Emma Dent Coad
|Emma Dent Coad MP|
Chelsea, London, England
|Alma mater||Royal College of Art|
Emma Dent Coad was born in Chelsea as the youngest of six in an Anglo-Spanish family, and has lived in North Kensington since 1986. She was elected to Kensington and Chelsea London Borough Council in 2006, representing Golborne ward. She is a member of the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority and was a council-appointed board member of Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation from 2008 to 31 October 2012.
Coad is studying for a PhD at the University of Liverpool's School of Architecture on "Constructing Modern Spain: Architecture, Politics and Ideology under Franco, 1939-1975", which she has put on hold for a period on being elected.
Member of Parliament
Emma Dent Coad was elected MP for Kensington in the 2017 General Election after she defeated the former Conservative Party MP Victoria Borwick with a majority of 20, overturning a 7,020 majority. The announcement was finally made at around 9pm on 9 June 2017 after three recounts.
Grenfell Tower fire
The residents of the Grenfell Tower block destroyed by fire on 14 June 2017 have been failed and betrayed by the local council, Kensington's new MP Emma Dent Coad said, expressing fury at the way Kensington and Chelsea had treated its social housing tenants.
She said residents made homeless by the fire were increasingly concerned that they would be rehoused outside of the borough, in cheaper places far from London such as Hastings or Peterborough where the council has tried to rehouse tenants previously.
Having campaigned against poor social housing in the borough for decades and documented the poor quality of estate redevelopment schemes, she said:
- “I can’t help thinking that poor quality materials and construction standards may have played a part in this hideous and unforgivable event.
- “People in Grenfell Tower have been complaining that the aesthetic refit hadn’t helped them at all. It was more about making it look better for the people who want to regenerate the estate.”
- "Labour take Kensington from the Tories for first time since 1974 creation of constituency"
- Kensington Labour: "Our parliamentary candidate for Kensington"
- "Welcome to Golborne Ward". The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. Retrieved 10 June 2017.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Councillor Emma Dent Coad". London Fire Brigade. Retrieved 10 June 2017.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "KCTMO AGM papers August 2012" (PDF). Retrieved 15 June 2017.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Financial statements for year end 31st March 2013" (PDF). Retrieved 14 June 2017.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Current PhD Students - School of Architecture - University of Liverpool". http://www.liverpool.ac.uk. External link in
- The Daily Politics, BBC, 13 June 2017
- Slawson, Nicola (9 June 2017). "Labour rounds off remarkable election with narrow victory in Kensington". The Guardian. Retrieved 10 June 2017.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Simpson, Fiona (9 June 2017). "General Election 2017: Labour's Emma Dent Coad wins Kensington seat after THIRD recount". Evening Standard. Retrieved 9 June 2017.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "'Unforgivable': local Labour MP vents fury over Grenfell Tower fire"
|Born on||November 15, 1954 +|
|Display born on||15 November 1954 +|
|Display docType||Wikispooks Page +|
|Display image||File:Emma_Dent_Coad.jpg +|
|Display lifespan||Born 15 November 1954 +|
|Has almaMater||Royal College of Art +|
|Has bilderbergCount||0 +|
|Has birthPlace||Chelsea +, London + and England +|
|Has cercleCount||0 +|
|Has fullPageName||Emma Dent Coad +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Emma_Dent_Coad +|
|Has image2||File:Emma_Dent_Coad.jpg +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass||Person +|
|Has objectClass2||Person +|
|Has posting||Member of Parliament for Kensington +|
|Has revisionSize||4,879 +|
|Has revisionUser||MaintenanceBot +|
|Has website||http://www.emmadentcoad.co.uk/ +|
|Has wikipediaPage||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma Dent Coad +|
|Has wikipediaPage2||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Dent_Coad +|
|Is not stub||true +|
|Has subobject||Emma Dent Coad +|