| Anthony Albanese |
|Born||Anthony Norman Albanese|
2 March 1963
Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia
|Alma mater||University of Sydney|
New Prime Minister of Australia
Anthony Albanese was elected Prime Minister of Australia in 2022.
Climate change is his top priority. Also removing Queen Elizabeth II as head of state is on the agenda.
He has appointed more women to the cabinet than ever before; including two WEF/Young Global Leaders, Clare O'Neil and Anne Aly.
He was being urged by his Labor backbenchers to intervene into the Julian Assange trial. He visited Volodymyr Zelensky in Ukraine in July 2022.
Albanese is a supporter of AUKUS.
Appointments by Anthony Albanese
|Anne Aly||Minister for Youth||1 June 2022|
|Anne Aly||Minister for Early Childhood Education||1 June 2022|
|Richard Marles||Deputy Leader of the Australian Labor Party||30 May 2019|
|Richard Marles||Australia/Deputy Prime Minister||23 May 2022|
|Richard Marles||Australia/Minister/Defence||1 June 2022|
|Richard Marles||Australia/Deputy Leader of the Opposition||30 May 2019||23 May 2022|
|Clare O'Neil||Australia/Minister/Home Affairs||1 June 2022|
|Kevin Rudd||Australia/Ambassador/US||20 March 2023|
|Penny Wong||Australia/Minister/Foreign Affairs||23 May 2022|
|Paul Keating||“The Albanese Government’s complicity in joining with Britain and the United States in a tripartite build of a nuclear submarine for Australia under the AUKUS arrangements represents the worst international decision by an Australian Labor government since...World War One...And that approach was to have the United States supply nuclear submarines for deep and joint operations against China...|
And how did this come to be? The answer lies in Anthony Albanese’s reliance on two seriously unwise ministers. Penny Wong and Richard Marles....Labor’s valiant three fell immediately into line – they would join the neo-cons in the Office of National Intelligence, ASPI, the country’s principal US apologist, the security agencies and the hapless Defence department....Indeed, two of our major dailies, the Sydney Morning Herald and the Age, have for five years now, argued the notion of war against China. Or readiness for war.”
|Paul Keating||15 March 2023|
- ↑ https://inews.co.uk/news/world/who-is-anthony-albanese-story-australia-new-prime-minister-1643827
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/jun/01/anthony-albanese-to-create-climate-super-department-in-bureaucratic-shake-up
- ↑ https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10876781/Anthony-Albanese-reveals-plan-scrap-monarchy-Queen-dies.html
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/31/anthony-albanese-boasts-of-appointing-largest-number-of-women-ever-in-an-australian-cabinet
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/jun/02/labor-backbenchers-urge-albanese-to-stay-true-to-his-values-on-julian-assange-trial
- ↑ https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/visa-options-for-ukrainians-seeking-refuge-in-australia-are-changing-heres-whats-happening/h3uopnbwi
- ↑ https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-13/aukus-submarine-deal-to-support-20000-jobs-next-30-years/102087324