Campaign Against Antisemitism
|Motto||Justice, justice you shall pursue|
Campaign Against Antisemitism (CAA) is a United Kingdom non-governmental organisation formed in August 2014 by members of the Anglo-Jewish community during a major Israeli offensive against Gaza. It was registered as a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO) on 1 October 2015.
There was massive opposition to the attack on Gaza among the British public; an estimated 150,000 people took to the streets of London in one protest. Such was the climate of opinion that Sayeeda Warsi, then a Foreign Office minister, resigned from the government, describing its support for Israel as “morally indefensible.”
The Campaign Against Antisemitism organised a demonstration outside the Royal Courts of Justice in London in late August 2014, which it claimed was 4,500 strong. Its purpose was to link the protests against the attack on Gaza to anti-Semitism.
The CAA is chaired by Gideon Falter, who is also a board member of the Jewish National Fund which has a long history of supporting ethnic cleansing in Palestine. The aim of the CAA is to paint Palestine solidarity campaigning and opposition to Zionism as antisemitic. Its preferred McCarthyite tactic appears to be to target left-wing political activists, Corbyn supporters and journalists who are critical of Israel by abusing and smearing them with unsubstantiated allegations.
Prime Ministerial praise
Prime Minister Theresa May has praised the CAA for its work, and former Communities Secretary Sir Eric Pickles published an official statement in January 2015 welcoming the CAA's report on antisemitism.
|Document:British MPs won’t get to see ‘WitchHunt’ in the House of Commons – the very place it needs to be shown||Article||3 March 2019||Robert Cohen||The WitchHunt deserves to be widely seen. And it will be from Sunday 17th March 2019 when it goes online for free viewing.|
|Document:The witchfinders are now ready to burn Corbyn||Blog post||28 February 2019||Jonathan Cook||Jeremy Corbyn’s allies are being picked off one by one, from grassroots activists like Jackie Walker and Marc Wadsworth to higher-placed supporters like Chris Williamson and Seumas Milne. Soon Corbyn will stand alone, exposed before the inquisition that has been prepared for him.|
|Document:Why, as an avowed Corbynista, I will consider *not* voting Labour on June 8||Article||6 May 2017||Daniel Margrain||I have never voted tactically in the past, but given Newmark’s dubious Zionist credentials, I propose to do so in the General Election on June 8th|
- "Why, as an avowed Corbynista, I will consider *not* voting Labour on June 8"
- "1163790 - CAMPAIGN AGAINST ANTISEMITISM". Charity Commission.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Campaign Against Antisemitism is a campaign against Palestinians"
- Sarah K. Cardaun, (19 Jun 2015). Countering Contemporary Antisemitism in Britain: Government and Civil Society Responses between Universalism and Particularism. Brill Publishers. p. 152. ISBN 9789004300880.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Hate crimes against Jews up sharply in Britain, audit finds". The Times of Israel. 2016-05-01.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Researching antisemitism". Institute for Jewish Policy Research. 2015-01-14.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Theresa May remarks on rising antisemitism and work of CAA".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Government response: Campaign Against Antisemitism survey". 14 January 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Display docType||Wikispooks Page +|
|Display image||File:CAA.png +|
|Has fullPageName||Campaign Against Antisemitism +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Campaign_Against_Antisemitism +|
|Has headquarters||London + and UK +|
|Has image2||File:CAA.png +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass||Group +|
|Has objectClass2||Group +|
|Has powerbase||http://www.powerbase.info/index.php/Campaign Against Antisemitism +|
|Has revisionSize||4,185 +|
|Has revisionUser||Patrick Haseldine +|
|Has website||https://antisemitism.uk/ +|
|Has wikipediaPage||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign Against Antisemitism +|
|Has wikipediaPage2||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_Against_Antisemitism +|
|Is not stub||true +|