| Sam Tarry |
Sam Tarry is a Labour Party local councillor in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham and is National Political Officer with the TSSA trade union. On 22 October 2019, Tarry was selected to stand as Labour's PPC for Ilford South at the UK/2019 General Election instead of Blairite defector Mike Gapes.
- "This is not antisemitic. Depending on the context (which, conveniently you haven't provided), it *might* be an insensitive framing of antisemitism in the Labour Party. But it is not antisemitic."
Sam Tarry tweeted:
- "Please watch my full response to a question about anti-semitism during last night's Ilford South hustings."
It is time we had a fresh start in Ilford South. We don’t need an establishment politician, we need an MP from the grassroots who went into politics not for the prestige and power, but to fight for the simple belief that a better world is possible. I will be an MP who believes in and fights for Labour Party democracy. I’ll be a true representative: listening to members, and constituents and standing with clear moral, socialist principles about transforming our country, in order to rebalance power and wealth in favour of working people.
- “The Labour party had become very hollowed out, actually. Because I think the people who had been in control of it – and some of the people who are still in control of it at the bureaucratic level – have just been a self-replicating cadre of types of people. And it has just meant that it has become very conservative in the way it approaches things, very technocratic. It has lost its sense of being an actual movement.”
On 9 August 2016, Sam Tarry appeared on Channel 4 News and debated with John McTernan on the state of the Labour Party, saying that McTernan was responsible for Labour's dreadful performance in Scotland in May 2015, for the defeat of Australia's prime minister Julia Gillard in June 2013 and for this year's failed coup against Jeremy Corbyn.
- Sam Tarry selected to stand as Labour's PPC for Ilford South"
- "This is not antisemitic"
- "Please watch my full response to a question about anti-semitism during last night's Ilford South hustings"
- "Mission statement"
- "At home with Momentum: the rise of 'Corbyn's shock troops'"
- "Here, have @SamTarry going to town on John McTernan"