Center for Global Development
|Center for Global Development|
|Motto||Independent research and practical ideas for global prosperity.|
|Headquarters||2055 L Street NW|
|Sponsored by||Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Covington & Burling, DFID, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Norway/Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Open Philanthropy, Open Society Foundations, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Rockefeller Foundation, UNDP, World Bank|
The Center for Global Development (CGD) was founded in 2001 and describes itself as 'an independent, not-for-profit think tank that works to reduce global poverty and inequality by encouraging policy change in the U.S. and other rich countries through rigorous research and active engagement with the policy community'.
The Center works to influence not only the policies and practices of countries but also global institutions such as the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund and the World Trade Organization. The Center is supported by a significant contributions from private foundations, international organizations, governments, corporations and individuals and has an annual operating budget of more than $6 million.
- Alexander B Cummings is reported to have served the Center for Global Development's Commission on U.S. Policy toward Low-Income Poorly Performing States (LIPPS). Cummings has worked with the Coca Cola Company since 1997 and became the company's President and CEO (Africa Group) in 2001
Funding and Sponsorship
In January 2008, the CGD list the following as their sponsors...
- ABN AMRO Bank
- Agence Française de Développement
- Anonymous Donor (2)
- Asian Development Bank
- Australian Agency for International Development
- Better World Fund
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Canadian International Development Agency
- The Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Citigroup Foundation
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Commonwealth Secretariat – UK
- Conrad N Hilton Foundation
- Covington and Burling
- The David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- The Department for International Development -U.K.
- Development Alternatives Inc.
- Energy Futures Inc.
- Forum One Communications
- The Initiative for Global Development
- Global Development Network
- The Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Grayson Family Foundation
- Hurlburt-Johnson Charitable Trust/Peninsula Community Foundation
- The Harmon Foundation
- International Development Research Centre (Canada)
- International Institute of Economics
- The Jacob and Hilda Blaustein Foundation
- James P Grant Trust for International Social Development
- Japan Bank for International Cooperation
- The John D and Catherine T MacArthur Foundation
- Magna International Inc.
- Make a Mark Foundation
- Microsoft Corporation
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs for Development Cooperation (Sweden)
- The Nathan Cummings Foundation
- The Nike Foundation
- Open Society Institute
- Open Society Institute Development Foundation
- The Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- Royal Danish Embassy
- Royal Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of Norway
- Smith Richardson Foundation Inc.
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- The Tinker Foundation Inc.
- United Nations Development Programme
- United Nations Foundation
- United Nations Office for Project Services
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- The World Bank Group
Events carried out
|A Spreading Plague||Germany|
2019 Munich Security Conference
|Tabletop simulation of a global biological warfare attack predicting an apocalyptic outcome. Included several senior pandemic planners. Held February 2019.|
|Preventing Global Catastrophic Biological Risks||Germany|
Munich Security Conference
|Simulation of a global influenza pandemic predicting an apocalyptic outcome. Held February 2020, with a who-is-who of pandemic planners. Held February 2020.|
|Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation||Very influential and rich foundation established to take leadership of global health.|
|Covington & Burling||Washington DC law firm with deep state connections|
|Microsoft||Started in 1975 with Paul Allen, Bill Gates developed Microsoft from a operating system maker of computers into one of the most prolific companies of all time, valued over $1 trillion, 3rd most valuable in the world. MS has over a billion in fines from corruption, mass surveillance violations & tax evasion. MS has market shares in dozens of markets, leading in the Platformization-epidemic of the 2010s started by big tech. It was the first partner in the NSA-PRISM program.|
|Norway/Ministry of Foreign Affairs||A significant donor to NGOs and planning organizations. Many of the recipients dovetail with NATO objectives like regime changes and controlling the narrative.|
|Open Philanthropy||Grant maker funneling deep state money among other things to pandemic planning. Financed Event 201.|
|Open Society Foundations||A NGO operating in more countries than McDonald's. It has the tendency to support politicians (at times through astroturfing) and activists that get branded as "extreme left" as its founder is billionaire and bane of the pound George Soros. This polarizing perspective causes the abnormal influence of the OSF to go somewhat unanswered.|
|Rockefeller Brothers Fund|