Jump to navigation Jump to search
Think tanks on Wikispooks
- The Bow Group
- Centre for European Reform
- Centre for Policy Studies 
- Centre for Reform
- Civitas 
- Crime and Society Foundation 
- Demos 
- Fabian Society 
- Forum for the Future 
- Foreign Policy Centre 
- Globalization Institute 
- International Policy Network
- Institute of Economic Affairs 
- Institute for Fiscal Studies 
- Institute of Ideas 
- Institute for Public Policy Research 
- MigrationWatch UK
- New Politics Network
- Politeia 
- Reform 
- Royal Institute for International Affairs 
- Royal United Services Institute for Defence Studies
- The Scientific Alliance
- Social Affairs Unit 
- Social Issues Research Centre
- Social Market Foundation 
- Tavistock Institute for Human Behavior
- The Work Foundation 
- Young Fabians
- Brussels European and Global Economic Laboratory
- Centre for the New Europe 
- Civita 
- European Science and Environment Forum
- Edmund Burke Foundation 
- Studienzentrum Weikersheim
- Federation of European Employers 
- Istituto Bruno Leoni
- Libres 
- Open Republic Institute 
- Real Instituto Elcano 
- CASE - the Center for Social and Economic Research 
- Stephen Boucher, "Europe and its think tanks : a promise to be fulfilled", Notre-Europe, October 2004.
- Sally Covington How Conservative Philanthropies and Think Tanks Transform US Policy Covert Action Quarterly, Winter 1998.
- Steven C. Clemons, "Thought Control", Tom Paine, November 19, 2003. "Money will always be part of the think-tank business. But when that money and the interests behind it lurk in the shadows of the policy debate, the nation's interests are put at risk."
- Allen S. Hepner, "Next-Generation think-tank techniques can bolster issues management results", Impact, Public Affairs Council, October 2004.
- Jill Junnola, "Perspective: Who funds whom?", CampusWatch.org from Energy Compass, October 4, 2002. Re neo-conservative think tank funding/funders.
- Robert Kuttner,"Comment: Philanthropy and Movements", The American Prospect, July 15, 2002. Excellent article relating "think tank" summit meeting between funders and four major conservative "philanthropies" — American Enterprise Institute, Cato Institute, Heritage Foundation, and Manhattan Institute — observed by an invited guest "liberal". This is a virtual "how to" to build a movement.
- Richard Morin and Claudia Deane, "The Ideas Industry", Washington Post. (The Ideas Industry column ran between July 2002 and April 2003 and has been discontinued but an archives of the columns is still accessible).
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy, Moving a Public Policy Agenda: the Strategic Philanthropy of Conservative Foundations, a research report from the (NCRP), July 1997. A hard copy of the report can be obtained for $US25 from here
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy,$1 Billion for Ideas: Conservative Think Tanks in the 1990s, March 1999. A hard copy of the report can be purchased for $US25 from here
- News from Reality: "The People We Pay to Think - a brief profile on the Rand Corporation and its links to the Carlyle Group.
- Amy Scott, "Under the Influence: an idea takes hold", Marketplace, June 2, 2005. (This story, which runs for just under 8 minutes, is a review of the campaign to repeal the estate tax).
- Amy Scott, "Under the Influence: exercising power", Morning Report, June 3, 2005. (This story, which runs for just over 3 minutes, is looks at the blurred role between lobbyists and think tanks).
- Amy Scott and Scott Tong, "Under the Influence: Think Tanks and the Money that Fueals Them", Marketplace, June 2-3
- Lawrence Soley, "Heritage Clones in the Heartland: Local think tanks' "research" comes pre-digested", EXTRA!, Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, September/October 1998.
- Diane Stone, "Think Tanks and the Privatisation Band-Wagon", Manchester Metropolitan University, 1995.
- Scott Tong, "Under the Influence: what you pay for", Morning Report, June 2, 2005. (This story, which runs for just over 3 minutes, is a brief review of the Olin Foundation and its influence).
- Scott Tong, "Under the influence: left vs. right", Marketplace, June 3, 2005. (This story, which runs for just over 7 minutes, reviews the role of left and right wing think tanks).
- David Teather, "Liberals pledge millions to revive US left", The Guardian (UK), August 8, 2005.
- Chris Mooney , "Trust Us, We're Experts", TomPaine.com, September 28, 2005.
|Document:The Private Sector, Institutes, Think Tanks and Lobbying Organisations extract from The "Terrorism" Industry||book extract||1990||Edward S. Herman|
... more about "Think tank"