Bringing Labour into disrepute
Marc Wadsworth was expelled from the Labour Party on 27 April 2018 for allegedly "bringing the party into disrepute". This decision related to a confrontation on 30 June 2016 between him and Labour MP, Ruth Smeeth at the launch of the publication of the Chakrabarti Inquiry report into allegations of anti-semitism and other forms of racism in the Labour Party.
Solidarity with Jo Bird
On 4 March 2019, Marc Wadsworth tweeted:
- Solidarity to @JVoiceLabour comrade & ally cllr Jo Bird cruelly and unjustly suspended by @UKLabour for self-deprecating joke at Manchester #Justice4marc event. She's one of the bravest socialists I know. Pity same cannot be said for the supine appeasers.
|Document:The witchfinders are now ready to burn Corbyn||Blog post||28 February 2019||Jonathan Cook||Jeremy Corbyn’s allies are being picked off one by one, from grassroots activists like Jackie Walker and Marc Wadsworth to higher-placed supporters like Chris Williamson and Seumas Milne. Soon Corbyn will stand alone, exposed before the inquisition that has been prepared for him.|
|Document:We condemn the suspension of Jo Bird and the appointment of Lord Falconer||Article||4 March 2019||As Ken Loach said: “If it looks like a witch hunt and behaves like a witch hunt – it may well be just that. This is intolerable and must end now.”|
- Andrew Hosken, Ken: The Ups and Downs of Ken Livingstone, Arcadia Books, 10 April 2008: Chapter 18: 1985-1994. Ken and the rise of Socialist Action, 1985–1994, p. 265–67
- "Labour activist Marc Wadsworth expelled over anti-Semitism row". Sky News. 27 April 2018. Retrieved 27 April 2018.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "Scribunto").
- "Labour councillor suspended after 'Jew process' joke"
- Solidarity to @JVoiceLabour comrade & ally cllr Jo Bird"