Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Gary Schmitt |
|Member of||American Committee for Peace in Chechnya/Members, Committee for the Liberation of Iraq, Project for the New American Century|
An important neo-conservative intelligence theorist
As of 2003, Schmitt was secretary of the Committee for the Liberation of Iraq, which posted the following biography on its website:
- In the early 1980s, Dr. Schmitt was a member of the professional staff of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence and, from 1982-1984, served as the committee's minority staff director. In 1984, he was appointed by President Reagan to the post of executive director of the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board, the White House. He served in that position until 1988. Since then, he has held visiting fellowships at the National Interest, a foreign policy journal, and the Brookings Institution, served as Coordinator for the Consortium for the Study of Intelligence's Working Group on Intelligence Reform, and worked as a consultant to the Department of Defense. In addition, he has been an adjunct professor at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, The Johns Hopkins University.
- Dr. Schmitt has written articles in a number of areas, including the American founding, the U.S. presidency, the American political system, intelligence and national security affairs. He is the co-author with Abram N. Shulsky, of Silent Warfare: Understanding the World of Intelligence (2002); co-editor of, and contributor to, U.S. Intelligence at the Crossroads: Agendas for Reform (1995); co-author of The Future of U.S. Intelligence (1996), a monograph prepared for the Working Group on Intelligence Reform; co-author of What Does "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" Mean? (1998), a monograph of the Henry Salvatori Center of Claremont McKenna College.,
- Dr. Schmitt is a graduate of the University of Dallas (B.A./1974) and the University of Chicago (Ph.D./1980).
- Gary J. Schmitt - Sourcewatch profile
- American Enterprise Institute
- Strategic Education Associates, LLC
- Consortium for the Study of Intelligence
- Working Group on Intelligence Reform
- Project for a New American Century
- American Committee for Peace in the Caucasus
Events Participated in
|Colloquium on Intelligence Requirements for the 1990s||4 December 1987||5 December 1987||Spooky 1987 conference|
|Colloquium on Intelligence and Policy||9 November 1984||10 November 1984||A spooky conference in November 1984|
- AEI - Fellows and Scholars - Gary J Schmitt, acessed 13 July 2008.
- Committee for the Liberation of Iraq - Committee Officers, saved by the Internet Archive, 22 June 2003, accessed 13 July 2008.