street are still marching in lockstep."
- 4. "The same blowhard politicians talking about 'bringing democracy' to Venezuela have aided & abetted the Saudi dictators executing dissidents, murdering journalists & starving millions of kids in Yemen. They don't give a damn about democracy or poor people's lives. It's about OIL."
- 5. "Most of the politicians now calling for humanitarian aid to the people of Venezuela have voted for crippling sanctions on Venezuela, knowing full well they'd make people suffer by depriving them of food & medicine. If they really wanted to help, they'd start by lifting sanctions."
- 6. "Trump's Venezuela point man Elliott Abrams:
- "Still think this is about democracy & human rights?"
- 7. "Want to help the people of Venezuela? Support Mexico & Uruguay's proposal to de-escalate crisis in #Venezuela: a 'new process of inclusive and credible negotiations with full respect for the rule of law and human rights' to resolve the dispute peacefully."
Israel and Saudi Arabia accused
- "With regard to Israel, the United States has encouraged the worst tendencies of the Israeli government as it pursues policies of occupation, apartheid, assassination, illegal settlements, demolitions, blockades, building of nuclear bombs, indefinite detention, collective punishment, and defiance of international law.
- "Instead of allying with the courageous proponents of peace and human rights within Palestine and Israel, our government has rewarded consistent abusers of human rights. Therefore, the Stein campaign calls for ending military and economic support for the Israeli government while it is committing war crimes and defying international law."
- "In addition, the Stein campaign supports actions of nonviolent resistance to the policies of the occupation and of the Israeli apartheid regime, including those of the global Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign, which was endorsed by the Green Party of the United States in 2005 and is supported by thousands of civil society peace activists and organisations."
It's in Our Hands!
"We are being battered by unemployment, inequality, poverty, injustice, endless war, impending climate catastrophe, and a broken, corrupt political system.
"There are solutions for all these problems, but they're being blocked by political parties that serve the corporate elite, not the people.
"We need a new way forward that puts people, planet and peace over profit.
"My campaign is dedicated to empowering the American people to make real the promise of democracy, and set our own course toward a brighter future.
"If not now, when? For our families, our communities, and our Earth, let's come together to create the better America we know is possible. It’s in Our Hands!"
The political system really sucks right now
|Document:The American Jewish scholar behind Labour's "antisemitism" scandal breaks his silence||Interview||3 May 2016||Norman Finkelstein|
|Norman G. Finkelstein is clear: "It’s time to put a stop to this periodic charade, because it ends up besmirching the victims of the Nazi holocaust, diverting from the real suffering of the Palestinian people, and poisoning relations between the Jewish and Muslim communities. You just had an antisemitism hysteria last year, and it was a farce. And now again? Another inquiry? Another investigation? No."|
- "Why Jill is running for President with the Green Party"
- "9/11 ‘provided a pretext for wrong wars’: Green Party nominee"
- "US has backed right-wing coups up and down Latin America for 100+ years"
- "What does Donald Trump want with Venezuela?"
- "The Democrats are backing Trump on regime change in Venezuela"
- "It's about OIL"
- "If they really wanted to help, they'd start by lifting sanctions"
- "Trump's Venezuela point man Elliott Abrams"
- "Want to help the people of Venezuela?"
- [ "US presidential candidate endorses boycott of Israel, Saudi Arabia"]
- "The political system really sucks right now" "NowThisElection" video