The Claremont Institute for the Study of Statesmanship and Political Philosophy is a far right Neocon connected think tank based in the US. Its mission is  'to restore the principles of the American Founding to their rightful, preeminent authority in our national life.'
According to the Institute 'To recover the Founding principles in our political life means recovering a limited and accountable government that respects private property, promotes stable family life and maintains a strong defense.'
The Institute was founded in 1979 and although its 'work is national in scope', it 'gives special emphasis to the problems of our country's largest state, where the Institute is based' - that is in California.
According to the Institute its reputation is for sound scholarship and diligence:
- Institute studies like the the pioneering 1988 book, The Imperial Congress (co-published with the Heritage Foundation), innovative policy proposals such as our 1995 'Contract with California,' our ongoing work on the cultural attacks on the American family, and our decade-long involvement in the critical debates over environmental regulations and property rights law--all have earned the Institute a reputation for sound scholarship and diligence in the service of constitutional government.
The Institute is signed up to the idea that the US is uniquely blessed with sound principles of government:
- "America's Founders endowed our Republic with sound principles and a framework for governing that is unmatched in the history of mankind. The prosperity and freedom of America can only be made secure if they are guided by a return to these basic principles as our country enters the 21st Century."
- Americans for Victory Over Terrorism: Right-wing website propagating the "anti-terrorist"/orientalist message. Website's Reading List is primarily drawn up from writings by Bernard Lewis, Martin Kramer, Samuel Huntington, Steven Emerson, Yossef Bodansky, Benjamin Netanyahu…
- Chairman: Bruce C. Sanborn — President, Upland & Marsh
- Vice Chairman: Larry P. Arnn — President, Hillsdale College
- Howard F. Ahmanson, Jr. — Fieldstead & Co.
- Edward Erler — Prof., California State University San Bernardino
- Christopher Flannery — Prof., Azusa Pacific University
- Thomas A. Fuentes — Senior Vice President, Tait & Associates
- James E. Higgins — Managing Director, Kudlow & Company, LLC
- Harry V. Jaffa Prof. Emeritus, Claremont Graduate School
- Brian T. Kennedy — President, the Claremont Institute
- Charles R. Kesler — Prof., Claremont McKenna College
- Thomas D. Klingenstein — Cohen, Klingenstein & Marks, Inc.
- Edwin C. Laird — President, Coatings Resources Group
- John Marini — Prof., University of Nevada at Reno
- Kenneth Petersen — Partner, Tax and Financial Group
- Carl Schafer — The Atlantic Foundation
- Peter W. Schramm — Executive Director, John M. Ashbrook Center for Public Affairs
- W. Robert Stover —Westaff, Inc
- Brian F. Sullivan — Co-Chairman, SimonDelivers.com
- Thomas G. West — Prof., University of Dallas
Board of Advisors
- Roberta Green Ahmanson — Fieldstead & Co.
- Richard B. Cammack — President, Cammack and Associates
- Henrietta Fankhauser — Livermore, California
- Daniel J. Frederick — Wayzata, Minnesota
- Michael Maibach
- Donald E. Moe — Senior Vice President, The Irvine Company
- Gregory R. Palen — President, Palen/Kimball Company
- Thomas K. Phillips — Chairman, Phillips International, Inc.
- Pat Sajak
- Johnny Zamrzla
Claremont Institute Links
- The Acton Institute
- The American Civil Rights Institute
- The American Enterprise Institute
- The Ashbrook Center
- Center of the American Experiment
- Center for Security Policy
- Council for International Security
- The Discovery Institute
- Empower America
- Ethics and Public Policy Center
- Faith and Reason
- Federalist Society
- Freedom House
- The Heritage Foundation
- The Independent Women's Forum
- The Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis
- Institute for Justice
- Institute of the North
- Institute of World Politics
- Landmark Legal Foundation
- The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research
- Pacific Legal Fund (maybe should be Pacific Legal Foundation ???)
- Pacific Research Institute
- Washington Legal Foundation
- Young America's Foundation
- 250 West First Street, Suite 330
- Claremont, CA 91711
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (909) 621-6825
- FAX: (909) 626-8724
- Website: www.claremont.org