|Born||Teddy Andrew George Ryan|
|Alma mater||London Oratory School|
Teddy Ryan is Regional Director of the Labour Party who was cited on page 53 of Labour's internal report on antisemitism that was leaked in April 2020:
Local election candidate
On 14 July 2022, Not the Andrew Marr Show tweeted:
- Why was Labour’s South East Region Regional Director, Teddy Ryan, allowed to stand as a local election candidate?
The results in Hawkwell West ward at Rochford DC on 5 May 2022 were as follows:
- Conservative Julie Gooding 837 votes 49.6%
- Rochford Resident Andrea Styles 658 votes 39.0%
- Labour Teddy Ryan 191 votes 11.3%
- Majority 179 10.6%
- Turnout 1,686 33.7%
On 26 November 2020, @Momentum_Luton tweeted:
- "Attempting to stifle solidarity with @jeremycorbyn, @EofELabour have unilaterally cancelled tonight's Luton North CLP meeting, also threatening members with suspensions.
- "This is not the first example of bullying behaviour by @TeddyAGRyan, a right-winger named in the #LabourLeaks."
Teddy Ryan was drafted to assist the 2017 Copeland by-election campaign and ensure that the result reflected badly upon Jeremy Corbyn.When Tory Trudy Harrison was elected with 13,748 votes (44.3%) and Labour's Gill Troughton came second with 11,601 (37.4%), the mainstream media predictably put the blame entirely on Jeremy Corbyn even though had Labour maintained the 42.3% of the vote that was enough for Jamie Reed to win in 2015, it would still have been beaten by the Tories in the 2017 by-election. The real story in Copeland is the collapse in the UKIP vote which fell from 15.5% in 2015 to just 6.5% (2,025 votes) in 2017. This 9% fall in the UKIP vote share is almost exactly matched by the Tories 8.5% increase. Those statistics show that Ukippers are abandoning their party in droves in order to throw their support behind the Tories now that Theresa May is pushing a rabidly right-wing authoritarian more-UKIP-than-UKIP political agenda.
- Lukey Stanger; and,
In December 2020, Eastern Region’s husband and wife team of ‘trot hunters’, Deputy Director Teddy Ryan, and his wife Hollie Ridley, Regional Director emailed CLPs that were attempting to break the ban on supporting Jeremy Corbyn:
“Therefore all motions which touch on these issues must be ruled out of order.
“This is a ruling that has come direct from the General Secretary of the Labour Party on behalf of the NEC and so is not subject to the procedure of being over-turned on a two thirds majority. This ruling is binding.”
- "The work of the Labour Party’s Governance and Legal Unit in relation to antisemitism, 2014 - 2019, The Labour Party, March 2020"
- "Why was Labour’s South East Region Regional Director, Teddy Ryan, allowed to stand as a local election candidate?"
- "This is not the first example of bullying behaviour by Teddy Ryan"
- "Labour right are trying to lose two by-elections. But Oldham West applies"
- "An alternative look at the Copeland By-Election result"
- "Confronting Antisemitism & Engaging Jewish Voters"
- "REGIONAL BOSS’S ATTEMPT TO JUSTIFY TEARING UP THE LABOUR PARTY RULE BOOK"