| Maria Eagle |
Twin Labour MPs Maria Eagle (left) and Angela Eagle
|Born||17 February 1961|
|Alma mater||Pembroke College (Oxford), University of Law|
Maria Eagle (born 17 February 1961) is a British Labour Party Member of Parliament (MP) for Garston and Halewood who held several ministerial appointments in Tony Blair's government and shadow cabinet positions under both Ed Miliband and Jeremy Corbyn.
On 14 September 2015, Maria Eagle was confirmed as the Shadow Defence Secretary in Jeremy Corbyn's first Shadow Cabinet. In November 2015, her support for renewing the Trident nuclear programme brought her into conflict with both Ken Livingstone, her co-chair of Labour's defence review, and with Jeremy Corbyn.
- Opposition Front Bench Labour Party
- "Jeremy Corbyn announces new Shadow Cabinet appointments". Labour Press. Retrieved 27 May 2016.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- "Trident opponent Ken Livingstone joins Labour defence review she caused"
- "Maria Eagle: I 'will try' to convince Corbyn on Trident"
- "Shadow cabinet resignations: who has gone and who is staying"
- "Angela Eagle resigns"
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|