| Lord Lilley |
Hayes, Kent, England
|Alma mater||Clare College (Cambridge)|
|Interests|| • Idox Elections|
• Gerald James
Tory politician in charge of entire Scottish council election count
Peter Lilley was used by Stephan Kock and MI6/MI5 to institute a DTI Inquiry in an effort to stop Gerald James and his Arms-to-Iraq revelations. His company plays a major part in the British voting process, with all the possibilities of abuse that entails.
In charge of postal votes
In May 2016 concerns were raised with the Electoral Commission about the involvement with Idox Elections of former Tory Cabinet minister Peter Lilley, who is a senior non-executive director. When appointed as a director, during the infancy of the firm, executives told shareholders he “brings with him a wealth of experience of central and local government, which we believe will be of considerable benefit to the group, especially as it seeks to achieve an increasingly strategic role with both local and central government”.
Objectors have questioned the rationale of awarding contracts to Idox when it has links to one political party, and about the “creeping privatisation” of elections. One objector who has lodged a complaint said:
- “Elections should be free of any issue that might raise any questions.”
Chris Highcock of the Electoral Management Board for Scotland said:
- “Idox is one of a number of companies that supplies various support to returning officers across Scotland, and indeed the UK, as they deliver elections.
- “Such suppliers provide services including, for example, the printing of ballot papers and poll cards. All such contracts are awarded by the individual returning officers on the basis of what will provide the best value and quality with the interests of the voter always at the heart of all our activities and contracts.”
After one concerned person asked about the use of “Peter Lilley’s firm”, the Scottish Government responded:
- “The awarding of contracts to Idox, or other commercial companies, was a matter for individual counting officers to decide. The Scottish Government was not involved in this process.”
In January 2018 Channel 4 secretly recorded Peter Lilley with Andrew Lansley and Andrew Mitchell offering to sell Brexit intelligence to actors who posed as Chinese businessmen hoping to hire them to make money out of Britain leaving the EU. This was a front page story in the Sunday Times of 28 January 2018.
|Document:Tory in Charge of Entire Scottish Council Election Count||Article||29 April 2017||Mel Kelly||Being a software engineer myself, my first thought was - could this be easily used to print replacement postal votes with the voters' ID and their signature, changing our vote for a different candidate while binning your postal vote? I had to conclude yes it could.|
- Document:Big Brother - One Man's Story
- "Concerns raised over senior Tory MP link to election count firm"
- "May names nine new Tory peers to bolster party after Brexit defeats"
- "Baron Lilley of Offa"