In February 2016, Momentum agreed to set up a paid formal membership structure, which would require that those wanting to join must support the values and aims of the Labour Party.
With about 12,000 members in total, Momentum has around 50 local groups across the UK.
- Norman Smith (24 October 2015). "What is Momentum, and why is it worrying Labour MPs?". BBC News.
- Stone, Jon (8 October 2015). "Jeremy Corbyn's leadership campaign sets up new local activist network called 'Momentum'". The Independent. Archived from the original on 11 October 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- Patrick Wintour (8 October 2015). "Jeremy Corbyn leadership campaign gives rise to new social movement". The Guardian.
- Stephen Bush (23 October 2015). "Labour MPs are worried about Momentum. Should they be?". New Statesman.
- "In the shadows for 35 years, the activist now gaining momentum"
- "Momentum to block supporters of rival parties from membership". Labour List. 8 February 2016. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- Ashley Cowburn (2016-07-04). "Labour leader issues defiant message as pro-Corbyn organisation doubles its membership in a week". The Independent. Retrieved 2016-08-02.
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|
|Display docType||WikiSpooks Page +|
|Display image||Image:Momentum.jpg +|
|Has founder||Jon Lansman +|
|Has fullPageName||Momentum +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Momentum +|
|Has logo2||Image:Momentum.jpg +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass||Group +|
|Has objectClass2||Group +|
|Has revisionSize||2,949 +|
|Has revisionUser||Patrick Haseldine +|
|Has twitter||https://www.twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum +|
|Has website||http://www.peoplesmomentum.com/ +|
|Has wikipediaPage||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momentum_(organisation) +|
|Has wikipediaPage2||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momentum_(organisation) +|
|Is stub||true +|