Graham E. Fuller
| Graham E. Fuller |
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Member of||Sibel Edmonds/State Secrets Privilege Gallery|
|Interest of||Henri Barkey|
His daughter married the uncle of a Boston Bombing suspect. The Turkish government has charged Fuller in connection with the failed Turkish coup.
Graham E. Fuller is a former Vice Chairman of the National Intelligence Council who was identified as implicated by Sibel Edmonds.
On 15 February 1988, the New York Times reported:
- Mr Fuller's name came to public attention last year when it was disclosed that he was the author of a think piece circulated in the intelligence community in May 1985 suggesting the possiblity of pursuing openings in Iran.
- The study was instrumental in persuading some top-ranking Reagan Administration policy makers to begin considering covert contacts with Iranian leaders. It eventually led to the covert sale of United States weapons to Tehran in what became the Iran-Contra affair.
- Graham Fuller is now a senior political scientist with the Rand Corporation, the research and consulting organisation.
Fuller has admitted that his daughter was previously married to an uncle of the suspects in the Boston Marathon attacks, and that they "lived in our house in [Maryland] for a year or so", but he insists that stories on the Internet implying “possible connections between Ruslan and the Agency through me are absurd”.
On 1st December 2017, "Turkish prosecutors issued an arrest warrant for Graham E. Fuller, former head of the CIA’s National Intelligence Council and former CIA head of Middle East and East Asia operations. The warrant claims Fuller was in the vicinity of Istanbul the night of the coup attempt at a meeting with another top “former” CIA person, Henri Barkey. It claims both CIA veterans were meeting at the five-star Splendid Hotel on the island of Büyükada some 20 minutes boat ride from Istanbul."
“The policy of guiding the evolution of Islam and of helping them against our adversaries worked marvellously well in Afghanistan against the Red Army. The same doctrines can still be used to destabilize what remains of Russian power, and especially to counter the Chinese influence in Central Asia”
Graham E. Fuller (2005) 
- "Toward a Policy on Iran"
- "THE FULLER MEMORANDUM – MAY 1985"
- "Washington Talk: Briefing; C.I.A. Secrets"
- Congressional Record, Volume 151, Part 17, U.S. Congress, October 7 to 26, 2005