Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity
|Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity|
|Membership||• Eugene D. Betit|
• William Binney
• Marshall Carter-Tripp
• Thomas Drake
• Bogdan Dzakovic
• Robert Furukawa
• Philip Giraldi
• Mike Gravel
• Matthew Hoh
• Larry C. Johnson
• Michael S. Kearns
• John Brady Kiesling
• John Kiriakou
• Linda Lewis
• Lisa Ling
• Edward Loomis
• David MacMichael
• Ray McGovern
• Elizabeth Murray
• Torin Nelson
• Todd E. Pierce
• Coleen Rowley
• Scott Ritter
• Peter Van Buren
• Kirk Wiebe
• Sarah G. Wilton
• Robert Wing
• Ann Wright
|Association of former US intelligence and intelligence evaluation professionals. Writes memos casting doubt on the Official Narrative in several deep events.|
Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS) is an association of mostly former US intelligence and intelligence evaluation professionals, founded in 2003. VIPS and its members comment critically on the security policy of the USA or individual aspects of it. It sees itself as an organization committed to ethical conduct, integrity and against the misuse of intelligence information.
Starting with the 2003 Invasion of Iraq, VIPS has written memos on several deep politics topics, such as the schemes to start a war with Iran, the persecution of Julian Assange, CIA torture, Russiagate, the false flag gas attacks in Syria, and MH-17.
It has received criticism from different parts of corporate media for doubting Official Narratives, first from the "right" for criticizing the Iraq war; then from the "left" for the war in Syria, the events in the Ukraine, and especially for casting doubt on Russiagate.
Israeli influence: The August 2010 memo
On August 3, 2010, VIPS publicly released another memorandum for the President claiming that the government of Israel has a record of deceiving the U.S. government and estimated that Israel would unilaterally attack Iran "as early as this month." The letter also alleges that the "Likud Lobby" has disproportionate influence on U.S. policy, giving the example of a visit to Israel by Senators John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Joseph Lieberman.
- 7 February 2003: VIPS MEMORANDUM sent to President George Walker Bush (published in Common Dreams).
- 15 February 2003: VIPS: "CIA says NO. U.S. Intelligence Officers Say Bush Out of His Mind on Iraq War" by Ray McGovern for NowToronto.com.
- 16 March 2003: VIPS MEMORANDUM: "Memorandum for Confused Americans. Cooking Intelligence for War" posted at LI Politics Message Board Forum by Ray McGovern: Appended and translated March 6, 2003, transcript from German Channel One's Panorama interview with former CIA officers, including Ray McGovern and David MacMichael, "to discuss the use/abuse of intelligence to support the US administration's case for attacking Iraq."
- 18 March 2003: VIPS "Memo to the President: Forgery, Hyperbole, Half-Truth: A Problem" posted Timothy D. O'Hare on March 20, 2003 -- "Veteran US Spooks Strongly Doubt Bush's Iraq Case" -- at ForeignPolicy.com.
- 26 April 2003: VIPS Memorandum: "The Stakes in the Search for Weapons of Mass Destruction" by David MacMichael and Ray McGovern; "Weapons of Mass Distraction: Where? Find? Plant?" in Scoop.
- 1 May 2003: "Intelligence Officers Challenge Bush" - VIPS Memorandum for the President: "Intelligence Fiasco" at BNfP.org; Also.
- 17 May 2003: "The Moment of Lies Has Arrived" by Hwaa Irfan, Staff Writer, IslamOnline: VIPS credited with bringing "to light" the forged Iraqi documents that were "supposed to provide evidence for Iraq's weapons of mass destruction."
- 19 May 2003: VIPS Letter sent via fax to Kofi Annan, Secretary General of the United Nations: "We Are Perplexed at the US Refusal to Permit the Return of UN Inspectors to Iraq" (published in Dissident Voice, May 21, 2003). Also at Truthout.
- 25 May 2003: VIPS: Opinion: "U.N. needs inspectors to return to Iraq", Birmingham News.
- 14 July 2003: "Cheney Must Go", an open letter to Pres. Bush published by Salon.com.
- A Call for Proof on Syria-Sarin Attack 2015
- Intel Vets Urge Fast Report on Clinton’s Emails 2016
- Judith Miller’s Blame-Shifting Memoir 2015
- Obama Should Release MH-17 Intel 2015
- Extradition of Julian Assange Threatens Us All
- Time for Proof on Syrian CW Attack 2013
- Trump Should Rethink Syria Escalation 2017
- Orwellian Cloud Hovers Over Russia-gate 2018
- My First Day as CIA Director 2018
- A Demand for Russian ‘Hacking’ Proof 2017
- US Intel Vets Decry CIA’s Use of Torture 2015
A Document by Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity
|Title||Document type||Publication date||Subject(s)||Description|
|Document:Obama Should Release MH-17 Intel||Memorandum||22 July 2015||Malaysia Airlines Flight 17||US Intelligence Officials Demand that Obama Release MH-17 Intel|
13 of the 28 of the members already have pages here:
|William Binney||Former senior technical director of the NSA, in charge of thousands of employees, William Binney resigned after 9-11 to blow the whistle on fraud and corruption.|
|Peter van Buren||Foreign Service official who exposed the extremely wasteful and ineffective spending during the reconstruction effort after the 2003 Iraq War.|
|Tom Drake||NSA employee who blew the whistle on their illegal surveillance.|
|Bogdan Dzakovic||A 14-year veteran of the Security Division of the Federal Aviation Administration who warned his superior that the air security system was next to useless, but was not heeded.|
|Philip Giraldi||CIA/DIA spook and “terrorism expert”|
|Mike Gravel||US politician who read the Pentagon Papers into the US Congressional record and publicly criticised the 9-11/Official narrative|
|John Kiriakou||The only CIA officer to go to prison for reasons connected to their torturing of suspects - the first whistleblower.|
|David MacMichael||CIA whistleblower who went public with information that the Reagan Administration was planning a coup d’état against the Nicaraguan government.|
|Ray McGovern||Raymond McGovern is a former CIA veteran who chaired National Intelligence Estimates and personally delivered intelligence briefings to Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush, their Vice Presidents, Secretaries of State, the Joint Chiefs of Staff etc.|
|Scott Ritter||UN weapons inspector in Iraq from 1991 to 1998, who exposed the lies about Saddam's WMDs.|
|Coleen Rowley||Whistleblower who exposed the FBI's cover-up of the information from the Minneapolis FBI field office that might have prevented the 9/11 attacks.|
|Kirk Wiebe||NSA whistleblower on waste and warrantless searches.|
- ↑ http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,81148,00.html
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/story/checking-your-sources
- ↑ http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/08/the-nation-article-about-the-dnc-hack-is-incoherent.html
- ↑ a b https://web.archive.org/web/20171023185531/http://www.jpost.com/International/Obama-misplaced-trust-in-Netanyahu
- ↑ Dana Karni, https://web.archive.org/web/20100815051300/http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/08/05/will-israel-bomb-iran-this-month/?test=latestnews
- ↑ https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/11/trump-should-rethink-syria-escalation/