| Louis Mountbatten |
Prince Louis Francis Albert Victor Nicholas of Battenberg|
Windsor, United Kingdom
27 August 1979 (Age 79)|
|Alma mater||Christ's College (Cambridge)|
• Patricia Knatchbull|
• Pamela Hicks
• Prince Louis of Battenberg|
• Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine
Lord Louis Mountbatten...
Attempt to create a "Commonwealth Bilderberg group"
Phillip Murphy has suggested that having attended Bilderberg "in the late 1950s and early 1960s" Harold Wilson was "sufficiently persuaded of [Bilderberg]'s value and influence in international matters to give consideration to the formation of a commonwealth Bilderberg group with Prince Phillip as its figurehead." This idea, promoted by Louis Mountbatten and Prince Phillip was ultimately unsuccessful.
Event Participated in
|Bilderberg/1965||2 April 1965 - 4 April 1965||Villa d'Este|
|Document:The CIA and Mountbatten||article||Steve Dorril|
- Bilderberg People: Elite Power and Consensus in World Affairs, p.30 Ian Richardson, Andrew Kakabadse, Nada Kakabadse
- By invitation only: Lord Mountbatten, Prince Philip, and the attempt to create a Commonwealth ‘Bilderberg group’, 1964–66 - The Journal of Imperial and Commonwealth History Volume 33, Issue 2, 2005 (Paywalled)?
- The Strange Demise of British Canada: The Liberals and Canadian Nationalism 1964-68 By C.P. Champion
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|