Mohamed Chande Othman
| Justice Othman |
1 January 1952|
|Alma mater||University of Dar es Salaam, Webster University|
Mohamed Chande Othman (born 1 January 1952) is the former Chief Justice of Tanzania, a position he held from 28 December 2010 to 18 January 2017 after stints as both a High Court and Appeal Court Judge.
Justice Othman’s previous experience includes that of Prosecutor General of East Timor, Chief of Prosecutions of the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR), and Senior Legal Adviser to the Prosecutor of the ICTR. In addition, he has also worked with the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
Under the flag of the United Nations, Justice Othman has served as:
- Head of the UN Independent Panel of Experts, charged with the assessment and examination of new information relating to the tragic death of the former UN Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjöld.
- Member of the UN Human Rights Council’s High-Level Commission of Inquiry into the Situation in Lebanon following the Israel-Lebanon Armed Conflict in 2006.
- The UN Human Rights Council‘s Independent Expert on the human rights situation in the Sudan (2009-2010).
His publications include books and peer-reviewed papers on International Humanitarian Law, Refugee Law, Criminal Law and Evidence, and Peacekeeping.
|UN Wants to Know If Spy Agencies Hold Answer to Dag Hammarskjöld’s Death||Article||15 July 2017||Alan Cowell|
|After 56 years and many investigations, there is new hope that secrets lurking in Western intelligence archives could solve "the biggest whodunnit" in United Nations history: the mysterious death of Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjöld...|
- "THE JUDICIARY OF TANZANIA GETS A NEW CHIEF JUSTICE". judiciary.go.tz. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- "Kikwete appoints Othman as new Chief Justice". Mwananchi Communications. 27 December 2010. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- "Biography Mohamed Chande Othman"
|Born on||1 January 1952 +|
|Display born on||1 January 1952 +|
|Display docType||Wikispooks Page +|
|Display image||File:Justice_Othman.jpg +|
|Display lifespan||Born 1 January 1952 +|
|Has almaMater||University of Dar es Salaam + and Webster University +|
|Has bilderbergCount||0 +|
|Has birthPlace||Tanganyika Territory +|
|Has cercleCount||0 +|
|Has fullPageName||Mohamed Chande Othman +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Mohamed_Chande_Othman +|
|Has image2||File:Justice_Othman.jpg +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass||Person +|
|Has objectClass2||Person +|
|Has posting||Chief Justice of Tanzania +|
|Has revisionSize||2,436 +|
|Has revisionUser||Robin +|
|Has wikipediaPage||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Chande_Othman +|
|Has wikipediaPage2||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Chande_Othman +|
|Is not stub||true +|
"Has subobject" is a predefined property representing a container construct that allows to accumulate property-value assignments similar to that of a normal wiki page.
|Mohamed Chande Othman +|