| Eric Margolis |
|Born||Eric S. Margolis|
New York City, USA
|Alma mater||Georgetown University, University of Geneva, New York University|
|Member of||American Herald Tribune, Jeffrey Epstein/Black book, The Unz Review|
US/Canadian journalist who touches on deep subjects
Eric S. Margolisis an American-born journalist and writer. For 27 years, ending in 2010, he was a contributing editor to the Toronto Sun chain of newspapers, writing mainly about the Middle East, South Asia and Islam.
In 2010, antiwar columnist Margolis was fired in a shake-up at Sun Newspapers, despite that his column remained popular. In what is unlikely a coincidence, it was revealed that Sun Newspapers is now receiving Canadian government money.
As a war correspondent Margolis has covered conflicts in Angola, Namibia, South Africa, Mozambique, Sinai, Afghanistan, Kashmir, India, Pakistan, El Salvador and Nicaragua. He was among the first journalists to ever interview Libya’s Muammar Khadaffi and was among the first to be allowed access to KGB headquarters in Moscow.
He is affiliated with several organizations including International Institute of Strategic Studies in London and the Institute of Regional Studies based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Margolis descibes himself as always having "been a moderate, conservative Eisenhower Republican who believes in small government, low taxes, saving, hard work, individual freedoms, and avoiding overseas adventures."
In a November 2008 book review entitled "Deflating the Churchill Myth", Margolis in the Toronto Sun endorsed Pat Buchanan's book Churchill, Hitler and the Unnecessary War as a "powerful new book". Margolis stated:
Buchanan's heretical view, and mine, is that the Western democracies should have let Hitler expand his Reich eastward until it inevitably went to war with the even more dangerous Soviet Union. Once these despotisms had exhausted themselves, the Western democracies would have been left dominating Europe. The lives of millions of Western civilians and soldiers would have been spared.
In a 2009 essay entitled "Don't Blame Hitler Alone for World War II", Margolis endorsed the claims of Viktor Suvorov that Operation Barbarossa was a "preventive war" forced on Hitler by an alleged impending Soviet attack, and that it is wrong to give Hitler "total blame" for World War II.
- ↑ http://torontosunfamily.blogspot.com/2010/07/margolis-out.html
- ↑ http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2010/07/24/sun-newspapers-fire-eric-margolis-after-receiving-canadian-govt-grants/
- ↑ http://torontosunfamily.blogspot.com/2010/07/feds-funding.html
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20110604215608/http://www.iiss.org/EasysiteWeb/getresource.axd?AssetID=1439&type=full&servicetype=Attachment
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20090105163613/http://www.ericmargolis.com/political_commentaries/rogue--republican.aspx
- ↑ a b https://web.archive.org/web/20091004065625/http://www.ericmargolis.com/political_commentaries/deflating-the-churchill-myth.aspx
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20091004065454/http://www.ericmargolis.com/political_commentaries/dont-blame-hitler-alone-for-world-war-ii.aspx