|Born||Juan Gerardo Guaidó Márquez|
28 May 1983
|Alma mater||Andrés Bello Catholic University, George Washington University|
|Interest of||Max Blumenthal|
Juan Guaidó is the product of a decade-long project overseen by Washington’s elite regime change trainers. While posing as a champion of democracy, Guaidó has spent years at the forefront of a violent campaign of destabilisation in Venezuela.
Juan Guaidó declared himself interim president on 23 January 2019 but the National Assembly voted 72 to 29 to abolish his interim government in December 2022. Lawmakers also voted to appoint a commission to govern Venezuela's foreign assets, as they seek a united front ahead of elections scheduled for 2024.
Who is He?
On 1 February 2019, Dr Jill Stein tweeted:
- "Who is Juan Guaido, self-proclaimed Venezuelan president? His US-funded Popular Will party is known as the most violent faction of Venezuela's rightwing opposition, with a history of sabotage, brutal street violence and a nasty habit of burning people alive."
GQ Mexico video
|Juan Guaidó en GQ México Mayo 2019|
In April 2019 GQ Mexico published a cheesy biopic of Guaidó (See video), about which Moon of Alabama quipped:
On 12 June 2022, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken tweeted:
- For the second time in as many weeks, Interim President @jguaido was attacked in Venezuela.
Craig Murray responded:
- He is not the interim President. Nobody voted for him. He was "attacked" by ordinary people jeering at the appearance of this vile CIA puppet.
On 31 December 2022, John McEvoy tweeted:
- Juan Guaidó is finally gone.
- The Venezuelan opposition has removed him as "Interim President" and dissolved his parallel government.
In June 2019, Dan Cohen wrote an article entitled From coup leaders to con artists: Juan Guaidó’s gang exposed for massive humanitarian aid fraud on an investigation that "exposed members of Venezuelan coup leader Juan Guaidó's inner circle for embezzling tens of thousands of dollars designated for humanitarian aid and spending it on luxury goods and lavish accommodations for themselves".
|Document:How Chrystia Freeland Organised Donald Trump’s Coup in Venezuela||Article||7 February 2019||Eric Zuesse||That’s what Ukraine, and now Venezuela, and many other US coups and invasions, are - and have been - really about. It’s about the ‘peace’ of the graveyard, NOT any democracy, anywhere at all.|
|Document:In Venezuela, White Supremacy Is a Key Driver of the Coup||Article||7 February 2019||Greg Palast|
|Four centuries of White Supremacy in Venezuela by those who identify their ancestors as European came to an end with the 1998 election of Hugo Chávez, who won with the overwhelming support of the Mestizo majority. This turn away from White Supremacy continues under Nicolás Maduro, Chavez’s chosen successor, who was re-elected in 2018 for a second six-year term.|
|Document:Is Oil Behind Washington’s Venezuela Coup Madness||Article||3 February 2019||William Engdahl||Leaving aside whether or not Maduro is a saint, the decision by President Trump to back the Bolton-Pence call for a US intervention in Venezuela may prove a fatal error for the Trump presidency.|
|Document:Sanctions of Mass Destruction: America’s War on Venezuela||Article||1 February 2019||Garikai Chengu||America’s largest export used to be manufactured goods made proudly in the United States. Today, America’s largest export is the US dollar. Any nation like Venezuela that threatens that export is met with America’s second largest export: weapons, chief amongst which are Sanctions of Mass Destruction.|
|Document:The Making of Juan Guaidó: How the US Regime Change Laboratory Created Venezuela’s Coup Leader||Article||29 January 2019||Dan Cohen|
|Juan Guaidó is the product of a decade-long project overseen by Washington’s elite regime change trainers. While posing as a champion of democracy, Guaidó has spent years at the forefront of a violent campaign of destabilisation in Venezuela|
|Document:What’s Not Being Said About the Venezuela Oil War||Article||17 February 2019||William Engdahl||The Venezuela Oil War Is Really About Huge Oil Reserves in the District of Guayana Esequiba|
- Document:The Making of Juan Guaidó: How the US Regime Change Laboratory Created Venezuela’s Coup Leader
- "Venezuelan opposition votes to abolish parallel government"
- "Who is Juan Guaido, self-proclaimed Venezuelan president?"
- https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/05/venezuela-forensics-of-a-clownish-coup.html Moon of Alabama
- "For the second time in as many weeks, Interim President @jguaido was attacked in Venezuela"
- "He is not the interim President. Nobody voted for him."
- "Juan Guaidó is finally gone"