| William Colby |
(spook, deep politician)
|Born||William Egan Colby|
St. Paul, Minnesota
|Died||April 27, 1996 (Age 76)|
Rock Point, Maryland
|Alma mater||Princeton University, Columbia Law School|
|Children||5 children w/Heinzen|
|Member of||Association of Former Intelligence Officers, Center for Strategic and International Studies/Board and Staff, Committee on the Present Danger/Members, Knights of Malta, Le Cercle|
- Committee on the Present Danger (1976 version)
On Saturday, April 27, 1996, Colby died in what Wikipedia says "appears to be a boating accident" near his home in Rock Point, Maryland.
The Maryland state coroner ruled that Colby had suffered either a heart attack or a stroke and then fallen into the water and drowned. Most of Colby's family and his biographer viewed a suicide as completely inconsistent with his character. However, in a biographical documentary developed by his son Carl Colby, he speculated that Colby had simply "...had enough of this life."
Some have suggested that since Colby was revealing information which was damaging to the CIA, his death may have been a CIA damage limitation exercise.. The boating accident story has been termed a "highly suspicious death", even "laughable".
Events Participated in
|Colloquium on Analysis and Estimates||30 November 1979||1 December 1979||Spooky 1979 Washington conference|
|Colloquium on Intelligence and Policy||9 November 1984||10 November 1984||A spooky conference in November 1984|
|Document:Affidavit of William Casey||Wikispooks Page||William Casey||An admission by William Casey, DCI, that he approved smuggling of cocaine into USA, having chosen Mena, Arkansas as a shipment point, with the support of Bill Clinton and Bill Weld. Casey names a range of names, including John Poindexter, Robert McFarlane, Oliver North and William Colby, the CIA, NSA and ASA.|
- Document:Masters of Persuasion
- https://larouchepub.com/eiw/public/1997/eirv24n05-19970124/eirv24n05-19970124_066-nebraska_pedophile_scandal_is_re.pdf EIR Volume 24, Number 5, January 24, 1997
- "Post Mortem Examination Report, Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, State of Maryland, Report on Death of William E. Colby" (PDF). Huffington Post.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "CSS").
- Maraniss, David (2011-12-02). "The William Colby We Knew". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2011-12-08.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "CSS").
- Wilkie, Christina (2011-12-05). "Former CIA Director's Death Raises Questions, Divides Family". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2011-12-08.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "CSS").
- "WHO MURDERED THE CIA CHIEF?".Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "CSS").