Document:US Planned Syrian Civilian Catastrophe Since 2007
Source: Land Destroyer Report (Link)
As at early September 2013, wide dissemination - and understanding - of the information contained in this article is vital if US military intervention in Syria is to be avoided. Anyone with an open mind and who takes the trouble to read it, together with it's referenced material thoroughly, cannot but conclude that we have been lied to - and continue to be lied to - with a planned and systematic thoroughness that is breathtaking in its scope and Machiavellian purpose.
As is the case whenever the newly polished concepts of "Responsibility to Protect" and "Humanitarian intervention" are invoked by the Globalist Elite, they are used (and hitherto have proved very effective) to herd and dupe gullible publics into support for the unconscionable destruction of countries and their governments that are guilty of nothing but declining to see things the Globalist's way.
It is truly depressing to have to acknowledge that we appear to have learned absolutely nothing from carnage of Irag, Afghanistan and Libya, Pakistan, Yemen - to mention just a few of the latest and current US/Western executed 'Humanitarian' Drone and bombing campaigns. We have become accustomed to the language or Orwell - where everything becomes its opposite and no one seems to notice.
★ Start a Discussion about this document
US Planned Syrian Civilian Catastrophe Since 2007
4 September 2013 - NBC News' report, "'The great tragedy of this century': More than 2 million refugees forced out of Syria,"  stated:
- More than 2 million Syrians have poured into neighboring countries as refugees, the United Nations revealed on Tuesday.
- Around 5,000 people per day are fleeing the three-year conflict, which the U.N. says has already claimed over 100,000 lives.
- “Syria has become the great tragedy of this century — a disgraceful humanitarian calamity with suffering and displacement unparalleled in recent history,” said António Guterres, the U.N.’s high commissioner responsible for refugees.
But, while the UN and nations across the West feign shock over the growing humanitarian catastrophe unfolding in and around Syria, the goal of a violent sectarian conflict and its predictable, catastrophic results along with calls to literally "bleed" Syria have been the underlying strategy of special interests in the United States, Israel, Saudi Arabia and their regional partners since at least 2007. [Plus the UK and France Ed]
A Timeline: How the Syrian Conflict Really Unfolded
Western media networks have ensured that a singular narrative of "pro-democracy" uprisings turning violent in the face of brutal oppression by the Syrian government after the so-called "Arab Spring" is disseminated across the public. In reality, "pro-democracy" protesters served as a tenuous smokescreen behind which armed foreign-backed extremists took to the streets and countrysides of Syria to execute a sectarian bloodbath years in the making. Here is a timeline that illuminates the true cause of Syria's current conflict and the foreign interests, not the Syrian government, responsible for the tens of thousands dead and millions displaced during the conflict.
- 1991: Paul Wolfowitz, then Undersecretary of Defense, tells US Army General Wesley Clark that the US has 5-10 years to "clean up those old Soviet client regimes, Syria, Iran, Iraq, before the next great superpower comes on to challenge us." 
- 2001: A classified plot is revealed to US Army General Wesley Clark that the US plans to attack and destroy the governments of 7 nations: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya Somalia, Sudan, and Iran. 
- 2002: US Under Secretary of State John Bolton declares Syria a member of the "Axis of Evil" and warned that "the US would take action." .
- 2005: US State Department's National Endowment for Democracy organizes and implements the "Cedar Revolution" in Lebanon directly aimed at undermining Syrian-Iranian influence in Lebanon in favor of Western-backed proxies, most notably Saad Hariri's political faction. .
- 2005: Ziad Abdelnour of US Committee for a Free Lebanon, an associate of Bush Administration advisers, policy makers, and media including Neo-Conservatives Paula Dobriansky, James Woolsey, Frank Gaffney, Daniel Pipes, Joseph Farah (World Net Daily), Clifford May, and Daniel Nassif of US State Department-funded Al Hurra and Radio Sawa, admits: "Both the Syrian and Lebanese regimes will be changed- whether they like it or not- whether it’s going to be a military coup or something else… and we are working on it. We know already exactly who’s going to be the replacements. We’re working on it with the Bush administration." 
- 2006: Israel attempts, and fails, to destroy Hezbollah in Lebanon after a prolonged aerial bombard that resulted in thousands of civilian deaths.  
- 2007: Seymour Hersh in the New Yorker reveals that US, Israel, Saudi Arabia and Hariri in Lebanon as well as the Syrian arm of the Muslim Brotherhood were assembling, arming, training, and heavily funding a sectarian extremists front, many of whom had direct ties to Al Qaeda, to unleash in both Lebanon and Syria. The goal was to create and exploit a sectarian divide between Sunni and Shi'ia Muslims. Hersh interviewed intelligence officers who expressed concerns over the "cataclysmic conflict" that would result, and the need to protect ethnic minorities from sectarian atrocities. The report indicated that extremists would be logistically staged in northern Lebanon where they would be able to cross back and forth into Syria. 
- 2008: The US State Department begins training, funding, networking, and equipping "activists" through its "Alliance for Youth Movements" where the future protest leaders of the "Arab Spring," including Egypt's "April 6 Movement"  were brought to New York, London, and Mexico, before being trained by US-funded CANVAS in Serbia,  and then returning home to begin preparations for 2011. 
- 2009: The Brookings Institution published a report titled, "Which Path to Persia?" (File:Which Path to Persia.pdf), which admits that the Bush Administration "evicted" Syria from Lebanon without building up a strong Lebanese government to replace it (p. 34), that Israel struck a "nascent" Syrian nuclear program, and states the importance of neutralizing Syrian influence before any attack on Iran can be carried out (p. 109). The report then goes on to describe in detail the use of listed terrorist organizations against the government of Iran, in particular the Mujahedin-e Khalq (MEK)  (p. 126) and Baluch insurgents in Pakistan  (p.132).
- 2009-2010: In an April 2011 AFP report , Michael Posner, the assistant US Secretary of State for Human Rights and Labor, admitted that the "US government has budgeted $50 million in the last two years to develop new technologies to help activists protect themselves from arrest and prosecution by authoritarian governments." The report went on to admit that the US (emphasis added) "organized training sessions for 5,000 activists in different parts of the world. A session held in the Middle East about six weeks ago gathered activists from Tunisia, Egypt, Syria and Lebanon who returned to their countries with the aim of training their colleagues there." Posner would add, "They went back and there's a ripple effect." AFP: "US Trains Activists to Evade Security Forces," April 8, 2011. 
- 2011: Posner's US trained, funded, and equipped activists return to their respective countries across the Arab World to begin their "ripple effect." Protests, vandalism , and arson sweep across Syria  and "rooftop snipers"  begin attacking both protesters and Syrian security forces, just as Western-backed movements were documented doing in Bangkok, Thailand one year earlier.  With a similar gambit already unfolding in Libya, US senators begin threatening Syria with long planned and sought after military intervention. 
- 2012: With NATO's Libyan intervention resulting in a weak US-backed Tripoli client-regime,  perpetual infighting, nationwide genocide, and the succession of Benghazi in the east,  the NATO-backed Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG),  listed by the US State Department as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (listed #27)  begins mobilizing weapons, cash, and fighters to begin destabilizing Syria. Headed by LIFG's Abdul Hakim Belhaj,  this would be the first confirmed presence of Al Qaeda in Syria, flush with NATO weapons and cash. The Washington Post would confirm,  just as stated by Hersh in 2007, that the US and Saudi Arabia were arming the sectarian extremists, now labeled the "Free Syrian Army." The Post also admits that the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood, as stated in Hersh's 2007 report, was also involved in arming and backing extremist fighters. 
- 2012: The US policy think-tank Brookings Institution in its Middle East Memo #21 "Assessing Options for Regime Change (File:Brookings Memo 21.pdf)," admits that it does not seek any negotiated ceasefire under the UN's "Kofi Annan peace plan" that leaves Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in power and would rather arm militants, even with the knowledge they will never succeed, to "bleed" the government, "keeping a regional adversary weak, while avoiding the costs of direct intervention." This reveals that US policy does not view US interference in Syria as a moral imperative predicated on defending human rights, but rather using this false predication to couch aspirations of regional hegemony. 
And, just this year, it was revealed that despite the West's feigned military and political paralysis regarding the Syrian conflict, the US and Great Britain have been covertly funding and arming sectarian extremists to the tune of billions of dollars and arming them with literally thousands of tons of weaponry.  Despite claims of "carefully vetting" "moderate" militant factions, the prominence of Al Qaeda-linked extremist groups indicates that the majority of Western support, laundered through Qatar and Saudi Arabia, is being purposefully put into the hands of the very sectarian extremists identified in Seymour Hersh's 2007 article, "The Redirection."
US Created and is Now Using Syrian Catastrophe to Justify Intervention
The non-debate taking place now to justify US military intervention in a conflict they themselves started and have intentionally perpetuated, is whether chemical weapons were used in Damascus on August 21, 2013 - not even "who" deployed them. The weakness of the US' argument has seen an unprecedented backlash across both the world's populations and the global diplomatic community. And despite only 9% of the American public supporting a military intervention in Syria, Congress appears poised to not only green-light "limited strikes," but may approve of a wider military escalation.
In Seymour Hersh's 2007 New Yorker article, "The Redirection," Robert Baer, a former CIA agent in Lebanon, warned of the sectarian bloodbath the US, Israel, and Saudi Arabia were planning to unleash. He stated:
“we’ve got Sunni Arabs preparing for cataclysmic conflict, and we will need somebody to protect the Christians in Lebanon. It used to be the French and the United States who would do it, and now it’s going to be Nasrallah and the Shiites"
Hezbollah's leader, Hassan Nasrallah, also featured in Hersh's report, would in turn also warn of an imminent and spreading sectarian war purposefully stoked by the West:
“Nasrallah said he believed that President Bush’s goal was “the drawing of a new map for the region. They want the partition of Iraq. Iraq is not on the edge of a civil war — there is a civil war. There is ethnic and sectarian cleansing. The daily killing and displacement which is taking place in Iraq aims at achieving three Iraqi parts, which will be sectarian and ethnically pure as a prelude to the partition of Iraq. Within one or two years at the most, there will be total Sunni areas, total Shiite areas, and total Kurdish areas. Even in Baghdad, there is a fear that it might be divided into two areas, one Sunni and one Shiite...
“I can say that President Bush is lying when he says he does not want Iraq to be partitioned. All the facts occurring now on the ground make you swear he is dragging Iraq to partition. And a day will come when he will say, ‘I cannot do anything, since the Iraqis want the partition of their country and I honor the wishes of the people of Iraq.’"
Nasrallah said he believed that America also wanted to bring about the partition of Lebanon and of Syria. In Syria, he said, the result would be to push the country “into chaos and internal battles like in Iraq.” In Lebanon, “There will be a Sunni state, an Alawi state, a Christian state, and a Druze state.” But, he said, “I do not know if there will be a Shiite state.””
It would be difficult for anyone to look across the scarred landscape of today's Syria and not see that this horrific conspiracy was realized in full. The Western media is now acquainting the public with the possibility of a partitioned Syria,  echoing the warnings of Nasrallah years ago. (See Also: Document:Arabs Beware the Small States Option Ed) The goals of a US military strike would be to "degrade" the capabilities of the Syrian government, while bolstering the terrorist legions still operating within and along Syria's borders.
What we are witnessing in Syria today is the direct result of a documented conspiracy, not by a "brutal Syrian regime" "oppressing" its own people, but of a US, Israel, and Saudi Arabia radicalizing, arming, and unleashing a sectarian tidal wave they knew well ahead of time would cause atrocities, genocide, mass displacements and even the geopolitical partitioning of Syria and beyond. The intentional destabilization of the region is meant to weaken Lebanon, Syria, Iran, and Iraq - and even Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, and others - to accomplish what the depleted, impotent US and Israeli forces could not achieve. Military intervention now seeks to tip the balance of an already teetering region.
The attacks on Syria are not humanitarian by any measure. They are simply the latest stage of a long-running plan to divide and destroy the region, leaving the West the sole regional hegemonic power.
- ↑ 'The Great Tragedy of the century = NBC News 4 September 2013
- ↑ a b Wes Clark - America's Foreign Policy "Coup" - YouTube video - Fora TV 3 October 2007
- ↑ "US Expands 'Axis of Evil'" - BBC 6 May 2002
- ↑ a b "Faking the Case Against Syria," - Counterpunch. By Trish Schuh 19-20 November 2005
- ↑ US Committee for a Free Lebanon - Web Site
- ↑ Pentagon learning from 'IDF's disaster' - Ynet News 4 June 2009
- ↑ "UN: Hezbollah and Israel agree on Monday cease-fire," China Daily 13 August 2006.
- ↑ "The Redirection," - New Yorker. by Seymour Hersh, 5 March 2007.
- ↑ Inaugural AYM Summit and Egypt's Shahab April 6 Movement
- ↑ Revolution U - Foreign Polcy Journal 16 February 2011
- ↑ 2011 - Year of the Dupe - Land Destroyer Report 24 December 2011
- ↑ CONFIRMED: Terrorist Organization Trained on US Soil by US Military - Land Destroyer Report. 8 April 2012
- ↑ US Attempting to Trigger Color Revolution in Pakistan - Land Destroyer Report 13 April 2012
- ↑ a b US trains activists to evade security forces - Activist Post 8 April 2011
- ↑ Globalist War Machine Fixates on Syria - Land Destryoer Report 17 April 2011
- ↑ Color Revolution's Mystery Gunmen - Land Destroyer Report 24 April 2011
- ↑ Atrocities Made to Order - Land Destroyer Report 29 May 2012
- ↑ Syria: Intervention Inevitable - Land Destroyer Report 29 April 2011
- ↑ New Libyan "PM" is Big-Oil Goon - Land Destroyer Report 2 November 2011
- ↑ John McCain: Founding Father of the Terrorist Emirate of Benghazi - Land Destroyer Report 7 March 2012
- ↑ West Point Terror Center Confirms Al Qaeda in Libya - Land Destroyer Report
- ↑ Foreign Terrorist Organizations - US State Department web site 28 September 2012
- ↑ Leading Libyan Islamist met Free Syrian Army opposition group - The Telegraph 27 Nobember 2011
- ↑ Syrian rebels get influx of arms with gulf neighbors’ money, U.S. coordination - Washington Post 16 May 2012
- ↑ US Officially Arming Extremists in Syria - Land Destroyer Report. 16 May 2012.
- ↑ US Brookings Wants to "Bleed" Syria to Death - Land Destroyer Report 28 May 2012.
- ↑ US-British Al Qaeda Airlift: 3,000 Tons of Weapons Fuel Syria's Destruction - Land Destroyer Report 9 March 2013
- ↑ http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2007/03/05/the-redirection The New Yorker
- ↑ Syria: Nation divided into three parts - The Scotsman 4 September 2013