| Paul Mason |
(Journalist, broadcaster, Propagandist, Spook, gatekeeper)
|Born||23 January 1960|
Leigh, England, UK
|Alma mater||University of Sheffield|
|Interests|| • economics|
English writer and broadcaster, future Labour MP
Paul Mason is an English writer and broadcaster on economics and social justice issues. He is also an alleged MI5 operative whom The Grayzone exposed as having worked with Amil Khan to try to "destroy" them.
On 1 June 2022, Mason announced his candidacy to be a Labour MP at the next election. He was on the longlist in the Stretford and Urmston constituency in Greater Manchester, but was not shortlisted.
On 31 July 2016, Paul Mason published a 5,000-word article "Labour: The Way Ahead" detailing his thoughts on Labour strategy post-24 September 2016, the date when the result of the leadership contest between Jeremy Corbyn and Owen Smith is scheduled to be announced.
The US blog, Grayzone, has published what it claims are leaked emails showing British journalist and ex-left Paul Mason discussing plans to involve the state to silence anti-war, anti-NATO media outlets. Mason has neither denied nor confirmed the veracity of these emails (although he has claimed they “may be altered or faked”). The leak would appear to show exchanges of emails between Mason and Amil Khan, the head of intelligence contractor Valent Projects. In the exchanges, ideas are discussed for financially and legally targeting Grayzone.
Paul Mason is the author of a number of books, the latest published in July 2015 being "PostCapitalism: A Guide to our Future".
- Mason, Paul (2007). Live Working or Die Fighting: How the Working Class Went Global. London: Harvill Secker. ISBN 0-436-20615-3.
- Mason, Paul (2009). Meltdown: The End of the Age of Greed. London: Verso. ISBN 978-1-84467-396-4.
- Mason, Paul (2012). Why It's Kicking Off Everywhere: The New Global Revolutions. London: Verso. ISBN 978-1-84467-851-8.
- Mason, Paul (2012). Rare Earth. Harpenden: No Exit. ISBN 1-84243-846-8.
- Mason, Paul (2015). PostCapitalism: A Guide to our Future. Allen Lane. ISBN 978184614738
Documents by Paul Mason
|Title||Document type||Publication date||Subject(s)||Description|
|Document:Labour: The Way Ahead||article||31 July 2016||Labour Party|
|If Jeremy Corbyn wins on 24 September 2016, we should say to his opponents inside the Parliamentary Labour Party: end the passive resistance. We have something that neither Brown nor Miliband ever had, and which Blairism lost ten years ago. A story that makes sense, a strategy that can win, an unprecedented mass membership; and a leader who, in the face of intense pressure, gets stronger.|
|Document:Slumlands — filthy secret of the modern mega-city||webpage||8 August 2011||Slum|
|Document:The new alliance between anti-vaxxers and the far right is a deadly threat||Article||1 August 2021||"Terrorism"|
World Economic Forum
|"Though they claim to be “peaceful”......by setting themselves up as the victims of genocide, the anti-vaxxers give themselves permission to threaten violence.....Those behind the “crime” are said to include governments and the World Economic Forum (WEF)" because the real fascists are the ones that oppose oppressive government mandates and forced injections.|
- "BBC Newsnight's Paul Mason joins Channel 4 News"
- "Guardian profile of Paul Mason"
- "My thoughts on Labour strategy post 24/9"
- "The sound of Blairite silence"
- "Britain: Paul Mason – from class collaborator to outright renegade"
- "The end of capitalism has begun"