Association of Former Intelligence Officers
Membership is not limited to Former Intelligence Officers.
"AFIO members subscribe to the US intelligence community’s core values of patriotism, excellence, integrity, dedication and loyalty. By understanding the history of intelligence from its ancient world underpinnings to twenty-first century wizardry, AFIO’s key objectives and principles are to support today’s needs and foster forward thinking for:
- A strong and responsible national intelligence establishment able to manage growing threats and issues in today’s globally intertwined environment.
- Understanding of the intellectual, political, business and public communities for an effective and cohesive national intelligence infrastructure.
- Strategies in intelligence operations that support leaders at the local, state and federal levels as they make timely security decisions.
- Stimulation of interest in the career needs of US Intelligence and its contractors, among a wide range of students at high schools and universities around the country.
- Execution of effective national policies that advance the defense and security of the country, its citizens and its allies."
Joël van der Reijden notes that both Richard Helms and Theodore Shackley were leading figures in the AFIO until both died in 2002. Charles A. Briggs was chairman of the board of the AFIO for 4 years. George H. W. Bush is honorary chairman of AFIO. Frank Carlucci is honorary director.
In 2007/2008 Roland Carnaby was president of the Houston AFIO when he was shot by an officer of the Houston Police. Although he was named as president of the Houston chapter of the AFIO at http://afiohouston.com, the CIA (and FBI) denied that he had ever worked for them.
The AFIO and David Atlee Phillips sued Donald Freed, Fred Landis and the publisher after their 1980 book Death in Washington, named David Atlee Phillips as being involved in a cover-up of the 1976 assassination of Orlando Letelier and reiterated Gaeton Fonzi's claim that Phillips was Lee Harvey Oswald's case officer while using the alias 'Maurice Bishop'. A settlement was reached in 1986 with Phillips receiving a retraction and an unspecified amount of money.
31 of the 101 of the participants already have pages here:
|James Jesus Angleton||"The dominant counterintelligence figure in the non-communist world", according to Richard Helms, DCI.|
|Michael A. Aquino||US spook, psyop specialist, satanist|
|Frank Archibald||Former director of the CIA's National Clandestine Service|
|Cofer Black||US deep state operative with a leading role in the CIA's kidnapping and torture|
|Charles A. Briggs||As the 3rd highest ranking CIA officer, he produced an affidavit, known by many CIA spooks to be mendacious, but which was only exposed after about 20 years.|
|George H. W. Bush||Skull and bones mastermind of the bush family busine$$.|
|Frank Carlucci||A Princeton roommate of his fellow US Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld.|
|Roland Carnaby||A senior spook who was shot by a Houston police officer following a high speed motor car chase and died of his wounds.|
|Ray S. Cline||Senior CIA, spoke at the 1979 Jerusalem Conference on International Terrorism|
|William Colby||CIA boss who maybe became too loose-mouthed, died in suspicious circumstances|
|Robert Dreyfuss||American investigative journalist, worked for the Executive Intelligence Review|
|Lincoln D. Faurer||United States Air Force officer who was director of the National Security Agency from 1981 to 1985.|
|Mary Ferrell||Independent researcher who created a large database on the John F. Kennedy assassination|
|Gerald Ford||US Deep State functionary who was US President after The Cabal removed Richard Nixon with the Watergate Coup|
|Michael Hayden||US Spook, NSA Director 1999-2005, CIA Director 2006-2009, News Guard advisory board|
|Bobby Ray Inman||NSA director 1977-1981|
|David Atlee Phillips||Widely fingered as a key player in the JFK Assassination.|
|James R. Schlesinger||USDSO, DCI, RAND, US Defense secretary|
|Theodore Shackley||A key member of the US deep state, involved in a huge list of deep events from the JFK assassination, Iran Contra, Arms for Libya and possibly also 9-11|
|John K. Singlaub||Founding member of the CIA, where he for more than half a century organized death squads and terrorist groups around the world, funded by drugs smuggling.|
|Rodney Stich||A writer of over 20 books exposing US government corruption.|
|Richard G. Stilwell|
|Hugh Tovar||A spook involved in Vietnam and Indonesia|
|William Webster||A "key member" of Diligence|
|James Woolsey||Ex CIA director still (per 2020) very active in deep state networks.|
- ↑ http://www.afio.com/03_principles.htm
- ↑ https://isgp-studies.com/911-supranational-suspects
- ↑ http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Charles-Ackerly-Briggs-102990886
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20080510223024/http://afiohouston.com:80/afiohouston.html
- ↑ a b Bugliosi, Vincent (2007). Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy. New York: W. W. Norton & Company. p. 1201. ISBN 0-393-04525-0.