| William Colby |
(spook, deep politician)
William Egan Colby|
St. Paul, Minnesota
1996-04-27 (Age 76)|
Rock Point, Maryland
|Alma mater||Princeton University, Columbia Law School|
|Children||5 children w/Heinzen|
|Member of||Association of Former Intelligence Officers, Knights of Malta, Le Cercle|
- Committee on the Present Danger (1976 version)
On Saturday, April 27, 1996, Colby died in what Wikipedia says "appears to be a boating accident" near his home in Rock Point, Maryland.
The Maryland state coroner ruled that Colby had suffered either a heart attack or a stroke and had fallen into the water and drowned. Most of Colby's family and his biographer viewed a suicide as completely inconsistent with his character. However, in a biographical documentary developed by his son Carl Colby, he speculated that Colby had simply "...had enough of this life."
Some have suggested that since Colby was revealing information which was damaging to the CIA, his death may have been a CIA damage limitation exercise.. The boating accident story has been termed a "highly suspicious death", even "laughable".
- Document:Masters of Persuasion
- "Post Mortem Examination Report, Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, State of Maryland, Report on Death of William E. Colby" (PDF). Huffington Post.
- Maraniss, David (2011-12-02). "The William Colby We Knew". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- Wilkie, Christina (2011-12-05). "Former CIA Director's Death Raises Questions, Divides Family". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- "WHO MURDERED THE CIA CHIEF?".
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|