| Rivkah Brown |
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge, University of Oxford|
|Interests||Jews Against Boris|
Rivkah Brown is editor of Vashti Media, a podcast producer and a print and audio journalist who writes op-ed pieces for The Guardian, Independent and the London Review of Books, as well as features for The Financial Times and New Statesman.
Jews Against Boris
Rivkah Brown is a member of the campaign group Jews Against Boris and told the Times of Israel on 18 November 2019:
- “My personal relationship with the Labour Party has been complicated by the events of the last few years, and I understand why many in my community feel unable to vote for them.
- “However all racisms are interconnected and Jews cannot be safe while other minorities are under threat. Boris Johnson has incited a hateful and divisive politics that endangers all marginalised people. That is why being part of a group of British Jews who show solidarity with other communities is so important at this election.
- "I'm proud to campaign for the working-class Muslim immigrant, Ali Milani, who is – in an incredible act of poetic justice – going to defeat our born-to-rule Islamophobic prime minister."
- “The way in which the leadership has dealt with anti-Jewish racism is incompatible with the British values of which we are so proud — of dignity and respect for all people,” he wrote.
- “A new poison — sanctioned from the top — has taken root in the Labour Party,” he wrote, adding that in the election next month, “the very soul of our nation is at stake.”
|Rivkah Brown takes Rabbi Mirvis to task|
Channel 4 News
Interviewed by Channel 4 News on 26 November 2019, Rivkah Brown told Krishnan Guru-Murthy that the Chief Rabbi, Ephraim Mirvis, was wrong to focus on Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party over antisemitism, when the Tories are the real existential threat to the religious minorities in Britain:
- "The Jewish communal leadership has derelicted its duty to solidarity with all minorities — and in a way that's not just unprincipled, it's impractical."
- "Been racking my brains for something thoughtful to say on all this but for now, all I can manage is: I hope you're happy now, you fuckers."
- "Rivkah Brown Linkedin"
- "Rivkah Brown's passport photo"
- "Young left-wing Jews canvass for Labour candidate seeking to oust Boris Johnson"
- "Ephraim Mirvis: What will become of Jews in Britain if Labour forms the next government?"
- "UK Chief Rabbi Denounces Labour Party on Anti-Semitism"
- "Chief Rabbi criticises Labour's anti-semitism record"
- "Chief Rabbi attacks Labour Party forcing Jeremy Corbyn to defend record on anti-Semitism"
- "Tories are the real existential threat"
- "I hope you're happy now, you fuckers"