"2014 Ukraine coup/Anti-Terrorist-Operation"
|Date||15 April 2014 - 24 February 2022|
|Description||Olexander Turchynov, as acting President of Ukraine, announced the start of "anti-terrorist operation" against Donbas protestors in 2014.|
From the start it basically came down to war crimes  and killing of civilians mainly by heavy weapons fire on residential areas after the initial phase of the war. Torture, rape, executions and mass graves have been reported.
Ukraine's acting President Olexander Turchynov has announced the start of an "anti-terrorist operation" (ATO) against pro-Russian separatists.
He told parliament it was being conducted "stage by stage, in a responsible... manner". 
It was clear from Turchynov's announcement that the Junta expected to secure full control and compliance in the South-Eastern parts of the country with relative ease. As it turned out, this marked the beginning of what has become a protracted and bloody civil war with the junta using all the military power at its disposal against its own citizens.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation has published at least four white books (March, June, November 2014; and one in 2015 ) which document the crimes committed by Ukrainian soldiers and militia formations. The 2015 edition (authored by "The Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation") notes the following on page 106:
"in the settlements of the Lugansk and Donetsk regions which were in the grips of the so-called anti-terrorist operation, where armed members of the National Guard of Ukraine and fighters of nationalist battalions committed atrocities against civilians: killing, raping, plundering ‘for war needs’, kidnapping and intimidating people."
|File:White Book-2.pdf||report||June 2014||Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs||White Book update - on violations of human rights and the rule of law in Ukraine between April and mid-June 2014|
|File:White Book.pdf||report||5 May 2014||Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs||A White Book on violations of human rights and the rule of law in Ukraine since November 2013, released by the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs on 5 May 2014|
- https://www.newsweek.com/evidence-war-crimes-committed-ukrainian-nationalist-volunteers-grows-269604 saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- George Eliason - 10/2/2014 - Ukraine: The Unspeakable Horror of Poroshenko's Peace / Article page 1 (saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is) / Article page 2 (saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is) / Article page 3 (saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is)
- George Eliason - 11/7/2014 - Ukraine 2nd Day of Heavy Fighting | Kiev Shells Sports Facility Killing Children and ADMITS NO RUSSIAN TROOPS PRESENT I / Article page 1 (saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is) / Article page 2 (saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is) / Article page 3 (saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is)
- https://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/report_pdf/ukraine0716web_2.pdf saved at Archive.org
- https://www.osce.org/files/f/documents/e/7/233896.pdf saved at Archive.org
- Ukraine says Donetsk 'anti-terror operation' under way - BBC Europe report 16 April 2014