Colloquium on Counterintelligence
The Colloquium on Counterintelligence was held in Washington D.C. on 24-26 April 1980. Some sixty academics, current and former counterintelligence practitioners and congressional staff specialists attended the event.
List of participants
- Daniel C. Arnold, Former Chief, Evaluations, Plans and Design Staff, DDO, CIA
- Frank R. Barnett, President, National Strategy Information Center
- Captain Richard W. Bates, USA (Ret.)
- Dr Richard K. Betts, Brookings Institution
- Dr Arnold Beichman, Freelance Writer: Professor of Political Science
- Dr Richard Bissell, Managing Editor, ORBIS
- Ladislav Bittman, Formerly with the Czechoslovak Intelligence Service
- Dr Adda B. Bozeman, Professor of International Relations, Sarah Lawrence College
- William A. Baranigan,, Former Chief, Soviet Counterintelligence, FBI
- Eugene Franz Burgstaller, Former Chief of Station, CIA
- Robert Chapman, Former Chief of Collection, Latin America, CIA
- Dr John G. Chomeau, Chief Analysis Training Branch, Office of Training, CIA
- Dr Ray S. Cline, Executive Director, Georgetown Center for Strategic and International Studies; Former Deputy Director for Intelligence, CIA
- Dr Angelo Codevilla, Professional Staff Member, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
- Kenneth E. deGraffenreid, Professional Staff Member, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
- Dr John J. Dziak,Senior Soviet Specialist, DIA
- Dr Edward J. Epstein, Center for Research on International Deception
- Jean Evans, Professional Staff Member, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
- Major General Shlomo Gazit, director of Israeli military intelligence
- Richard H. Giza, Professional Staff Member, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Dr Roy Godson, Associate Professor of Government, Georgetown University; Research Associate, National Strategy Information Center
- James H. Guirard, Administrative Assistant to Senator Russell Long
- Lt. Colonel John Guenther, Special Assistant to the Director of Intelligence, USMC.
- Samuel Halpern, Former Executive Assistant to the Deputy Director for Plans, CIA
- Dr Michael Handel, Center for International Affairs, Harvard University
- Dr William R. Harris, The Rand Corporation,
- Rear Admiral Donald P. Harvey, USN (Ret.), Senior Scientist, TRW; Former Director of Naval Intelligence
- Dr Roland Herbst, R&D Associates
- David Ignatius, Wall Street Journal
- George Kalaris, Central Intelligence Agency
- Roger Kaplan, Program Officer, Smith Richardson Foundation
- Merrill T. Kelly, Special Assistant to the Assistant Chief of Staff for Intelligence for Human Systems, USA
- G. Elizabeth Keyes, Professional Staff Member, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Wilfred Koplowitz, Former Chief of Station, CIA
- William Kuzewicz, Editorial Page Writer, Wall Street Journal
- Charles M. Lichtenstein, Counsel to the Public Broadcasting Service
- John Bruce Lockhart, Formerly with the British Foreign Office.
- Patrick G. Long, Associate Counsel, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Hon. John O. Marsh, Jr., Mays, Valentine, Davenport, and Moore,; Former Counsellor to President Ford
- Mr David Martin, Consultant ot the American Bar Association Committee on Law and National Security.
- Lawrence McWilliams, Foremr Chief of Foreign Counterintelligence Training, FBI
- Newton S. Miler, Former Chief of Operations, Counterintelligence Staff, CIA
- Professor John Norton Moore, Director, Center for Oceans, Law and Policy, University of Virginia Law School
- Rear Admiral William C. Mott USN (Ret.), Chairman, Advisory Committee, ABA Committee on Law and National Security; Vice President, National Strategy Information Center
- Robert Nisbet, Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- James E. Nolan, Section Chief, Intelligence Division, FBI
- Lt. Gen. William Odom, Military Assistant to the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs
- Dr. Richard E. Pipes, Professor of History, Harvard University
- Donovan Pratt, Former Director of Research, Counterintelligence Staff, CIA
- Alfred S. Regnery, Legislative Counsel to Senator Paul Laxalt
- Raymond Rocca, Former Deputy Chief, Counterintelligence Staff, CIA
- Herbert Romerstein, Professional Staff Member, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Professor Antonin Scalia, University of Chicago Law Shool; Former Assistant Attorney General
- Dr Paul Seabury, Professor of Political Science, University of California, Berkeley.
- Theodore G. Shackley, Former Associate Deputy Director for Collection Tasking, CIA
- Dennis P. Sharon, Minority Counsel, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- David Shaw, Professional Staff Member, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Norman L. Smith, Former Deputy Chief of Operations, Counterintelligence Staff, CIA
- Richard F. Staar, Director of International Studies, Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace
- Daniel Southerland, Christian Science Monitor
- David S. Sullivan, Former Strategic Analyst, CIA
- P.L Thyraud de Vosjoli, Former Chief of Station, SDECE
- Major General Edmund R. Thompson, USA, Assistant Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Department of the Army
- Dr Michael Uhlmann, Former Assistant Attorney General
- Joe Volz, New York Daily News
- W. Raymond Wannall, Former Assistant Director, FBI, Intelligence Division
- Edwin Warner, Time, Inc.
- Dr Allen Weinstein, Professor of History, Smith College
- Dr James Q. Wilson, Professor of Government, Harvard University
- Arthur A. Zuelkhe, Jr, Soviet Analyst, DIA
20 of the 70 of the participants already have pages here:
|Richard M. Bissell|
|Ray S. Cline||Senior CIA, spoke at the 1979 Jerusalem Conference on International Terrorism|
|Angelo Codevilla||Staff in Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Professor of international relations. Proponent of the Strategic Defense Initiative. Defender of the Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard.|
|John J. Dziak|
|Edward Jay Epstein|
|Richard H. Giza|
|David Ignatius||Attender of spooky "security" conferences|
|David Martin||Spooky MEP|
|William Odom||Bilderberg NSA director|
|Richard Pipes||Hawkish cold warrior historian|
|Raymond Rocca||CIA counterintelligence officer and specialist on the Soviet Union|
|Antonin Scalia||US judge|
|Theodore Shackley||A key member of the US deep state, involved in a huge list of deep events from the JFK assassination, Iran Contra, Arms for Libya and possibly also 9-11|
|James Q. Wilson||Provided guidance on how best to coordinate the national war on drugs.|
- Roy Godson (ed), Intelligence Requirements for the 1980's: Counterintelligence, National Strategy Information Center, 1980, p.335.
- Roy Godson (ed), Intelligence Requirements for the 1980's: Counterintelligence, National Strategy Information Center, 1980, p.1.
- Roy Godson (ed), Intelligence Requirements for the 1980's: Counterintelligence, National Strategy Information Center, 1980, pp.336-339.