| Boeing |
(Corporation, Arms manufacturer, Aerospace manufacturer)
|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Subgroups||• Aviall Services|
• Boeing Aircraft Holding Company
• Boeing Australia
• Boeing Canada
• Boeing Capital Corporation
• Boeing Commercial Space Company
• Boeing Defence UK
• Continental data graphics
• Boeing Intelligence & Analytics
|Interest of||Mahathir Mohamad|
|Member of||Atlantic Council/Corporate Members, European Policy Centre, Transatlantic Policy Network|
|Sponsor of||Obama Foundation, Center for American Progress, Science Media Centre|
|US based arms manufacturer which also makes civilian aircraft of sometimes dubious reliability.|
Boeing is a US based arms manufacturer which also makes civilian aircraft. In 2019 Alex Kane listed them as the #1 war profiteer from the War in Yemen.
In 1997 Boeing took over McDonnell Douglas.
737 MAX Crisis
On 29 October 2018, Lion Air Flight 610, a Boeing 737 MAX model aircraft, crashed in the Java Sea, killing all 189 occupants.
On 10 March 2019, Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302, also a Boeing 737 MAX aircraft, crashed in Tulu Fara--a village in Ethiopia--resulting in the deaths of 157 occupants.
The next day, on 11 March 2019, China's Civil Aviation Administration issued grounding orders for all Boeing 737 MAX aircraft. As of 8 October 2021, the order is still in effect.
On 13 March 2019, the US Federal Aviation Administration issued grounding orders for all Boeing 737 MAX aircraft.. The order expired 18 November 2020
On 23 December 2019, CEO Dennis Muilenberg announced his resignation from the company, ostensibly to repair Boeing's relationships with regulators and stakeholders in the wake of the air disasters.
In 2018, Donald Trump intervened on behalf of Boeing to move forward on a $10 billion fighter jet deal that had been stalled for more than a year.
|Malaysia Airlines Flight 370||“This report makes no attempt or claim to prove that the large low flying jet plane seen over Kudahuvadhoo that fateful early morning was MH 370. It merely sets the record straight that the jet plane that overflew Kudahuvadhoo has not yet been identified. The Maldives government first claimed there was "no plane", then the plane was a "private jet", then fifteen months later a "domestic propeller plane flight", then back to "no plane", then finally to say it cannot be discussed due to "national security".”||Blaine Gibson||2016|
|Malaysia Airlines Flight 370||“Clearly Boeing and certain agencies have the capacity to take over ‘uninterruptible control’ of commercial airliners of which MH370 B777 is one. Someone is hiding something, it is not fair that… Malaysia should take the blame. For some reason, the media will not print anything that involves Boeing or the CIA"”||Mahathir Mohamad||2014|
|Malaysia Airlines Flight 370||“My own view is that probably control was taken of that aeroplane, the events that happened during the course of its tracked flight will be anybody's guess of who did what and when. I think we need to know who was on this aeroplane in the detail that obviously some people do know, we need to know what was in the hold of the aeroplane, in the detail we need to know, in a transparent manner.”||Tim Clark||November 2014|
|Malaysia Airlines Flight 370/Blaine Alan Gibson's research||“This report makes no attempt or claim to prove that the large low flying jet plane seen over Kudahuvadhoo that fateful early morning was MH 370. It merely sets the record straight that the jet plane that overflew Kudahuvadhoo has not yet been identified. The Maldives government first claimed there was "no plane", then the plane was a "private jet", then fifteen months later a "domestic propeller plane flight", then back to "no plane", then finally to say it cannot be discussed due to "national security".”||Blaine Gibson||2016|
Employee on Wikispooks
|Roger Bone||President of Boeing UK||2005||2014|
- ↑ http://inthesetimes.com/features/us-saudi-arabia-yemen-war-arms-sales.html
- ↑ https://www.cbsnews.com/news/indonesia-plane-crash-lion-air-flight-jt610-aviation-disaster-jakarta-today-2018-10-29-live-updates/
- ↑ https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ethiopia-airplane/ethiopian-airlines-flight-crashes-killing-157-idUSKBN1QR07V
- ↑ https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-grounds-all-boeing-737-max-8-jets-after-ethiopian-airlines-crash-11552271191
- ↑ https://www.npr.org/2019/03/13/702936894/ethiopian-pilot-had-problems-with-boeing-737-max-8-flight-controls-he-wasnt-alon
- ↑ https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/boeing-737-max-ungrounded/2020/11/18/c4d6c1a8-2902-11eb-8fa2-06e7cbb145c0_story.html
- ↑ https://www.defensenews.com/industry/2019/12/23/boeing-ceo-dennis-muilenburg-to-step-down-immediately/
- ↑ https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-arms-insight/arming-the-world-inside-trumps-buy-american-drive-to-expand-weapons-exports-idUSKBN1HO2PT
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|