| Ron Prosor|
Ron Prosor was appointed Israeli ambassador to the UK in 2007.
According to an article for Haaretz.com, "Israeli PR efforts in Britain have kicked up a notch since Prosor became ambassador two months ago." 
Prosor is reported to be the 'brainchild' of an 'aggressive new strategy' in Britain with the aim of 'making Israel’s case more actively in the media and taking their message out of London'. Prosor was formerly director-general of Israel’s Foreign Ministry.
Wielding great influence on British Jewry
In 2008, The Jeruselem Chronicle declared 'the top spots' on their second annual list of those who 'wield the greatest influence on British Jewry'. Prosor is listed at number 10. The criteria for being listed is described as 'those with a vision for Jewish life in this country and who did their utmost to bring it about using either money; persuasion; religion; culture; political or social leadership; or simply inspiring through word and deed'. In order for someone to be listed in the top 20, it was generally necessary to demonstrate influence in more than one of the spheres.
In the article, Prosor is described as
- Israel’s London envoy, presenting its case forcefully in the mainstream while adept at ambassadorial glad-handing at communal events. Until mid-2006, Mr Prosor was director general of Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Before this he was senior deputy director general and chief of policy staff to the Foreign Minister. Fluent in English and German, the diplomat was also formerly a spokesman in London and Bonn and a political-affairs counsellor in Washington..
Others included in the list were Lord Levy (number 9), Trevor Chinn (number 14), Daniel Finkelstein (number 11), John Mann (number 17), Jonathan Freedland (number 18), Julia Neuberger (number 19), Lord Janner (number 20), Prime Minister Gordon Brown (number 29) & Poju Zabludowicz (number 30).
- Kaffiyeh-wearing protesters greet new Israeli U.K. Ambassador, Haaretz, 24th January 2008
- Frazer, J. (2007) Israel’s bold new UK strategy 14th December 2007. Accessed 2nd july 2008
- The Jewish Chronicle How we made our selection 9th May 2008. Accessed 16th August 2008
- The Jewish Chronicle JC Power 100: Sacks stays on top, as new names emerge. 9th May 2008. Accessed 16th August 2008
|Description||Ron Prosor was appointed Israeli ambassador to the UK in 2007. +|
|Display docType||WikiSpooks Page +|
|Display image||File:Person.png +|
|Has fullPageName||Ron Prosor +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Ron_Prosor +|
|Has objectClass||Person +|
|Has objectClass2||Person +|
|Has revisionSize||2,803 +|
|Has revisionUser||Robin +|