President's Intelligence Advisory Board
|President's Intelligence Advisory Board|
|Founder||Dwight D. Eisenhower|
President's Intelligence Advisory Board/Chair|
Incumbent: Neal Wolin
Since 24 May 2015
•President's Intelligence Advisory Board/Chair|
The President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board is "a group of independent, non-governmental experts whose job is to evaluate the quality and adequacy of American foreign intelligence efforts. By communicating with department heads, conducting onsite inspections, and accessing classified information, PFIAB looks for deficiencies in the collection, analysis, and reporting of intelligence."
George H. W. Bush
George H. W. Bush first formed an opinion of PFIAB while serving as Gerald Ford's Director of Central Intelligence. He reportedly distrusted the board, and reduced its membership from fifteen to six, called on it only sparingly. Michael S. Swetnam worked as a 'Special Consultant'.
The following other members were appointed to the board in December 2009:
- Roel Campos
- Richard Danzig appointed on December 1, 2010
- Lee H. Hamilton, former vice chairman of the 9/11 Commission
- Rita Hauser
- Paul G. Kaminski
- Ellen Laipson, president and CEO of the Henry L. Stimson Center
- Les Lyles
- Daniel Meltzer appointed on December 1, 2010
- Jami Miscik appointed December 23, 2009
- Mona Sutphen appointed on September 6, 2011
- Philip Zelikow appointed on September 6, 2011
- Thomas E. Wheeler appointed on April 27, 2011
- Texas oilman Ray Hunt is no longer serving as a presidential adviser on intelligence issues
- Office of the Press Secretary. "Remarks by the President Before Meeting with the President's Intelligence Advisory Board Co-Chairmen and Senior Leadership of the Intelligence Community". Press release. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-meeting-with-presidents-intelligence-advisory-board-co-chairmen-a. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- Office of the Press Secretary. "President Obama Announces Members of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board". Press release. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/president-obama-announces-members-presidents-intelligence-advisory-board.
- Office of the Press Secretary. "President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts". Press release. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2010/12/01/president-obama-announces-more-key-administration-posts. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
- White House Press Secretary, President Obama Announces Members of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board, December 23, 2009
- Office of the Press Secretary. "President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts". Press release. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/09/06/president-obama-announces-more-key-administration-posts-0. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
- Office of the Press Secretary. "President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts". Press release. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/04/27/president-obama-announces-more-key-administration-posts.
|Display date||1956 - Present +|
|Display docType||WikiSpooks Page +|
|Display image||File:Group.png +|
|Has founder||Dwight D. Eisenhower +|
|Has fullPageName||President's Intelligence Advisory Board +|
|Has fullPageNamee||President%27s_Intelligence_Advisory_Board +|
|Has leader||President's Intelligence Advisory Board/Chair +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass||Group +|
|Has objectClass2||Group +|
|Has revisionSize||4,010 +|
|Has revisionUser||Robin +|
|Has wikipediaPage||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President's_Foreign_Intelligence_Advisory_Board +|
|Has wikipediaPage2||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President's_Foreign_Intelligence_Advisory_Board +|
|Is not stub||true +|